This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
    My boys snuck an autographed picture of him next to my bed one time. Then they waited in my room just a giggling.

I took one look at it, then I looked at them and said, "Don't you be laughing. He's going to be your step-daddy one day!"
    Then they get the Most Electryfing move in Sports Entertainment!!!
    The People's Elbow and the Rock Bottom!!!

I did see him in person at a Monday Night Raw event on my 21st
    birthday in 2001.
    Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• "Finally, the Rock has come back to...Adina's House!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post

"Finally, the Rock has come back to...Adina's House!!!"
        Oh, Nick...I can smell what he's cooking from here!

I swear I really can!

Comment

• I tried to find a video of Wrestlemania 9 for you, when Lex Luger
          was coming down to the ring and there was a shot of me in the crowd!!!
          There was a couple other shots too but I couldn't find it on youtube.
          But oh well. Trust me, I'm in the crowd with longer hair and I was 13!!!
          I saw Lex as this gimmick

And this later on.

Comment

I tried to find a video of Wrestlemania 9 for you, when Lex Luger
            was coming down to the ring and there was a shot of me in the crowd!!!
            There was a couple other shots too but I couldn't find it on youtube.
            But oh well. Trust me, I'm in the crowd with longer hair and I was 13!!!
            I saw Lex as this gimmick

And this later on.
            Micah was a big wrestling fan before he made the swith to the UFC! I know all about Wrestlemania!!

Comment

• Do you know your roll, Adina? lol

Comment

Do you know your roll, Adina? lol
                Well, of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                  I had been reading MD for several months, when I heard there was going to be a bodybuilding show in my area.

Not a big show, but a show nonetheless.

I was beginning to learn the ropes by this time. Certainly, I knew who the big names of the sport were.

And this was Lee Haney’s show! Surely, I would get to see him?!

Three of my gym buddies decided to go with me.

The entire way to Shreveport, Louisiana, they kept reminding me, “Now, Adina. Don’t get your hopes up. You’re not going to meet anybody here. This is just a local show.”

They said Lee might not even be there.

Literally, I walked in expecting nothing…

...nothing but Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman, and Victor Martinez!

Yeah, they were all at my first show!

I still remember the look Vic gave me when I walked up to his table. I mean, I was smiling like an idiot! How could he not notice? He laughed at me right away, y’all!

I didn’t think much of it, because I wasn’t really expecting to see him again.

Until we ended up at the same restaurant after the show…

He asked me if I had enjoyed the show, and we chatted a few minutes. I thought it was charming that he remembered me from a sea of faces splashing over him all evening. I wasn’t going to go up to him, but he came over to me. (Probably to see if I was still smiling!)

Then a few weeks later, I’m at a contest in Dallas, Texas. The contest hotel had sold out, so I was in an overflow hotel. I walked into the lobby, and straight into Victor.

A few minutes later, I’m with my group at a restaurant and in walks Victor.

Then I’m sitting in the hot tub the next day, and around the corner comes….you guessed it…Victor.

By this point, I’m figuring I’m supposed to know him. So, we sit down to chat.

Three hours later, we’re still chatting.

We ended up exchanging numbers that day.

When my father died last summer, he was the first person to call. I sent a text, and in literally less than a minute, my phone was ringing. I could hear noise in the background and knew he had stopped dinner to call and check on me.

He listened to me cry and said some words to comfort me. Then he said, “I’ll call and check on your tomorrow.”

But the next day would be my day to check on him. When he didn’t call, I knew something wasn’t right.

And that was the day his sister went missing.

For the most part, we just check on each other here and there along the way. But if one of us were to need the other…

But he is what brought me here….to the website.

That day we were sitting in the hot tub…

I asked him if he posted on any of the websites. He told me only MD.

I told him how I like to write about weight loss and motivation, but I didn’t think I was suited for MD. He stopped me mid-sentence and said, “No. You should go there and write. People will read it. I know people will read it.”

And so, I did. Never letting on that he was what brought me here. Wanting my words to speak for me, and not his name.

Sometimes, the same things surface over and over again. When the thing is Victor, it’s easy to notice! How can you miss a 300 pound man?!

But sometimes you have to dig a little deeper and see why the same thing keeps surfacing….and take action on it.

I did, and that is why I’m here!

Miss Adina, Just when I think that I have read your most interesting most inspiring post you come up with a new one that tops the previous.

I am so glad that all of the things that conspired to bring you to MD worked and that you are here.

You are truely blessed and I draw upon your inspiration and positive personality daily.

I am always saying to someone "You know, there's this girl on my favorite bodybuilding website that says" and then draw from one of your clever stories or positive sayings that makes my day everytime I read it.

Thanks again for being you

Comment

• Originally posted by fresnomuscle View Post

Miss Adina, Just when I think that I have read your most interesting most inspiring post you come up with a new one that tops the previous.

I am so glad that all of the things that conspired to bring you to MD worked and that you are here.

You are truely blessed and I draw upon your inspiration and positive personality daily.

I am always saying to someone "You know, there's this girl on my favorite bodybuilding website that says" and then draw from one of your clever stories or positive sayings that makes my day everytime I read it.

Thanks again for being you
                    What a great start to my morning!

I love it when people tell me they use my words on others or forward my Blogs to friends later.

I just always figure that whatever I have been through, there is someone else who can benifit from it.

We are all in this together...all playing for the same team, whether we realize it or not.

Comment

• Morning, everybody!!!

I've got lots of stuff in the words today!

I'm taking my bff Kerry out for her 40th bday! I love her so much! There is nothing like a friend who has known you since you were a kid...and still likes you! Those are the very best!!!

I've also got a few MD projects going. Did a little transcription last night, working on some schdules and calendars today.

Oh, and I'm going to finish Gregg's book, so I can write a review on it!

It's going to be a great day!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• YOu have a nice saturday!!!

Comment

• I was listening to Sixspence None the Richer
                          and I thought of you!!!

Comment

• Nick! That is one of my very favorite songs! How did you know?!

Comment

• Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
                              R u serious? OMG...

10 days b4 mine...SWEET!
                              12 days after mine
                              Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Yeah you and Victor were defenitely meant to meet. Isn't that something awesome to ponder? How God works and his reasons behind what he does. Most times i dont realize things after a while, sometimes i never know why certain things happen or why i come acoss certain people.
                                Dream big and work hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X