This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nahh I don't feel haunted by chickens. I see a live chicken and I think
    of you and Jonah!!! I just took a few pics, my dad took the rest.
    There is a pond there with ducks and a replica of Independence Hall.

I tried to take a picture of a chicken right by the pond but that thing
    ran off somewhere. I didn't pick up the chickens though, only petted
    an old friend's dog. I was thinking in my mind, "I should kiss a chicken
    like Adina did!!!" But nah I didn't want to look weird in front of people.
    Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
      nahh I don't feel haunted by chickens. I see a live chicken and I think
      of you and Jonah!!! I just took a few pics, my dad took the rest.
      There is a pond there with ducks and a replica of Independence Hall.

I tried to take a picture of a chicken right by the pond but that thing
      ran off somewhere. I didn't pick up the chickens though, only petted
      an old friend's dog. I was thinking in my mind, "I should kiss a chicken
      like Adina did!!!" But nah I didn't want to look weird in front of people.
      We're up to six chickens and a duck now! And various cats, dogs, and other critters.

The nieghbors have some cows...I named on Victor and one Kai. There is a stray goat I named Bob.

I guess you should kiss the car, since that is your thing... I kiss the chickens...you kiss the cars!

Comment

• But the car doesn't give love back. I can turn it on and hug it, and once you bruise
        it, it is there for life unless you take it for comestic surgery!!! You can also hate your
        beater and kick it and it won't care!!! I will not kiss the tail pipes though, unless I'm
        away from Los Angeles and I miss the air there!!!

I miss getting lick kisses from my old dog though. I wonder how chickens kiss?
        small pecks to the cheeks?

Comment

But the car doesn't give love back. I can turn it on and hug it, and once you bruise
          it, it is there for life unless you take it for comestic surgery!!! You can also hate your
          beater and kick it and it won't care!!! I will not kiss the tail pipes though, unless I'm
          away from Los Angeles and I miss the air there!!!

I miss getting lick kisses from my old dog though. I wonder how chickens kiss?
          small pecks to the cheeks?
          Chickens don't kiss. They are from HELL.

They look all cute and all, but when they are grown...

You know that move on the Karate Kid when he hikes his one leg up? All grown chicken birds can do that. And they're not that big...but you do learn to run when they go all Cujo on you like that.

Comment

• ahhh yes the Crane Kick. I don't have balance like Daniel san or like a chicken uhhh
            flamingo. I'm flat footed

If you ever spend a week out in California and go to Disneyland, you would feel right
            at home in this area at Disneyland called Big Thunder Ranch. You wouldn't be home
            sick all that much lol or where I was at in the Knotts Berry Farm's parking lot.

Comment

• Oh yeah speaking about that blue paint job with the Mustang horse on it,
              wouldn't it be great if he had a chicken on it?!?!

Comment

• I haven't had a critter painted on my car, but I did have a few pigs squished on it....remember how I totaled my car hitting two pigs? If you weren't reading my Blog yet at the time, I did. Made my air bags pop out and everything!

Yes...I REALLY live in the country!

Comment

• I remember that...You did some quickie with an ex or something.
                  You gave it a quirkie name.

The wild animals I've seen were all in corralled up in very large pins.
                  (Where the elks, the cows, and whatever are freed to rome until the
                  farmers of Eastern Sierras do something with them.) And ummmm the
                  other animals I've seen were some of my friends in high school, and
                  my sister, some of her friends before she "EVOLVED" into a mature human!!!
                  Then the San Diego Wild Animal Park which I don't remember.

Comment

I remember that...You did some quickie with an ex or something.
                    You gave it a quirkie name.

The wild animals I've seen were all in corralled up in very large pins.
                    (Where the elks, the cows, and whatever are freed to rome until the
                    farmers of Eastern Sierras do something with them.) And ummmm the
                    other animals I've seen were some of my friends in high school, and
                    my sister, some of her friends before she "EVOLVED" into a mature human!!!
                    Then the San Diego Wild Animal Park which I don't remember.
                    Yeah....I called it an Oink Boink! You are GOOD for remembering that! I had forgotten all about that...and that ex!

Comment

• Finding a Hobby

When I first started my Blog, a few of my friends humored me and read it for a while.

Most thought it was something I would do for just a short time before moving on to the next thing.

But most didn’t understand the passion I developed for this site and for what I do here.

But there is one who does…kind of!

She knows that my journey started in a bookstore, reading muscle mags. And that somewhere along the way, my hobby turned into pastime, which turned into a passion.

But what perplexes her is the fact that she cannot find her niche the way I did.

She’s depressed, like I was when the journey began. So, she wants to find her hobby. The thing she can devote herself to and pull herself out of the funk she is in.

One day, when we were talking, I said, “Do what I did. Go to the bookstore. Just go from shelf to shelf. There are books on everything. Something there is bound to catch your eye.”

And here’s what she said in return, “Can you do it?”

“What do you mean? Can I go to the bookstore with you?”

“No. I want you to find my hobby.”

Now, I wasn’t real thrilled about the idea of finding someone else’s hobby, but I thought I could throw out a list of things for her. So, I started listing.

“Painting?”

“No.”

“Scrapbooking?”

“Not likely.”

“Cooking.”

“Don’t want to gain weight. Can’t you just go to the bookstore for me, and find one for me, the way you found yours?”

“You’re missing the point. Half the fun was going to the store. It filled my empty time and exposed me to new things.”

“I don’t want to do that. I’m not like you.”

I didn’t go to the bookstore specifically for her, but I did try to see it through her eyes the next time I was there. I made mental note of what I thought she might like.

I came back with a list of things, which she shot down, one by one by one.

It’s not just me she’s got working on her hobby. It’s many people. Many, many people.

And she will never find it.

No one would have ever gone to the bookstore and picked up a copy of MD for me. While it was there all along, it was up to me to find it.

And if I were still waiting on somebody else to find what fills my time and makes me happy….I’d still be waiting.

Comment

• good one sister!! Miss you!!!
                        The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

• Hobbies: Well for one it probably be watching the joy of Jonah and his chickens
                          well maybe not. AS for cooking, you don't have to gain weight and enjoy cooking
                          unless you're way to damn good of a cook. Cheif Adina.

Jonah commented on one of my pictures...
                          He said: "That's my chicken"

Comment

• Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
                            good one sister!! Miss you!!!
                            Miss you too!

And I've been keeping up with the Seth stuff on your facebook the last few days...I just wanted you to know that.

Comment

Hobbies: Well for one it probably be watching the joy of Jonah and his chickens
                              well maybe not. AS for cooking, you don't have to gain weight and enjoy cooking
                              unless you're way to damn good of a cook. Cheif Adina.

Jonah commented on one of my pictures...
                              He said: "That's my chicken"
                              I was watching over his shoulder when he did that!

He wanted to know who, besides him, had chicken pictures!

Comment

• hobbies: inveterate pro wrestling junkie, lifting.

I love cooking and if you know what you're doing you can keep from gaining weight. I am actually gonna find a Thai cookbook to make more fish recipes.
                                Training Log:

Comment

Working...
                                X