This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
    I was watching over his shoulder when he did that!

He wanted to know who, besides him, had chicken pictures!
    Look at what you done, everyone is going chicken wild.
    Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
      hobbies: inveterate pro wrestling junkie, lifting.

I love cooking and if you know what you're doing you can keep from gaining weight. I am actually gonna find a Thai cookbook to make more fish recipes.
      I have never tried Thai food...I know I would like it. We just don't have it here in East Texas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
        Look at what you done, everyone is going chicken wild.
        Blame it on the.....

Comment

• smoking chickens or hot chicks?

Comment

• Just plain chikens. The kind you make chicken salad out of or fry!

Comment

• *logs on to Facebook and tells Jonah what his mom said about chickens*

LOL

nah i wouldn't do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                *logs on to Facebook and tells Jonah what his mom said about chickens*

LOL

nah i wouldn't do that.
                It's OK if you do. Trust me. He's 13. He's already mortified by me on a daily basis!

Comment

• And I just thought I'd throw a reminder out there that MD Radio starts in just a few minutes.

Listen to Shawn live right here:

http://www.voiceamerica.com/voiceame....aspx?sid=1492

Comment

• We are all dedicated to something...

One of the things that caught my attention in a video interview Shawn did with Kevin Levrone was something Kevin said about Ronnie.

Shawn had asked him, “…was it true that you told Ronnie at one time, Hey, man why are you over here competing and spending your money? What are you doing this bodybuilding stuff for? I mean, did you say that to him?”

To which Kevin replied, “…he came out on the pro scene, and he just got beat and beat and beat. He was coming dead last for like, like, three or four years. Five/four years straight. And uh, he would sit, and take his train rides, uhm, from city to city because he couldn’t afford to, to buy a plane ticket to go like from Spain to like Germany. So Ronnie and Vickie. They would just, you know, take train rides, because he had to pay his own way. And after a while, looking at him, like, an, you’re getting dead last, and when you get dead last on the European shows, that mean you really suck. So he was getting dead last and then paying them. So it was like, why are you doing this? Why are you paying your way for this, man? I mean, it’s like, after three or four years of getting beat up like this, I just wouldn’t do it. Why do you keep doing it?”

And of course, we all know that it was good that he kept doing it!

But I think sometimes, we forget that people who achieved great things did so through great sacrifice and great risk.

Greatness doesn’t just happen.

Certainly, Ronnie risked his own money and sacrificed his time.

Yet many like to think that he went straight from winning the first contest he ever entered right on in to smooth sailing.

But there were years of hard work and sacrifice in between.

I can’t tell you how many people ask me to make them a diet or exercise plan because they don’t have the time.

They are only willing to sacrifice my time and risk me not coming through for them!

And I had someone tell me not so long ago that I just liked going to the gym and dieting more than they do.

Do I?

While I did learn to love the gym, I would pretty much enjoy a cheat meal at any given moment!

But sacrificing the cheats help me stay at goal, and dedicating myself to not cheating makes it easier to stay on plan.

People look for quick fixes and ways around risk and sacrifice.

I have friends who started dieting the same time I did, but never could find the plan that worked for them.

Or maybe, they’re sacrificing hard work and not willing to risk the fear of failure?

Sacrificing reaching a goal, dedicated to the continual search of what it right there in front of them. Not willing to take risk. Any risk at all.

Whether we realize it or not, we are all dedicated to something, and we made sacrifices to get here.

Hopefully, we made the right choices and found what was worth the risk.

Comment

One of the things that caught my attention in a video interview Shawn did with Kevin Levrone was something Kevin said about Ronnie.

Shawn had asked him, “…was it true that you told Ronnie at one time, Hey, man why are you over here competing and spending your money? What are you doing this bodybuilding stuff for? I mean, did you say that to him?”

To which Kevin replied, “…he came out on the pro scene, and he just got beat and beat and beat. He was coming dead last for like, like, three or four years. Five/four years straight. And uh, he would sit, and take his train rides, uhm, from city to city because he couldn’t afford to, to buy a plane ticket to go like from Spain to like Germany. So Ronnie and Vickie. They would just, you know, take train rides, because he had to pay his own way. And after a while, looking at him, like, an, you’re getting dead last, and when you get dead last on the European shows, that mean you really suck. So he was getting dead last and then paying them. So it was like, why are you doing this? Why are you paying your way for this, man? I mean, it’s like, after three or four years of getting beat up like this, I just wouldn’t do it. Why do you keep doing it?”

And of course, we all know that it was good that he kept doing it!

But I think sometimes, we forget that people who achieved great things did so through great sacrifice and great risk.

Greatness doesn’t just happen.

Certainly, Ronnie risked his own money and sacrificed his time.

Yet many like to think that he went straight from winning the first contest he ever entered right on in to smooth sailing.

But there were years of hard work and sacrifice in between.

I can’t tell you how many people ask me to make them a diet or exercise plan because they don’t have the time.

They are only willing to sacrifice my time and risk me not coming through for them!

And I had someone tell me not so long ago that I just liked going to the gym and dieting more than they do.

Do I?

While I did learn to love the gym, I would pretty much enjoy a cheat meal at any given moment!

But sacrificing the cheats help me stay at goal, and dedicating myself to not cheating makes it easier to stay on plan.

People look for quick fixes and ways around risk and sacrifice.

I have friends who started dieting the same time I did, but never could find the plan that worked for them.

Or maybe, they’re sacrificing hard work and not willing to risk the fear of failure?

Sacrificing reaching a goal, dedicated to the continual search of what it right there in front of them. Not willing to take risk. Any risk at all.

Whether we realize it or not, we are all dedicated to something, and we made sacrifices to get here.

Hopefully, we made the right choices and found what was worth the risk.
                      Awesome post DD! I never knew that of Ronnie. I guess because I don't love him as much as I love Victor LOL but wow that is just so inspiring!

Greatness doesn’t just happen. - You are so right!
                      "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                        Awesome post DD! I never knew that of Ronnie. I guess because I don't love him as much as I love Victor LOL but wow that is just so inspiring!

Greatness doesn’t just happen. - You are so right!
                        Thanks, girlfriend!

Those quotes were from an Interview of Kevin Levore. I thought it was the best interview I've seen Shawn do.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=85988

And I'm like you...I never knew that about Ronnie. I didn't know he struggled like that.

Comment

Thanks, girlfriend!

Those quotes were from an Interview of Kevin Levore. I thought it was the best interview I've seen Shawn do.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=85988

And I'm like you...I never knew that about Ronnie. I didn't know he struggled like that.
                          I quoted you on facebook

I have to check that interview out!
                          "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                            I quoted you on facebook

I have to check that interview out!
                            That makes my day!

Comment

• Hey Adina congratulations, ya got over 80,000 views!

from a page ago, you had an Oink Boink or you Boiked an Oink??? lol

I like the last blog about persistence! I think Ronnie really loved bodybuilding and of course believed in himself. But it was his passion for his hobby that made him endure the dissapointments, then hit his stride and the Ronnie Train didnt slow down till 2007.
                              Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
                                Hey Adina congratulations, ya got over 80,000 views!

from a page ago, you had an Oink Boink or you Boiked an Oink??? lol

I like the last blog about persistence! I think Ronnie really loved bodybuilding and of course believed in himself. But it was his passion for his hobby that made him endure the dissapointments, then hit his stride and the Ronnie Train didnt slow down till 2007.
                                It's hard for me to believe it's had that many views! It amazes me! When it hits 100,000....I just don't think I'll be able to stand it!! I'm really looking forward to that number for some reason.

The Oink Boink....I MIGHT have totaled my car hitting two pigs on the way back from a booty call...MIGHT have. Don't really remember!

Anyway...I referred to it as an Oink Boink after that!

You can use that phrase if you want. I'll share it with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X