Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FitAdina's Blog Spot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I do like that.

    Not so very long ago, a good friend of mine told me I had to start learning to set boundaries.

    This was never something I was good at.

    He told me this when my two best friends just really dumped on me at my birthday.

    I remember him saying, “They probably don’t even realize you’re upset. You’re sweet and wonderful and always put yourself last. You’ve got to set boundaries with them.”

    Then I found myself just a few short months ago learning to set boundaries with him.

    Man, talk about full circle!

    For all intents and purposes, he was the one person I thought I would never have to set boundaries with. Not ever!

    Let me say it again! Not….ever!

    And like with my two best friends, setting boundaries didn’t seem to work. It changed our dynamics to the point we went our separate ways.

    And I was just confused.

    But I forged ahead.

    Because at some point, you have to surround yourself with people whom you don’t have to work so hard to please all the time. Even a hamster has to get off that wheel and take a break sometimes!

    With my two best friends, things were smooth as long as I never made any of the decisions. Never chose where we ate, whom we met, or what we did.

    And when I set my foot down, they went away.

    And then I realized the very one who taught me to set those boundaries had done the same thing to me.

    I slowly began to realize that I had to work too hard in the relationship.

    And like he taught me, I set boundaries. Boundaries he did not like.

    But I cannot help that, and again, I forged ahead.

    So in the last year I lost my father to death, and the three most important men in my life due to…. boundary issues. Meaning, I set boundaries, and they didn’t like them.

    Yet, when I sat down to write my Blog last night, I was almost too happy to write!

    Because while those boundaries I put in place for the three kept them out, it allowed other people, places, and events to come in.

    When I stopped spending so much time with my two best friends, I found more time to write and go to shows.

    And that makes me happy.

    And when the one man did not like my boundaries, I was free to spend more time with my best girlfriend of all time! She has been my friend since we were in junior high, and I love her so much!

    And she makes me happy.

    A few days ago, I was talking to someone on the phone. He was telling me something he wanted us to do, and then he stopped short and said, “If you like that. Do you like that?”

    I paused for the longest time.

    I felt like I had really come full circle this time. That other moment must have been a semicircle!

    Those boundaries I set…

    I didn’t think they worked at the time, but they did. They didn’t work on the people or at the times I thought they would, but they did work.

    So I told him, “Yes. I do like that.”

    Because I do!

    And what I like is important. I just had to learn to surround myself with people who know that.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      I have never tried Thai food...I know I would like it. We just don't have it here in East Texas!
      i will find a recipe for chicken or red meat and post it on here. promise you'll try it?
      Training Log:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
        i will find a recipe for chicken or red meat and post it on here. promise you'll try it?
        I'm game...bring it on!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
          I'm game...bring it on!
          http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Thai-Chicken/Detail.aspx

          http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Thai-Ca...en/Detail.aspx

          pick one.
          Training Log:

          Comment


          • I'm going to have to wait for a cheat day for those!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
              I'm going to have to wait for a cheat day for those!
              hmmmm..... let me keep looking. is curry ok?

              http://importfood.com/recipes/kaengkuagaicurry.html
              Training Log:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
                hmmmm..... let me keep looking. is curry ok?

                http://importfood.com/recipes/kaengkuagaicurry.html
                I eat clean, so I would have to save stuff like that for a cheat day. Just the calories from the Coconut Cream powder make it a no go for me!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                  I eat clean, so I would have to save stuff like that for a cheat day. Just the calories from the Coconut Cream powder make it a no go for me!
                  hmmm........ do you like spicy? I will not rest until i find a recipe that you can have (even on a cheat day.)

                  http://importfood.com/recipes/chickenlemongrass.html. how about this?
                  Training Log:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
                    hmmm........ do you like spicy? I will not rest until i find a recipe that you can have (even on a cheat day.)

                    http://importfood.com/recipes/chickenlemongrass.html. how about this?
                    I have as asbestos tongue! I eat hot peppers on everything!

                    Those recipes just have too much fat and calories for me. Coconut is good and good for you, but the amount in that recipe was way too much. Same with the cashews.

                    You may have your work cut out. I eat very, very clean!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                      I have as asbestos tongue! I eat hot peppers on everything!

                      Those recipes just have too much fat and calories for me. Coconut is good and good for you, but the amount in that recipe was way too much. Same with the cashews.

                      You may have your work cut out. I eat very, very clean!
                      i'm gonna keep looking.

                      http://importfood.com/recipes/volcanochicken.html

                      http://importfood.com/recipes/thaipeppersteak.html
                      Training Log:

                      Comment


                      • Those would still be relegated to cheat foods with the alcohol, oils, and sugars in them.

                        I'm telling you, I don't put much more than just spices in my food.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                          Those would still be relegated to cheat foods with the alcohol, oils, and sugars in them.

                          I'm telling you, I don't put much more than just spices in my food.
                          http://importfood.com/recipes/waterfallbeef.html
                          Last edited by Nighthawk; April 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM.
                          Training Log:

                          Comment


                          • TAKS testing so I am behind on reading but will print the past few days and come back w/ some thoughts.
                            JOIN my health transformation challenge
                            www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

                            Comment


                            • And thanx, Adina, for letting me keep trying. I have learned how to set boundaries. i lost a lot of friends along the way.
                              Training Log:

                              Comment


                              • Good blog sissy
                                "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X