X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
    *looks around*

this is why you are awesome. me i am still at the "I'm learning to enjoy grilled salmon, salads, veggies, and other things I eat instead of pizza" stage.
    One day you'll turn the corner and realize you love eating the way you do. Literally, you'll look at those recipes and see the sugars, fats, and oils and think....no way!

It is such a great feeling when you get there.

Comment

• Found it! BUMP for Drexel! It was from August of '08!

Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      I have come to the realization that those of us who try our hardest to be healthy and fit have something the general public does not: mystery minutes.

You see, people approach me all the time for help. But when I tell them what I do, I am often told: “I don’t have time to do what you do.”

Maybe, just maybe, they haven’t tapped into their mystery minutes?

Maybe they have not unlocked the power of the unused minutes in their own day?

Maybe they don’t know that sometimes you CREATE minutes by getting up at the butt crack of dawn? Or that you can use minutes in double time? I can watch TV and pack my cooler at the same time, y’all. That doubles my minutes!

I also use my lunch hour. I don’t need an hour to eat. More mystery minutes.

I am known for jogging around football and soccer fields while my kids are practicing. While others are holding their seats down to keep them from floating away, I created more mystery minutes!

I have literally jogged up to other parents telling me they just can’t seem to find the time to exercise. They killed hours just sitting in their car…waiting. Those were their mystery minutes. And they expired. They’re not rollover minutes, they’re MYSTERY MINUTES. And there is a difference.

I keep just enough dumbbells at home to be able to do biceps or triceps while packing my cooler and watching TV. That makes TRIPLE minutes y’all!

Time is not the factor here. We all have the same allotted minutes in our day. Some of us choose to use them to stay fit and healthy and some of us do not.

When you look at someone who looks the way you want to look, do not kid yourself. They do not have an easier life or more time than you do. They don’t. They just make sacrifices and better use of the same 24 hours we are all given.

But the next time someone asks for my help and tells me they don’t have time, I know exactly what I’m going to say…

“I know you don’t. Very few of us choose to harness the power of the mystery minutes.”

And then I’ll walk on. I could stand there and listen to them tell me why they don’t have time to exercise or pack a cooler, but my mystery minutes are ticking away.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock

Comment

• Ok...Imma print that one...Thx Adina.

But here is the link to my friend's blog:
        http://www.clarkbartram.com/blogs/20...u-make-it.html
        JOIN my health transformation challenge
        www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

• Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
          Ok...Imma print that one...Thx Adina.

But here is the link to my friend's blog:
          http://www.clarkbartram.com/blogs/20...u-make-it.html
          I'm on the same page with her. I love it how she said, "You have time for ANYTHING THAT YOU TRULY WANT TO DO AND MAKE HAPPEN."

That is exactly why/how I get up at 4:00AM for cardio.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
            If it weren't for wireless, I'd still be on dial up! Nothing else has made it to town!
            If it wasn't for my mom and I bugging my dad to get DSL (more like
            DSHell) we would still be on dial up. We got the slowest DSL bandwidth
            in this area cause we're far away from the substation.

-And my dad still lives in the late 20th century! (ummm our family still
            lives in the 20th century)
            - we have no cable/satellite and I sometimes still use the VCR to record
            stuff off the TV! No DVR for us.
            - And my dad doesn't know how to use the cell phone or turn it on.
            - He has a pager (work related though cause some areas at his place
            doesn't allow phones)
            -We still use bunny ear atennas for TV reception!!!
            -We use windows for AC and or fans. (Wait we live by the beach and
            when the ocean breeze comes through)

so could you beat that?
            In our house we still use wired routers to get access to the net.
            We're not totally behind technology though.
            Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
              If it wasn't for my mom and I bugging my dad to get DSL (more like
              DSHell) we would still be on dial up. We got the slowest DSL bandwidth
              in this area cause we're far away from the substation.

-And my dad still lives in the late 20th century! (ummm our family still
              lives in the 20th century)
              - we have no cable/satellite and I sometimes still use the VCR to record
              stuff off the TV! No DVR for us.
              - And my dad doesn't know how to use the cell phone or turn it on.
              - He has a pager (work related though cause some areas at his place
              doesn't allow phones)
              -We still use bunny ear atennas for TV reception!!!
              -We use windows for AC and or fans. (Wait we live by the beach and
              when the ocean breeze comes through)

so could you beat that?
              In our house we still use wired routers to get access to the net.
              We're not totally behind technology though.
              I live in a small East Texas town. Population 6,664. On breezy summer evenings, I can sit outside and hear banjos and pigs squealing in the background.

Somehow, on some level, I have to have you beat.

Comment

• Yall are some coutry folks. do yall have paved roads or just dirt? Yall holler cross the field when someone get a message from the town phone? Just as long as yall dont eat people that are just passing through.

Ha, i got AC but electricity is so high last summer i slept with 2 fans on me. saved over a hundred bucks a month.
                Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
                  Yall are some coutry folks. do yall have paved roads or just dirt? Yall holler cross the field when someone get a message from the town phone? Just as long as yall dont eat people that are just passing through.

Ha, i got AC but electricity is so high last summer i slept with 2 fans on me. saved over a hundred bucks a month.
                  We're about half and have with the paved roads! We have a LOT of dirt roads, being such a rural area! I live on a tar road, because I'm out of the city limits!

We're kind to people who pass through, as long as they don't stay too long. We don't cotton much to newcomers!

Comment

One day you'll turn the corner and realize you love eating the way you do. Literally, you'll look at those recipes and see the sugars, fats, and oils and think....no way!

It is such a great feeling when you get there.
                    i mean like when I eat the grilled salmon i still marinade it. but i do more rubs now.

and thank you Adina.
                    Training Log:

Comment

i mean like when I eat the grilled salmon i still marinade it. but i do more rubs now.

and thank you Adina.
                      I think I skipped the marinade question!

I use more dry rubs than marinades. A "real" marinade has seasoings, an acid, and an oil. I'm rarely willing to go for the oil!

Yeah, I'm that picky!

Comment

I think I skipped the marinade question!

I use more dry rubs than marinades. A "real" marinade has seasoings, an acid, and an oil. I'm rarely willing to go for the oil!

Yeah, I'm that picky!
                        the last one i did was orange juice, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, and a dash of fresh basil. it was good.
                        Training Log:

Comment

the last one i did was orange juice, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, and a dash of fresh basil. it was good.
                          That does sound good! I'm guessing you put it on the salmon?

Comment

That does sound good! I'm guessing you put it on the salmon?
                            yes i did. then used the extra for a glaze with a little bit of chili powder
                            Training Log:

Comment

• Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks, I wonder what your boys are
                              getting you. I want some glues/ideas so I can probably do the same!
                              Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

yes i did. then used the extra for a glaze with a little bit of chili powder
                                Yum!

Comment

Working...
                                X