X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
    Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks, I wonder what your boys are
    getting you. I want some glues/ideas so I can probably do the same!
    We just always go eat pizza for that day. That's our thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      Yum!
      i taught myself how to cook fish. that way, i wouldn't have to rely on thick creamy sauces or fried fish ever. I can throw together a pretty good rub in an hour.
      Training Log:

Comment

We're about half and have with the paved roads! We have a LOT of dirt roads, being such a rural area! I live on a tar road, because I'm out of the city limits!

We're kind to people who pass through, as long as they don't stay too long. We don't cotton much to newcomers!
        I bet you use the heck out of the word Yonder.
        Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
          i taught myself how to cook fish. that way, i wouldn't have to rely on thick creamy sauces or fried fish ever. I can throw together a pretty good rub in an hour.
          I can cook anything. I'm from the south, so it's a requirement, of course!

But...I have become very dull in my cooking. I pretty much just cook a whole lof of chicken on Sunday to last the week!

Comment

I can cook anything. I'm from the south, so it's a requirement, of course!

But...I have become very dull in my cooking. I pretty much just cook a whole lof of chicken on Sunday to last the week!
            i do the same with fish. every couple of weeks I go to the costco and grill a whole bunch of fish
            Training Log:

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
              I bet you use the heck out of the word Yonder.
              Yes! Of course, I do!

Usually as the object of the preposition. The two most-used prepositional phrases being up yonder and over yonder.

My favorite sounthern word to use is reckcon. Love that word and the look it brings when I use it up north.

But even with all my southern words, people are still surprised when they meet me that I have an accent!

Butch Peterson made fun of me in Ohio and said I was making it worse on purpose! He'll pay for that one day!

Comment

i do the same with fish. every couple of weeks I go to the costco and grill a whole bunch of fish
                I want to learn to blacken me some Tilapia. I had that the other day and it was GOOD!

Comment

• Because he does.

I had a good talk with a friend yesterday. One of those talks where you get things out, say what you need to say, fuss at each other a bit, but still end it with an I love you!

I’m always amazed at how my friend will let me rant and rant and rant, yet he still loves me!

To make it worse, I’m usually fussing at something he didn’t do to suit me.

Didn’t E-mail enough here or say the right thing there….

Yesterday, as I was getting through fussing, he beat me to the punch with, “Do you still love me? I love you too!!!”

And I laughed, because I do.

And then I remembered something…

There was a ten year stretch in there when I didn’t see my mom. As things were starting to come back together at Christmas time, but not firmly back, I had already made plans to spend the day with my friend’s family.

They took me in on holidays when I had nowhere to go, which was many, many years.

I was pouting by the time I got there, because I knew I had to go over to my mom’s at some point that day. The impending awkwardness was overwhelming me, and I was….well….

OK, just like I did with my friend yesterday, I was pouting.

There. I said it. I’m not perky all the time….just 99.9%!

Ms. Tommie asked me what was wrong, so I told her about having to go see my mom later in the day.

“Why is that a big deal?”

“Because I haven’t seen her on an actual holiday in over a decade. So, I don’t think I’m going to go.”

“Yes, you are, young lady.”

Oh, y’all. When she called me young lady, I always knew I was in trouble!

“Why? Why do I have to go?”

I said have, because I knew she would make me, and I was scared of her! Plus, I didn’t want to have to leave before I had my pie! She was a stellar cook, and I was still a pie-eater at the time in my life!

But what she said next was a lesson I learned and took with me…

“Because you’re going to let her love you the only way she knows how. It may not be the way you want or what you need, but it’s all she has, and you’re going to let her.”

And I did.

And of course, I don’t regret it.

I mean, how many times in life do you regret mending a fence?

So I thought about the words exchanged between me and my friend.

We were E-mailing, so I went back and read them again.

And again.

I read them that last time with eyes that understood just because he doesn’t love me the way that I want, doesn’t mean he doesn’t love me with all that he has.

Because he does.

I can look back through the years and see that by the friendship he has given me. The hours of advice. The shoulder to cry on. The one who cares at all time if I am OK.

But there are things about him that make him not as open and able to show love the way that I do. And I know this.

So when people cross my path today, I will try my best to remember that some really are giving all that they can at that moment, whether I see it or not.

Comment

I want to learn to blacken me some Tilapia. I had that the other day and it was GOOD!
                    i would say that does sound good.
                    Training Log:

Comment

i would say that does sound good.
                      Yeah. It's such a mild fish that you could only taste the spices, and I love spices.

Comment

Yeah. It's such a mild fish that you could only taste the spices, and I love spices.
                        \

next time I go to Costco..... I'm picking up some tilapia.
                        Training Log:

Comment

• Awesome Blog DD!!

That makes sense! I never thought of it that way... Everyone has a different way of showing you they love you! Here I am, expecting everyone to love the way I love!!

Awesome blog for an awesome day! Love you!
                          "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

\

next time I go to Costco..... I'm picking up some tilapia.
                            Well, you'll have to let me know what wonderful things you do with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                              Awesome Blog DD!!

That makes sense! I never thought of it that way... Everyone has a different way of showing you they love you! Here I am, expecting everyone to love the way I love!!

Awesome blog for an awesome day! Love you!
                              Love you too!

You and I love big! We aren't afraid of letting the people around us know that we love them.

Some people just can't do that.

Comment

Love you too!

You and I love big! We aren't afraid of letting the people around us know that we love them.

Some people just can't do that.
                                I know!! And I am the type that I get upset when they don't show they love the way I do! But you brought up a good point that made sense to me in your blog thanks for that
                                "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

Working...
                                X