Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Adina likes that freak muscle not the beach muscle. I am a more aesthetic sous chef when 300lb. Victor is getting close to competition and needs to stay away form all the southern cobbler our southern bell makes.

I can also translate for your spanish speakin audience.lol!

Adina- a spastic cook show host would get lots of viewers. They'd be sayin, "That Adina sure is a clutz but she sure can cook!"
    Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• and I can be the band leader and the man in charge of fish cooking.
      Training Log:

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
        Ohhhhh....cause I can already smell what the Rock is cooking anyway....yes. Let's choose him!
        hahaha.

Your future Husband is probably a great Chef.
        Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
          Yeah Adina likes that freak muscle not the beach muscle. I am a more aesthetic sous chef when 300lb. Victor is getting close to competition and needs to stay away form all the southern cobbler our southern bell makes.

Adina- a spastic cook show host would get lots of viewers. They'd be sayin, "That Adina sure is a clutz but she sure can cook!"
          LOL
          When I was taking Foods in high school, we were watching some
          Julia Childs videos and she was a clutz at certain point. Probably
          Great Chefs are also Great Clutz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
            Yeah Adina likes that freak muscle not the beach muscle. I am a more aesthetic sous chef when 300lb. Victor is getting close to competition and needs to stay away form all the southern cobbler our southern bell makes.

Intelligence trumps freaky muscle though, believe it or not!

I do make some really good cobbler! You're right on that. And I can chicken fry almost anything!

But see....I don't think the cooking would even get done. I'm a story teller. I'd be having to stop and tell stories all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
              and I can be the band leader and the man in charge of fish cooking.
              Yeah, you'll have to be that. My fish cooking is like this, "OK, guys. Now we're going to take the can opener thingy and open the tuna."

Every once in a while we might open some salmon too, though. Sometimes I branch out.

Oh, and sometimes I get those packets. I love me some Hickory Smoked Tuna that comes in those blue bags from Starkist!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                hahaha.

Your future Husband is probably a great Chef.
                That would be great if he was hot, smart, AND could cook.

I would like him to wear his posing trunks while he cooked for me. In season, of course. In the off season, he saw wear sweats.

Comment

Yeah, you'll have to be that. My fish cooking is like this, "OK, guys. Now we're going to take the can opener thingy and open the tuna."

Every once in a while we might open some salmon too, though. Sometimes I branch out.

Oh, and sometimes I get those packets. I love me some Hickory Smoked Tuna that comes in those blue bags from Starkist!
                  yeah i'll jump over the table and do the fish.
                  Training Log:

Comment

That would be great if he was hot, smart, AND could cook.

I would like him to wear his posing trunks while he cooked for me. In season, of course. In the off season, he saw wear sweats.
                    Oh I was talking about the Rock. He doesn't wear posing suit, though
                    he will wear his tights for ya.
                    "Do you smelllllll....What the Rock is Cooking?"

Comment

yeah i'll jump over the table and do the fish.
                      OK....you can cook, and I'll just be talking with the Rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                        Oh I was talking about the Rock. He doesn't wear posing suit, though
                        he will wear his tights for ya.
                        "Do you smelllllll....What the Rock is Cooking?"
                        Surely for me he'd wear one?!

Comment

• MOM!

Jonah and I barely see eye to eye on things.

I don’t mean we argue; I mean we have different tastes altogether.

If there are two colors to choose from, we will choose differently. Two flavors, same thing.

In school, English was my forte, and I bombed at math. He is the polar opposite. He’s already better at math than I have ever been.

We were laughing about it on the way to school yesterday, and he was wondering why we are so different.

I wanted to say, “Because you are just like your daddy, son.” But I took the high road!

And that high road led me to say, “Because two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different. Some people can see beauty where others see nothing.”

And then I reminded him of something he told me when he was a little bity boy…

I was about 240 pounds at the time. It was August, and 104 degrees outside, literally! I had just gotten back in from jogging, and I had not taken off my make-up before the run.

So in I walked through the door: a 240 pound woman, sweating like a whore on dollar day, with make-up running down my cheeks.

Perky Adina had not been born of the ashes yet, so I was failing to recognize the significance of being that heavy and jogging two miles.

All I saw was a woman, who although trying, had a lot of weight left to lose.

So I plopped down in despair, which was really exhaustion. Because again, 240 pound woman running in the Texas heat! Come on, man! I needed to give myself a break!

I saw Jonah starring at me intently from across the room. He was about five at the time.

I mean he was really staring at me!

I was bracing myself for him to come make fun of the make-up streaming down my face. Mentally reminding myself not to be harsh through my exhaustion.

When he got to me, he put one hand on my sweaty cheek and said, “Mama?”

“Yes, son?”

“I’m glad God made you so pretty.”

Not the words I was expecting to hear.

He moved his sweet little hand and walked back over to the couch.

And before he went back to what he had been doing, he said, “I’m glad God made you so pretty.”

He thought I was sweating, but y’all know I was crying.

Jonah laughed when I told him. He had no recollection of that memory stuck in my brain and in my heart.

I could tell he was thinking about it.

“Why do you think I said that?”

“You know son, I don’t know. I just know that some people can see the beauty in everything. Maybe you could see I needed it, or maybe you could see how hard I was trying, or maybe it was the guilt for me breast feeding you and giving up those six months of my life to be constantly by your side.”

“MOM! You know I hate it when you do that!”

“I know.”

But it was getting deep, and he had a test to take that morning!

But really, there was no answer to his question other than beauty can be found anywhere. Sometimes you have to look past a little blood, sweat, and tears, but it’s there. It’s always there.

And of course, whether or not we choose to comment on it is up to us.

Comment

• Del Toro - where are you? I just need you to know my lats are coming in! I have little tiny, baby lat ball things!

Comment

OK....you can cook, and I'll just be talking with the Rock!
                              I'd have a big bullhorn so that Adina could get back to the show. We'd call it the Rock Alert.

And I'm proud of you and your lats coming in.
                              Training Log:

Comment

I'd have a big bullhorn so that Adina could get back to the show. We'd call it the Rock Alert.

And I'm proud of you and your lats coming in.
                                Many have tried to keep me on track....many have failed.

I'm telling you, I spaz out easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X