X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
    You're perky everyday and every moment. Well I don't know that for sure
    because I've never spent the whole day with you.
    I don't know why, but that made me laugh!

I am perky 95% of the time. Things can and do knock me down, but not for long.

Every time I am down, I tell myself....whoever or whatever does not have permission to hold me down, and right now, I am letting them.

But really...unless it's death or a truly tragic situation, if we are down and stay that way, it's a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
      That video made me laugh first time i saw it. and the second.
      Did you see how many views it got? It must have made a whole lot of people laugh!

I am always fascinated to see what videos go viral. Sometimes it's the silliest things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
        I will do that. the next time you make Fried Chicken I will sing.
        I'm in the mood for Singin' in the Rain.

I sing stuff like that when I cook, shower, walk, and breathe!

Comment

• Happy Saturday, everyone!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yes it is a happy saturday. I just got finished with one of my spanish finals! got one more tough one to go then i get my saturdays back!

I was also informed of some pretty exciting news. My Brit Lit professor from a year ago told me a couple days ago that she submitted my paper in a contest the English department was having and it won first place! I am stoked! I have never recieved an award for writing before. awards ceremony next week. I got to buy some new britches.
            Dream big and work hard!

Comment

Yes it is a happy saturday. I just got finished with one of my spanish finals! got one more tough one to go then i get my saturdays back!

I was also informed of some pretty exciting news. My Brit Lit professor from a year ago told me a couple days ago that she submitted my paper in a contest the English department was having and it won first place! I am stoked! I have never recieved an award for writing before. awards ceremony next week. I got to buy some new britches.
              I want to see the paper!!!

I'm all about the writing!

Comment

• Me too! I dont even know which one it was.

You better not compare me with pulitzer winning people tho! lol
                Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Whenever I listen to this song, it reminds me of you and your father.

Well you know it is really about the singer's [tom delonge] life in a nutshell.
                  But it reminded me of you and your blogs about your father.
                  I've been meaning to put this up for ya.
                  Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

Me too! I dont even know which one it was.

You better not compare me with pulitzer winning people tho! lol
                    I compare anything about writing to....me!!!!

For real! I just find myself thing would I have said it this way or that? Did he soar about me? Did he make me think...laugh....cry....

Comment

• 255 pounds was a myth, Adina. I am sorry to say it but apparently my scale is broken.
                      Training Log:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                        Whenever I listen to this song, it reminds me of you and your father.

Well you know it is really about the singer's [tom delonge] life in a nutshell.
                        But it reminded me of you and your blogs about your father.
                        I've been meaning to put this up for ya.
                        Thanks for leaving that here....

He was 16 and I was nine when our dad's left. I'm not sure how old he is now, but one day, if he is like me, he will look back and marvel about the impact someone you never really knew had on his life.

It took me a full two years plus a few months to realize he really wasn't coming back.

Then now, it's almost been a year since he died. It took me about nine months to accept I really didn't ever get to see him, even once more, and ask him why.

But, it's like Victor told me...I would have had questions, and it would not have felt right to ask him as he lay dying....so it was better that way.

Comment

255 pounds was a myth, Adina. I am sorry to say it but apparently my scale is broken.
                          Well...that just means time for a new scale and gives you a precursor to how you're going to feel when it is 255!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                            Well...that just means time for a new scale and gives you a precursor to how you're going to feel when it is 255!
                            Thank you Adina. you and your relentless positivity just put a smile on my face. I have to go out and get a new scale tomorrow.
                            Training Log:

Comment

Thank you Adina. you and your relentless positivity just put a smile on my face. I have to go out and get a new scale tomorrow.
                              I have never looked back at a situation and wished I had been less positive! I am sure I get on many, many, many, many people's nerves with my perkiness...but really, who wants to be grouchy?!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                                Thanks for leaving that here....

He was 16 and I was nine when our dad's left. I'm not sure how old he is now, but one day, if he is like me, he will look back and marvel about the impact someone you never really knew had on his life.

It took me a full two years plus a few months to realize he really wasn't coming back.

Then now, it's almost been a year since he died. It took me about nine months to accept I really didn't ever get to see him, even once more, and ask him why.

But, it's like Victor told me...I would have had questions, and it would not have felt right to ask him as he lay dying....so it was better that way.
                                He's 34 now. He's larger than life now. He has made an impact on
                                people's lives. He once said that, not only on this song though.
                                I'm glad you didn't follow in your dad's footsteps because we wouldn't
                                hear your blog about Micah and especially Jonah and his chicken stories.

I didn't realize how powerful that song was after listening to the lyrics
                                and also reading your blogs about your father. I'm all teary eyed right now.
                                Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

Working...
                                X