This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
    I have never looked back at a situation and wished I had been less positive! I am sure I get on many, many, many, many people's nerves with my perkiness...but really, who wants to be grouchy?!
    Adina you are adorable. I like you. I am occasionally grouchy off the clock. But at work.... asshole.
    Training Log:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
      He's 34 now. He's larger than life now. He has made an impact on
      people's lives. He once said that, not only on this song though.
      I'm glad you didn't follow in your dad's footsteps because we wouldn't
      hear your blog about Micah and especially Jonah and his chicken stories.

I didn't realize how powerful that song was after listening to the lyrics
      and also reading your blogs about your father. I'm all teary eyed right now.
      You're so sweet! That made me smile!

So many of the good moments of my life were because of what I went through as a kid.

So many people work so hard trying to live their lives in reverse. Trying so hard to get back to their childhood or their high school years.

Those years, the ones "they" say are supposed to be the best ones of your life, were my worst.

So my best always lies ahead.

Without knowing it, he gave me gift. The gift of not coming from a place I'm always trying to get back to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
        Adina you are adorable. I like you. I am occasionally grouchy off the clock. But at work.... asshole.
        I am so non-grouchy at work that my co-worker said one time that he worried I would go postal one day, as in his mind, "Adina, no one can be that happy all the time. No one. Something isn't right!"

One day on Halloween I'm going to dress as the mail lady and carry a pop gun and a frown!

Comment

I am so non-grouchy at work that my co-worker said one time that he worried I would go postal one day, as in his mind, "Adina, no one can be that happy all the time. No one. Something isn't right!"

One day on Halloween I'm going to dress as the mail lady and carry a pop gun and a frown!
          I have a problem saying no. So I have to be grouchy so that people won't think of asking me to do stupid things.
          Training Log:

Comment

I have a problem saying no. So I have to be grouchy so that people won't think of asking me to do stupid things.
            When someone asks me to do something crazy or stupid, I say, "Would you like fries with that?"

They don't know if that was a yes or a no, and they usually walk on.

Try it!

Comment

When someone asks me to do something crazy or stupid, I say, "Would you like fries with that?"

They don't know if that was a yes or a no, and they usually walk on.

Try it!
              Adina..... i am an only child. I never had a big sister. That was sisterly advice. Thank you.
              Training Log:

Comment

Adina..... i am an only child. I never had a big sister. That was sisterly advice. Thank you.
                Once you found MD, you found an instant family. Didn't you know that?

Comment

Once you found MD, you found an instant family. Didn't you know that?
                  Until right now not really.
                  Training Log:

Comment

Until right now not really.
                    Well, just settle in and be part of the family!

Comment

• Happy Sunday, everybody!!!

If you haven't checked it out, look in No Bull and the Women's Fitness/Figure/Bikini Forums for Pittsburgh coveage.

Also, I know we've got Ron Harris at Jay Cutler's show today.

Pop in the threads and make some comments!

I'm off for some morning cardio!

Have a great day!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah, it was a beautiful Sunday in Houston so i went to Galveston with my nephew and mother. It has been a while since i hung out with both of them.

It was beautiful and sunny all day in galveston too.
                        Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
                          Yeah, it was a beautiful Sunday in Houston so i went to Galveston with my nephew and mother. It has been a while since i hung out with both of them.

It was beautiful and sunny all day in galveston too.
                          It was beautiful here too!

It was too nice to do my cardio indoors, so I went to the track!

Not the beach, mind you, yet still outside!

Comment

• Ryanne

So a girl from my home town was on Extreme Home Makeover last night.

Our entire town was, or course, watching.

Mike and Katrina have a family of adopted children. One of them is a triple amputee. Missing both legs and an arm.

When they arrived at her house they took note of Ryanne’s box of legs.

She had eleven pairs.

Ty laughed and said, “I’ve never known someone with so many legs. What are you going to do with them?”

I was assuming they were all hers. Like one set for running, one for swimming, etc…

But her answer surprised me.

“I’m going to send them to Haiti.”

You see, they were the legs she had outgrown. As she grows, she needs longer limbs.

And even at seven she was aware that there were people who could use what she no longer needed. And that there were people in her shoe’s. Her prosthetic shoes no less.

After the recent devastation in Haiti, the child became aware of the need for her outgrown legs.

And later in the show, I went from chills to tears when the sent someone with her legs to Haiti.

Ryanne got to watch on video as children who could not walk were given her old legs.

And the little child was overcome.

She buried her face against her dad’s shoulder and cried.

Even at seven, she understood the difference being able to walk would mean to those kids.

It was beautiful.

So very beautiful.

And never once did Ryanne talk about how her life was different or complain. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

She has a room full of medals.

From running track!

She is truly amazing. A hero in a seven year old body!

And she is already aware of what some people just never seem to get.

You just take the hand you are dealt and play…and share…and run….and climb trees…and change a life when you can. Even if all you can do is give someone something you no longer need.

Comment

• I had a funny dream about you!!! You were prepping for a talk show about
                              losing weight and there were some people eating backstage including Michelle
                              Brent. If I could remember people were eating steak and eggs or something.
                              The backstage of this talkshow looks like this pizza hut by my house.
                              There were no chickens though.

BOK
                              Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                                I had a funny dream about you!!! You were prepping for a talk show about
                                losing weight and there were some people eating backstage including Michelle
                                Brent. If I could remember people were eating steak and eggs or something.
                                The backstage of this talkshow looks like this pizza hut by my house.
                                There were no chickens though.

BOK
                                OHH!!! Did Michelle bring me some cookies in your dream? I really like her cookies. Go back and dream me some!

Comment

Working...
                                X