• Show
Clear All

• Aww that's such a great story! God bless her
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
      Aww that's such a great story! God bless her
      I left out one of the neatest parts...

She and her brother and sister were adopted from overseas. Her family chose her knowing all the struggles she would face and how much extra care she would need.

Amazing, amazing people.

And the little girl is just this brown-eyed, brown-haired SPIT FIRE! She is awesome.

When they interviewed her, she laughed so long and so hard! I laughed just watching her laugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
        I left out one of the neatest parts...

She and her brother and sister were adopted from overseas. Her family chose her knowing all the struggles she would face and how much extra care she would need.

Amazing, amazing people.

And the little girl is just this brown-eyed, brown-haired SPIT FIRE! She is awesome.

When they interviewed her, she laughed so long and so hard! I laughed just watching her laugh!
        Aww that's really sweet of that family! god bless them all!
        "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
          OHH!!! Did Michelle bring me some cookies in your dream? I really like her cookies. Go back and dream me some!
          I was falling asleep in class and random dreams popped up, including
          some of my weird friends!!!
          Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
            Aww that's really sweet of that family! god bless them all!
            God blessed them with a brand new house from ABC! It is beautiful!!!

Originally posted by Nick D View Post
            I was falling asleep in class and random dreams popped up, including
            some of my weird friends!!!
            Wait...am I the weird part of the random???

Shawn's Radio Show is about to start, guys!

http://www.voiceamerica.com/voiceame....aspx?sid=1492

Comment

• haha

We're all weird in some ways ummm unique???
              If i have chicken dreams, you would be the first one to know. *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                haha

We're all weird in some ways ummm unique???
                If i have chicken dreams, you would be the first one to know. *sigh*
                I RARELY remember my dreams. Like...I've probably only remembers 5 or 6 ever.

The first dream I recall was a nightmore about Big Bird when I was in Kindergarden.

It was a premontion, I guess!

God love me!

Comment

• You are destined to be related with featherly animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                    You are destined to be related with featherly animals.
                    I had two Finches when I was a kid too. I named them Batman and Robin!

My god...I really was a dork!

I had forgotten about those critters!

Comment

• Not to get sappy or anything but I like this. i may give it to a girl sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibarramedia View Post
                        Not to get sappy or anything but I like this. i may give it to a girl sometime.

I like it for that last line...just kind of reminds me that you love people the way they are. You don't change them.

I was feeling WAY WAY WAY sappy when I posted it. Sappy is fine in my thread! I just try not to let my sappiness ooze out to other areas....like No Bull! That would be bad!

Comment

• Waiting for a Future...

I couldn’t even fathom a guess as to how many times in my life sorrow led to joy, and the worst of times led to the best of times.

Familial rejection developed into the ability to speak in front of any number of people with no fear of rejection whatsoever.

A break-up with a man I thought I could never live without led me to lose weight.

But…

These things didn’t just happen.

People seem to think they will one day wander into happiness and good choices, when it’s really a learned habit.

For a while there, a good while, I would have to choose to be happy every day, and it did not come easy for me.

I had to make a conscious effort. Trying to and wanting to be better.

I would make lists of things I was thankful for.

I would get up when I felt like lying down.

And I would smile when I felt like frowning.

Nothing happened over night, but it did happen.

I had to speak at a faculty meeting one day. I was so nervous.

But then I scanned that room, looking at all the faces. And it hit me, what one person in this room can offer me more rejection than I have already faced from my family?

None.

Not one person.

Fear of rejection conquered – check.

And that break-up?

Man was that ever painful!

I think I cried more tears through that over any other thing in my life.

You would all be ashamed to know how long and how hard I cried over someone….who was not ever meant to be with me or even slightly a good match for me.

I had to do my part there too.

I had to turn it in to something good.

For the longest time, he wanted us to be friends. Something that was too painful for me, yet I tried.

I tried because that was what he wanted. Not what I needed, but what he wanted.

My part was to participate in my own mental health, get my brave on, and walk away.

Sometimes you have to do that.

Tag is no fun when you are always it! Sometimes you need the freedom of running as fast as you can and know that someone is running behind you! Not there to tackle you. Just there to catch up with you!

At first, when I walked away I would look back.

But then I got so far I would have to squint.

And then I got so far that what lie ahead was so much better than what lay behind that I couldn’t believe how much time I had wasted dwelling in the past, waiting for a future that would not happen!

Everything around us is fixable, but we’re the only ones with the tools. And your toolbox is in 2010….not whatever other year you think you left it. You might as well put it to use.

Comment

• That's why they call it the present!! it's a gift not to be wasted! smoochity smooch!!!
                            The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

• Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
                              That's why they call it the present!! it's a gift not to be wasted! smoochity smooch!!!
                              I love it when you give me new phrases to use!

Comment

• Mornin Adina.
                                Here's to the future

This is my mami and nephew.
                                Attached Files
                                Dream big and work hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X