X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT post

Here you are again, in sync with my life yet AGAIN lol

You always say the right thing at the time when I need it the most.

Thanks Adina
    *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      A few months ago my best friend Alan and I decided to ride his paddle boat across the lake.

Just as we were leaving, our friend Kathy ran toward us with outstretched arms. “Don’t forget your life jackets.”

We both looked at her and rolled our eyes. I mean, hello! It’s a paddle boat, Kathy!!!

As we paddled away, Alan called to her, “We’re covered. The seats double as flotation devices.”

And they do.

So, we set out in our little boat, happily pedaling away and chatting. Well, as you can well imagine, I was doing the chatting. He was doing the listening.

We made it to the other side, with the intention of getting out and visiting Alan’s cousin for a minute before we paddled back across the lake.

Until a boat approaches. The game warden’s boat.

“Where’s your life jackets?”

Alan quickly snaps off the back of my chair to show him it’s a flotation device.

“That won’t do. I need to see your driver’s license. Both of you.”

I’m trying to remain serious, but I’m thinking, you have got to be freaking kidding me. Have you ever pulled someone over in a paddle boat and they had their license?! Because if you have, I need to meet this person so he can help me get my life in order. I’m doing good to have it in my CAR! For real!!

Alan, knowing how I am, gives me “the look” and I know to keep my pie hole shut. He’s a former police man, so he knew what to say. The warden agrees to let us go, provided we hurry on back home.

Now, y’all, there is no way on God’s green earth you can hurry in a paddle boat. It’s like being in the Flintstone car. Your feet start moving, but there ain’t nothing happening!

Of course, I’m thinking the whole thing is hysterically funny, while Alan has to keep telling me, “Stop laughing and paddle, or I’m going to jump off and swim back.”

So, I’m thinking it’s his paddle boat, why would this bother me? So, I just say, “OK, bad boy, swim on with your bad self!!!”

But as we pulled back to the dock, there stood Kathy. And with shame and laughter, we told her we had been pulled over.

Sometimes, we can spare ourselves a lot of trouble by taking what’s in the outstretched hands. Remember? She had them. All we had to do was reach up. But we weren’t looking up. We were looking at our feet.

If someone is offering to help you, accept what’s in the outstretched hand, stop looking at your feet.

Diet help. Cardio partner. Lifting advice. A shoulder to lean on. Someone to dry your tears or even cry with you.

Get your eyes up, look toward the goal, and reach for the outstretched hand…because today is a good day not to go it alone.
      ANOTHER print me out and keep me... and one I too will share with my therapist.... I am VERY very VERY... did I say very bad about asking for help....
      http://competition.nxlabs.com/en/bodybuilding

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
        Great story. It's a welcome reminder and a positive thought this cold, snowy, Monday morning.
        If it dips below 70, I think it's cold!!

Of course, I love to jog when it's 105 degrees outside. Your people wouldn't understand me!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
          GREAT post

Here you are again, in sync with my life yet AGAIN lol

You always say the right thing at the time when I need it the most.

Thanks Adina
          Looks like it's a theme...and something we all need!

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleGoddess65 View Post
            ANOTHER print me out and keep me... and one I too will share with my therapist.... I am VERY very VERY... did I say very bad about asking for help....
            Well...then...that just means we konw what we need to work on! That step is over. WOO HOO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
              If it dips below 70, I think it's cold!!

Of course, I love to jog when it's 105 degrees outside. Your people wouldn't understand me!!!
              I understand you! I am a VERY unhappy woman in anything less than 85 degrees. I always say I have more in common with our gecko than I do with my hubby.
              SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• hijack....trying to get a black muscle mob tank and they only have white pink and yellow????? Where did you ladies get the black ones??
                The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

• Love the post Adina, I had to cover two desks today so I had to wait until I got home to catch up on my reading. Very much worth the wait!

Keep'em coming lady, : )

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
                    I understand you! I am a VERY unhappy woman in anything less than 85 degrees. I always say I have more in common with our gecko than I do with my hubby.
                    I love that you have a Gecko!

A tiny lizard, and I do mean tiny lizard, followed me into the bathroom at work last week and I swear I almost had a coronary!

Comment

• Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
                      hijack....trying to get a black muscle mob tank and they only have white pink and yellow????? Where did you ladies get the black ones??
                      They don't do very many of them...and they just send them out every once in a while.

But...I say go for the PINK!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Janet Renee' View Post
                        Love the post Adina, I had to cover two desks today so I had to wait until I got home to catch up on my reading. Very much worth the wait!

Keep'em coming lady, : )
                        I will if you keep coming with your little pink words!!!

Comment

• Just got off the phone with my bf, I laugh as I write this because he was so cute on the phone. He would not quit working yesterday on the new floor and he is feeling it today. I told him he should work out with me and he has said he was going to but hasn't yet. I think this has convinced him. He is not in bad shape but all the "squating" has his backside sore.

I have told him about you and showed him your pics and told him about your writing, we want a autographed copy of your book when it comes out.

Sweet dreams

Comment

• Originally posted by Janet Renee' View Post
                            Just got off the phone with my bf, I laugh as I write this because he was so cute on the phone. He would not quit working yesterday on the new floor and he is feeling it today. I told him he should work out with me and he has said he was going to but hasn't yet. I think this has convinced him. He is not in bad shape but all the "squating" has his backside sore.

I have told him about you and showed him your pics and told him about your writing, we want a autographed copy of your book when it comes out.

Sweet dreams
                            You're so sweet to me!!!

You'll win him over to the gym!!! I just know it!

I have about 200 pages of the book written, but have yet to begin trying to find a publisher. Maybe I shoud do that!!!! I think I have some connections, but I was trying to wrap it up first!!!

It's more motivation than it is weight loss, although I had originally intended for it to be the other way around.

Comment

• Accepting Help

Victories and successes were meant to be shared.

I reached out and took outstretched hands several times along the way while losing. I had quite a few people tell me yesterday that they have such a hard time doing this.

The Nazi had to approach me with his encouraging words countless times before I even noticed his outstretched hand.

But he had been patiently waiting for me to get it. And the second I took up his offer for help in the gym, he became a constant.

Many times he stopped his own workout to stand by me while I did mine.

If there were people who he thought would get me off track with the cardio, he would physically stand between my machine and the “distractions” as he liked to call the chatty people!

People think I have issues with chatting at the gym. My hot ISS friend Kevin told me before he ever met me not to stop being a chatty Kathy at the gym.

I guess I just put out that vibe. Any way, I digress…

Oh, wait, I didn’t digress. He helped me with my diet.

And the closer I got to goal, the more people started getting excited.

They wanted to jog with me, lift with me, eat clean with me…they wanted to help pull me there.

I swear to you that collectively my entire gym held their breath for me when I got stuck at 206 for three months. They were there at the ready with tips, advice, and new things for me to try.

And when I broke through that plateau, pandemonium broke out! All those reached-out hands started clapping!

Believe it or not, people actually enjoy helping. Think about it in your own life, you don’t make offers to help people that you just don’t want to help.

When you take that hand they offer, you are allowing them to be a part of your future success.

Because isn’t that why they help you? They see a vision of your success that you may not yet be able to see…and they just want to be a part of it.

Comment

• GOod morning Adina. I have come to the confessional of Adina to admit my sins. I had a bad day yesterday. Nothing I did could change my mood. I was simply down. I never changed out of my PJs. I didn't go to the gym. I'd been fighting the personal stuff for about 4 days, resisting the urges and cravings to drown myself in a box of ho-hos. Last night around 6pm I gave in to the emotional cravings and I ate off plan. I mixed two scoops of vanilla protein powder with a couple packets of splenda and cinnamin and just a tiny bit of water and ate it with a spoon. Yeah, not your typical binge but I was hurting and I just couldn't fight it. I was too tired and worn out. Funny thing is since I now live alone there is not one thing in my house I could binge on that's not healthy, hence the protein powder. As soon as I was finished I popped two sleeping pills and went to bed. Better to end the day and the binge right then and there, only 220 calories off plan.

I slept almost 14 hours. Today is a new day. I will brush myself off and climb back on my horse. Today might be a day of going through the motions but going through the motions today will make tomorrow even easier. I thought I was through the storm but I guess not quite yet. I will get there and I won't eat my way through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X