• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    My life is my own.
    My life is lived on my terms.
    Good answers.
    I like that.

You need to go read the story I put in my member gallery.
    It's not motivational...but you'll think it's a good read!

Comment

So I got stuck at my desk last week as meal number three was quickly approaching. Meal number three being 1 ½ scoops of ISS Whey Power and 1 slice of Ezekiel Bread.

No matter what, I could not seem to break away from my desk.

Now, I know you all think I am Ms. Susie Sunshine, and, well, OK, I am…but there are some things I can get down right fanatical about. One of those things being my diet. Unless it has been designated as a cheat day far in advance by me, I don’t cheat. I simply don’t allow it. You see, I keep a running list of things I have to look my best for. I always keep looking to the next big thing. It keeps me clean!

While waiting for an answer , I come to the realization that I am going to be on hold for quite some time. And that this will push me past my three hour max. I always start the next meal within three hours of the last. But, all is not lost as I spy my DRY whey powder in the corner.

Being as I am tough as nails in the diet department (slash anal retentive), I think to myself, “What can it hurt?”

I take a small spoonful of the dry powder. And you may not know this, but you take one small spoonful of ISS Chocolate Whey, and it makes a Tootsie Roll in your very mouth! On the spot, y’all. I made a Tootsie Roll!

So I say to myself while still on hold, “That was fun!” And shouldn’t my food be fun? People ask me that ALL the time, and I was thinking, “Herein lies the answer!”

So, STILL on hold, I decide to make another Tootsie Roll in one of those “Yea for me” moments I have so many of throughout my day! I love this creativity thing I’ve got going on. It’s kind of like making those recipes with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. Like Banana with Chocolate would make a chocolate covered banana…

But tragedy strikes. Failing to account for the chocolaty remnants of goodness in my mouth from the first bite, the second bite didn’t make so much a Tootsie Roll as a small wad of gelatinous goo.

And at this point my thoughts become, “I hope nobody comes by.” Because if I were to smile, each individual tooth is now coated in the chocolate concoction I have created in my mouth. So, essentially I have created Whey Bubba Teeth.

And you would think that I wouldn’t try again…unless you REALLY know me, then you’re not surprised one bit that I go back for round three! Tootsie Roll. Bubba Teeth. What was next?!

By the third bite, the remnants of the tootsie roll and the gelatinous goo join forces with the fresh powder I had thrown in the mix…and created a, well, let’s call it cement, so strong that not even the jaws of life could extract my bottom jaw from my top.

And, of course, at precisely this moment, the hold music that had been mindlessly drumming in my head stops, and I hear the voice I had been awaiting utter the magic phrase, “Can I help you?”

To which I reply, “Yeaoh alkt toiuer thoei.”

Of course, she doesn’t understand. She doesn’t speak stupid. “Please speak up, I’m having trouble understanding you.”

Speak up? Now there’s a phrase I don’t hear very often, I can assure you! She didn’t know I WAS speaking up. I was just speaking inside my mouth!

And in the end, I hung up. Even if she does have Caller ID, she won’t know my extension!

But cheating on a diet is like this. If I had stopped at one bite, I would have been left with the deliriously happy thought that one small bite of ISS Chocolate Whey = Tootsie Roll! And that would have been enough. I would eventually get to the break room. And it would indeed have been enough to tide me over.

Just like that one bite of the cake you eat to “keep you from craving it all day” becomes a half slice. Which becomes a whole slice. When in reality, one bite would have killed the craving.

Stop at one bite, tootsie roll. Keep going, cement.

Stop at one bite of what you are craving, or keep going and let it get out of control.

I choose the Tootsie Roll, y'all. I choose the Tootsie Roll.

Comment

I thought of YOU this morning when the alarm went off at 4am. See, I have to get up and get to the gym by 4:30am in order to get my cardio in and shower before work. It helps that I work at a gym. Still, when that alarm goes off and I'm all sleepy snuggly the last thing I feel like doing is getting up and doing cardio. That's when I thought of you. What would FitAdina do? LOL...WWFD? I got up, got to work, did my cardio, showered and now I feel good. No regrets. Now I just have to lift after a 13 hour work day!

And I have protein powder here. I'm having ONE tootsie roll today!

Comment

Adina, thanks for sharing the story about your friend. I have almost 13 years and still go to meetings, still call my sponsor, still work the steps. He is so right about the humble part.
          The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
            I thought of YOU this morning when the alarm went off at 4am. See, I have to get up and get to the gym by 4:30am in order to get my cardio in and shower before work. It helps that I work at a gym. Still, when that alarm goes off and I'm all sleepy snuggly the last thing I feel like doing is getting up and doing cardio. That's when I thought of you. What would FitAdina do? LOL...WWFD? I got up, got to work, did my cardio, showered and now I feel good. No regrets. Now I just have to lift after a 13 hour work day!

And I have protein powder here. I'm having ONE tootsie roll today!
            YEA!!! I like people thinking of ME!!! WOO HOO!!!!

You know...I am right there with you, sister frined. My alarm is set for 4:19. I get up and do the same, exact thing for the same exact reason!

I think for my Blog tomorrow, I'll go through EXACTLY what a morning with me would be like! That would be fun for me to write!

Let me know how the Tootsie Roll is!!!

And....13 hours?

But girl...at the end of those 13 hours...you just still have to be glad you have a healthy body that can lift....because I'm watching the Telethon...and we know so many people would kill to have a body that would allow a 13 hour work day....or even a 1 hour work day.

Comment

Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
              Adina, thanks for sharing the story about your friend. I have almost 13 years and still go to meetings, still call my sponsor, still work the steps. He is so right about the humble part.
              Thank you for sharing that with me. I know it's not easy. I had known my friend a year before he told me. And the good Lord knows that man knew everything about me already.

And even though he knew all along I was safe ears to tell...it took him that long. It was at the end of a phone call. He knew I was about to have to hang up to answer a call at work...and he just blurted it out.

And sometimes he goes as much as 4 times a week.

And you know what...humble people are the best people.

I think people who are not humble have simply not reached the moment that will humble them one day. We have just already had ours.

Comment

Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                So I got stuck at my desk last week as meal number three was quickly approaching. Meal number three being 1 ½ scoops of ISS Whey Power and 1 slice of Ezekiel Bread.

No matter what, I could not seem to break away from my desk.

Now, I know you all think I am Ms. Susie Sunshine, and, well, OK, I am…but there are some things I can get down right fanatical about. One of those things being my diet. Unless it has been designated as a cheat day far in advance by me, I don’t cheat. I simply don’t allow it. You see, I keep a running list of things I have to look my best for. I always keep looking to the next big thing. It keeps me clean!

While waiting for an answer , I come to the realization that I am going to be on hold for quite some time. And that this will push me past my three hour max. I always start the next meal within three hours of the last. But, all is not lost as I spy my DRY whey powder in the corner.

Being as I am tough as nails in the diet department (slash anal retentive), I think to myself, “What can it hurt?”

I take a small spoonful of the dry powder. And you may not know this, but you take one small spoonful of ISS Chocolate Whey, and it makes a Tootsie Roll in your very mouth! On the spot, y’all. I made a Tootsie Roll!

So I say to myself while still on hold, “That was fun!” And shouldn’t my food be fun? People ask me that ALL the time, and I was thinking, “Herein lies the answer!”

So, STILL on hold, I decide to make another Tootsie Roll in one of those “Yea for me” moments I have so many of throughout my day! I love this creativity thing I’ve got going on. It’s kind of like making those recipes with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. Like Banana with Chocolate would make a chocolate covered banana…

But tragedy strikes. Failing to account for the chocolaty remnants of goodness in my mouth from the first bite, the second bite didn’t make so much a Tootsie Roll as a small wad of gelatinous goo.

And at this point my thoughts become, “I hope nobody comes by.” Because if I were to smile, each individual tooth is now coated in the chocolate concoction I have created in my mouth. So, essentially I have created Whey Bubba Teeth.

And you would think that I wouldn’t try again…unless you REALLY know me, then you’re not surprised one bit that I go back for round three! Tootsie Roll. Bubba Teeth. What was next?!

By the third bite, the remnants of the tootsie roll and the gelatinous goo join forces with the fresh powder I had thrown in the mix…and created a, well, let’s call it cement, so strong that not even the jaws of life could extract my bottom jaw from my top.

And, of course, at precisely this moment, the hold music that had been mindlessly drumming in my head stops, and I hear the voice I had been awaiting utter the magic phrase, “Can I help you?”

To which I reply, “Yeaoh alkt toiuer thoei.”

Of course, she doesn’t understand. She doesn’t speak stupid. “Please speak up, I’m having trouble understanding you.”

Speak up? Now there’s a phrase I don’t hear very often, I can assure you! She didn’t know I WAS speaking up. I was just speaking inside my mouth!

And in the end, I hung up. Even if she does have Caller ID, she won’t know my extension!

But cheating on a diet is like this. If I had stopped at one bite, I would have been left with the deliriously happy thought that one small bite of ISS Chocolate Whey = Tootsie Roll! And that would have been enough. I would eventually get to the break room. And it would indeed have been enough to tide me over.

Just like that one bite of the cake you eat to “keep you from craving it all day” becomes a half slice. Which becomes a whole slice. When in reality, one bite would have killed the craving.

Stop at one bite, tootsie roll. Keep going, cement.

Stop at one bite of what you are craving, or keep going and let it get out of control.

I choose the Tootsie Roll, y'all. I choose the Tootsie Roll.
                try nectar syntrax...you can eat it dry on a spoon...once you put it in your mouth it gets hard and you chew it like a hard candy...very good
                can i snap kick you in the face?

Comment

"they" say that the first three bites are the best, most satisfying and that after that you get nothing, but keep eating to try to get the feeling of the first 3 bites

so after 3 bites STOP !!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok...I did the tootsie roll thing. I use Species Nutrition's Isolyze. I wouldn't say tootsie roll but it is weird how it turns chewy. I'll probably end up stealing a spponful out of my preweighed packet before mixing it up with the mac nut oil and water.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetualhope View Post
                      try nectar syntrax...you can eat it dry on a spoon...once you put it in your mouth it gets hard and you chew it like a hard candy...very good
                      I have never even heard of that! I like learning new things!

I knew other people were eating theirs like that. I KNEW it!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnFirm View Post
                        "they" say that the first three bites are the best, most satisfying and that after that you get nothing, but keep eating to try to get the feeling of the first 3 bites

so after 3 bites STOP !!!!!!!!!
                        Yes ma'am!

You're showing me some tough love today!

Yes ma'am!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                          ok...I did the tootsie roll thing. I use Species Nutrition's Isolyze. I wouldn't say tootsie roll but it is weird how it turns chewy. I'll probably end up stealing a spponful out of my preweighed packet before mixing it up with the mac nut oil and water.
                          YES! Isn't it weird? There's nothing else quite like it! Kinda chewy...kind of rough. But...you'll be back. Once you try it...you have to do it again!

Comment

ON HOLD story was good..

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post
                              ON HOLD story was good..

I like it when hot men stop by my page. WOOO HOOO!!!!

You should go to my member gallery. I put a story in there yesterday about my panties! Ask fitnfirm. She made me post a picture of them!

By the way...THANKS!

Comment

hmm, gonna have to definitely check that out, and thank YOU!!
                                Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Working...
                                X