This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post
    hmm, gonna have to definitely check that out, and thank YOU!!
    You'd be surprised how little I had to do with you being hot. But ... OK OK OK...I'll take the credit. You're welcome!!!

Comment

i should warn ya, i aint that guy in the picture.. just a favorite wrestler of mine
      Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

i should warn ya, i aint that guy in the picture.. just a favorite wrestler of mine
        YET...if I keep telling you you're hot...you'll eventually post your own picture. Because the pressure of me talking about the Avi man will wear your down.

So you have to ask yourself....do I want her thinking my Avi is hot or that I am hot?

HMMMM

Comment

many have tried all have failed
          Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

many have tried all have failed
            GAME ON, Big Boy. GAME ON!

Comment

Ode to GirlyMuscle

So GirlyMuscle says she thought of me yesterday morning when she got up, wondering what I would do when that alarm sounded at 4:00. “What would FitAdina do?” is the phrase she used.

So, I thought I would tell you what I do in the morning. Y’all can call me Adina. Or Princess. Or Goddess of Health and Fitness. Whatever suits your fancy. But you don’t have to call me FitAdina. The fit is implied anyway!!!!

Anyway….here’s how it goes.

My alarm goes off at 4:19.

Why 4:19 you ask?

I LOVE my sleep button. Those few minutes of sleep between the actual alarm and the first snooze alarm are the best seven minutes ever! But I have a habit of pressing it, oh….for an hour! Yes, I am addicted to snooze button sleep!

So, I set the alarm for 4:19, because in my early morning fog, I can’t add 7 to 19 to tell me if it’s OK to press it again. Yes, I know I could memorize it…but…SHHHH don’t bring that up!

But the real secret to my day? I surround myself with opportunities to be successful.

Before I go to bed every night, I get myself ready for another good day. Notice I said “another.” I don’t allow any other kind.

No matter how tired I am, I do what I need to the night before.

I pack my cooler.

I write my Blog for the next day.

I make sure my work clothes are ready.

And what about that morning cardio?

I lay out my gym clothes right at my feet. I don’t give myself any room for excuses.

I literally turn off the alarm and step into my gym clothes. After I pee and weigh naked, of course! I’m a former fat girl after all…and those ounces count, y’all. They really do! My scale is digital. It records tenths of pounds. If I wait long enough, I’ll pee twice…just for good measure. That HAS to be an extra tenth. Has to be!

While I am putting those gym clothes on, I choose to remind myself of five things I am thankful for. It’s hard to be cranky when you really dig deep and find things you are thankful for.

Yesterday the list was:

1) the hurricane was not as bad as was predicted
              2) my boys are safe, well, and healthy
              3) my new MD friends
              4) a day off from work – WOO HOO!
              5) blueberries

Catch that last one?

Even on your worst of days, you can think of something to be thankful for.

Blueberries popped into my mind, because I was thinking about my best friends and the silly fun we had going to a Blueberry Festival. And y’all, no blueberries, no Blueberry Festival. So…I was thankful for the blueberries.

Sometimes we just read too much into things. The best things in life aren’t things and they aren’t big. Little things can make you happy if you choose to let them.

So many of us go through life waiting for the next big, grand moment to occur, failing to appreciate the blueberry moments in life.

There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for. And you can’t be grouchy and count your blessings at the same time. Just try it.

Clean socks in your sock drawer, so you can go another day without washing? Blueberry moment.

Got all your water in the day before without feeling like you were going to drown? Blueberry Moment.

Unexpected text message from a sweetie? Blueberry moment.

So go ahead…pick a blueberry for me and leave it here. Tell me something small or something silly you are thankful for. And see if it doesn’t just make you have a better day.

And that, GirlyMuscle, is what FitAdina would do!!!

Comment

I'm standing here at work (at the GYM) reading this, pretending my tears are from the headcold I have.

I am thankful for the fact that even though I set the alarm wrong I still got up in enough time to get at least half my morning cardio in.

I am thankful for the friends and family I have who truly love me and want the best for me and are always there for me.

Comment

Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                  I'm standing here at work (at the GYM) reading this, pretending my tears are from the headcold I have.

I am thankful for the fact that even though I set the alarm wrong I still got up in enough time to get at least half my morning cardio in.

I am thankful for the friends and family I have who truly love me and want the best for me and are always there for me.
                  Those are great things!! Woo Hoo!!

Comment

I had my "tootsie roll" today. I could get hooked one that.

Comment

Awesome thread, and excellent words of motivation...

Keep it coming.

You look great!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                        I had my "tootsie roll" today. I could get hooked one that.
                        It really is a great thing to do when you need a piece of "candy"....I do it several times a week. I love my Whey Candy!

Comment

Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                          Awesome thread, and excellent words of motivation...

Keep it coming.

You look great!!!!
                          Well thank you very much!

You keep coming, and I'll keep posting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                            Thanks! That makes me feel good!

Do you do yoga? It's on my list of things to try.
                            I LOVE YOGA!

there is no better feeling than to be flexible.......

my first yoga experience was 10.5 years ago. i went for the "breathing" techniques. i had just quit smoking and felt like i was always holding my breath, i was.lol anyway, i THOUGHT i was flexible! i was SO wrong.....i had alot to learn. i am still learning & loving it. i am also still SMOKE FREE!!

so my GRATITUDE for today is that. THANK GOD I AM SMOKE FREE!! 2 months short of 11 years!!
                            I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
                              I LOVE YOGA!

there is no better feeling than to be flexible.......

my first yoga experience was 10.5 years ago. i went for the "breathing" techniques. i had just quit smoking and felt like i was always holding my breath, i was.lol anyway, i THOUGHT i was flexible! i was SO wrong.....i had alot to learn. i am still learning & loving it. i am also still SMOKE FREE!!

so my GRATITUDE for today is that. THANK GOD I AM SMOKE FREE!! 2 months short of 11 years!!
                              WAIT!!!

SHHH....I think I hear something...

Your lungs just said THANK YOU!!! They still appreciate that you gave that up after all these years.

You get a big WOOO HOOO and a !!!!

Comment

Battles Not Fought

My oldest son, Micah, was none to happy to go to school yesterday. You see, we had battened down the hatches at our house.

When Katrina and Rita came through, we were just close enough to receive some monstrous storms that left us a few days without electricity. And no flashlights. No radios. No…well, you get the picture.

But this time we were prepared.

Flashlights, candles, battery operated radio, and even an old-fashioned kerosene lamp were at the ready.

So with the wide-eyed wonder of any pubescent boy, he went to bed anticipating the cancellation of school. And it was with great sadness that he woke up to my overly perky voice chiming “Good Morning.!”

“That was stupid,” he groggily replied.

Stupid of course, being what he deemed the unnecessary preparedness of the night before.

But don’t we all do this?

We go to work with our coats, but the cold front isn’t as cold as predicted. And we gripe.

We go to a party with a snappy comeback on the ready for someone we knew would be there, but to our dismay they are nice to us. How dare they?

We walk into work with our umbrella, and bemoan that we were prepared, but it did not rain.

We pack our lunch and a friend showed up to take us out, their treat. And isn’t that just aggravating?

My favorite is when somebody fusses over no lines at the grocery store. You’ve heard it. You know what I’m talking about, “I went in to get my groceries thinking there would be a line. Walked right in and out. Tomorrow must be when they put out the fresh produce. I bet my bananas are ruined by the morning”

You know what I say when I can walk right in and out like that? I’ll call my friend Kerry and say, “Girl, you know what? They knew I was coming again! It’s like I’m the princess of this store. They cleared out the store so I could shop on my own again.”

If it was supposed to rain and didn’t? That’s my opportunity to leave my umbrella at work. I need one there anyway! Don’t you?

Cardio isn’t wearing me down like I think it should? That means I can get another mile or maybe even two in.

If you prepared for a battle that just didn’t happen, enjoy it.

Rejoice in it.

Let it thrill your very soul!

Don’t spend your time wondering why good things happen. Does this even sound like it makes sense?

When I learned to recognize the smallest of blessings and good fortunes in my day to day life, I began to realize my life was a lot more blessed than I even knew.

By all means, be prepared today. Just don’t get bent out of shape if nothing bad happens!

Comment

Working...
                                X