Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FitAdina's Blog Spot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FUTURE View Post
    I am corrected. You are a BAND GEEK. Here I thought someone else shared my Carl Sagan-like passions.



    Well, we the vegan's of MD are offended by Thanksgiving. In the words of the immoralized Chris "isuck" CrOCKer: LEAVE MR TURKEY ALONE! HE HAS FEELINGS AND DREAMS AND IDEAS! IF YOU TOUCH HIS GIBLETS YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO MMME!
    Did you see where Sarah Palin "pardoned" a turkey right in front of the others being slaughtered?! Priceless!

    And...you may love your pop tarts, but that does not make you a vegan.

    Comment


    • Actually that was in reference to popular hookers from overseas. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
        You know me... you know I will find a way. I just hate to improvise, is all. But I have my ways... albeit unorthodox. It is like watching a Rocky movie, sometimes.

        Not headed that way, though. I am going to Kansas City, MO.

        I get to go and freak out some extended family, and be entirely too hardcore for them.
        If you come up 71 stop in Carthage, I have a weight set in my shed you can use.
        My bf is a chef and we will be cooking up dinner for the family and friends this year. It should be yummy, I told my son he could invite any of his
        team mates that couldn't go home over so hurry! These fellas can eat!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
          That Avi could not be ANY cuter!!!!
          I do what I can lol
          *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FUTURE View Post
            Actually that was in reference to popular hookers from overseas. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
            OK...first you put poop in my thread...now hookers????

            What is wrong with you? This is a perky, poop-free, hooker-free zone!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Janet Renee' View Post
              If you come up 71 stop in Carthage, I have a weight set in my shed you can use.
              My bf is a chef and we will be cooking up dinner for the family and friends this year. It should be yummy, I told my son he could invite any of his
              team mates that couldn't go home over so hurry! These fellas can eat!
              Hey Janet!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                Hey Janet!!!

                Hey Adina !! I've missed ya. Too bad we didn't know each other when you
                came to my town. I would love to meet you in person. You are one of my
                favorite motivators

                Have a great day !

                Comment


                • Yes, I am a BAND and ORCHESTRA geek. Hence the 2 music degrees...and a lot of money spent...ugh.

                  Little known facts about horns and horn players:
                  Travel in packs-Ironically enough, Prokofiev cast us correctly as the Wolf in Peter and the Wolf
                  Are neurotic-can be fired for missing a note which, due to the overtone series, gets exponentially easier to have happen the further up you go in the instrument's range
                  Hate the horn at least once a week if you are normal. If you love it all the time, you are likely wearing a straight jacket and occupying a padded room
                  It is second only to the tuba in size. A horn stretched out is 17 feet long.
                  Has to transpose in the orchestra. This means the notes that are written on the page are not what you are playing. You are transposing notes in your head up and down half and whole steps and more on the fly.

                  And you all wonder why I took up the iron....
                  SnakeBite Racing

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Janet Renee' View Post
                    Hey Adina !! I've missed ya. Too bad we didn't know each other when you
                    came to my town. I would love to meet you in person. You are one of my
                    favorite motivators

                    Have a great day !
                    I have no doubt we will meet one day!!!

                    I guess you saw Gaxy is now Team Pink!!!! Ha Ha!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by connstellation View Post
                      Yes, I am a BAND and ORCHESTRA geek. Hence the 2 music degrees...and a lot of money spent...ugh.

                      Little known facts about horns and horn players:
                      Travel in packs-Ironically enough, Prokofiev cast us correctly as the Wolf in Peter and the Wolf
                      Are neurotic-can be fired for missing a note which, due to the overtone series, gets exponentially easier to have happen the further up you go in the instrument's range
                      Hate the horn at least once a week if you are normal. If you love it all the time, you are likely wearing a straight jacket and occupying a padded room
                      It is second only to the tuba in size. A horn stretched out is 17 feet long.
                      Has to transpose in the orchestra. This means the notes that are written on the page are not what you are playing. You are transposing notes in your head up and down half and whole steps and more on the fly.

                      And you all wonder why I took up the iron....
                      Wait just a minute!! Why aren't you playing what is written? Why don't they write your part out?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                        Wait just a minute!! Why aren't you playing what is written? Why don't they write your part out?
                        Well...(this is a major bone of contention for horn players) in the past, the horn had a series of appendages called crooks used for changing keys. As the instrument advanced from the simple hunting horn, to using crooks, to finally having a valve cluster added, the space for the crooks disappeared. While valves are an advance in technology, all the music that had been written while the instrument had crooks could not be adjusted quickly and easily. NOW we have the technology to do this quickly and easily and because it's "traditional" for horn players to transpose, we still are stuck doing it. Horn in B natural is the WORST because it's a diminished 5th below what's written. No one can sight read THAT on the fly!
                        SnakeBite Racing

                        Comment


                        • Adina, how far are you from Dallas???
                          The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by connstellation View Post
                            Well...(this is a major bone of contention for horn players) in the past, the horn had a series of appendages called crooks used for changing keys. As the instrument advanced from the simple hunting horn, to using crooks, to finally having a valve cluster added, the space for the crooks disappeared. While valves are an advance in technology, all the music that had been written while the instrument had crooks could not be adjusted quickly and easily. NOW we have the technology to do this quickly and easily and because it's "traditional" for horn players to transpose, we still are stuck doing it. Horn in B natural is the WORST because it's a diminished 5th below what's written. No one can sight read THAT on the fly!
                            I never knew that. I am going to make Jonah read this when he gets home. He is all into his trombone...and he will love reading that.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
                              Adina, how far are you from Dallas???
                              Just a few hours...not even three. I go there all the time because my best friend lives there. Will be there this weekend.

                              Comment


                              • http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...15#post1147815

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X