X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
    I have no doubt we will meet one day!!!

I guess you saw Gaxy is now Team Pink!!!! Ha Ha!!!!

Yes I did and it made my day that much brighter, : )
    Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post

OH! That was good! Everybody look at Brandon's link!!!

I am proud of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Janet Renee' View Post
        Yes I did and it made my day that much brighter, : )
        Keep up the good work.
        Pink makes days brighter!

Comment

• It All Counts!

I took off for an evening jog last night. I don’t know why, but I didn’t really want to do it.

The whole time I was changing my clothes I was thinking, “Gosh. I really don’t want to do this.”

Then as I was putting my shoes on, a million things I needed to do flashed through my mind. My thoughts drifted to, “Man, I don’t want to run.”

I stepped out and it was COLD. I ran back in for my jacket. “Stupid cold weather. Stupid jogging.”

I took that first step. “Man. This sucks.”

Midway through the jog, and I know you think I’m about to tell you the euphoria took over. It didn’t. “Damn potholes. Stupid street.”

Toward the end, that euphoria still hadn’t kicked in. “I don’t want to run today.”

But four miles after I left, I was back.

Good heart rate.

Good speed.

Good distance.

Got it done.

And I was free to enjoy the rest of my night.

And when someone comes to me for help today and says, “I just don’t like it like you do,” I will just smile.

I don’t always like it. There are days I loathe it. But I have yet to loathe being fit.

Because my body doesn’t recognize when I’m in the mood or not.

It’s all good, and it all counts!

Comment

• AMEN! I think that way everytime I'm doing pre-contest cardio twice a day. I can list a ton of things I'd rather do, I cuss it the whole time I'm doing it, but in the end...got it done!
            SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
              Yes, I am a BAND and ORCHESTRA geek. Hence the 2 music degrees...and a lot of money spent...ugh.
              yea! another geek like me! i also, was a band geek. flute and piccolo in marching band, oboe in symphonic band and bass guitar in the musical orchestra. BAND GEEKS RULE!!!!

Comment

• ha! good post again adina - i was thinking that this morning when i dragged my tired ass out of bed and did cardio at 6 am, didn't wanna but did it anyway and felt better after it

Comment

• Originally posted by fitswim-by-celeste View Post
                  yea! another geek like me! i also, was a band geek. flute and piccolo in marching band, oboe in symphonic band and bass guitar in the musical orchestra. BAND GEEKS RULE!!!!
                  Hi girl! Glad I'm not the only Band Geek on here! Love the new avi!
                  SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• thanks kelly

do you still play? i still have a flute laying around but haven't played it in years. bass on the other hand, hoping to get back into a band soon - i miss playing the bar scene. it's actually the only way i have a decent social life!

Comment

thanks kelly

do you still play? i still have a flute laying around but haven't played it in years. bass on the other hand, hoping to get back into a band soon - i miss playing the bar scene. it's actually the only way i have a decent social life!
                      I do still play. I've been contracted with the Firelands Symphony Orchestra since 2002, play in churches at Christmas and Easter, some wedding work, Beck Center on occasion, at my Alma Maters Kent and CSU, and the odd pit gig that comes up. I don't play as much as I'd like to, but I find that I'm starting to actually shift away from the horn. My interests are starting to focus elsewhere now, and I'd like to go to law school. That's how I can tell I've been out long enough to think school is a good idea. It's been 4 and a half years since my Masters already.
                      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• When I have days I just DO NOT feel like doing cardio.. thats when I feel the best when I am done because I didn't give in and skip it
                        *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Comment

• sometimes it is sooo hard to get out of bed at 4:30am, you are right, those are the days it feels best when you get it done.
                          Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
                            AMEN! I think that way everytime I'm doing pre-contest cardio twice a day. I can list a ton of things I'd rather do, I cuss it the whole time I'm doing it, but in the end...got it done!
                            And people think because I'm perky I love it all the time. I don't love it all the time. I DO it all the time!

Comment

ha! good post again adina - i was thinking that this morning when i dragged my tired ass out of bed and did cardio at 6 am, didn't wanna but did it anyway and felt better after it
                              AND...if you had not done it, thoughts of needing to do it would have consumed the day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
                                When I have days I just DO NOT feel like doing cardio.. thats when I feel the best when I am done because I didn't give in and skip it
                                I just read that going YES!!! That's EXACTLY how I feel! It's empowering to do it on a day you don't want to!

Comment

Working...
                                X