• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes i would like to start working out

Comment

• Originally posted by patrickzglr View Post
      yes i would like to start working out
      The information is pretty vague.. bro.. if you want to workout.. get in the gym and lift.. Maybe a good trainer can help you..
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Im 25 yrs old and my weight is 230lbs. I started going about lifting weights the wrong way at around 22 and i didnt realize it for a while. I fell victim to lifting heavy ass weight, hardly no cardio, and eating anything i want thinking i was gonna see good results. well what happened is i gained weight yes but it wasnt good weight my bodyfat ( whic is around 14-18%) is way higher than my muscle. I started really paying attention to the detail in getting lean and I came up with my own solution. I started doing high intensity cardio about 2 to 3 times per week running the steps in my building for about 5 to 8 sets of 3. I added high intensity training to my regimen. for example a chest day would be incline barbell presses, flat bench dumbell presses, flat or incline bench dumbell flies then end it off with dips all 1 set 10 to 12 reps for a total of 5 working sets. my diet is nothing but egg whites (money saver) chicken breast, oatmeal, and a whey protein with the ususal fish oils pre workout drink a multi and some no2 pills. i work midnights so during the night i eat egg whites spinach alittle brown rice, and after workout a whey protein then a hr later white rice and some chicken. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now i dont think im seeing any results only after a workout a thats cause im pumped. is there anything that i need to change or do more of?

Comment

• Originally posted by m0em0ney1 View Post
          Im 25 yrs old and my weight is 230lbs. I started going about lifting weights the wrong way at around 22 and i didnt realize it for a while. I fell victim to lifting heavy ass weight, hardly no cardio, and eating anything i want thinking i was gonna see good results. well what happened is i gained weight yes but it wasnt good weight my bodyfat ( whic is around 14-18%) is way higher than my muscle. I started really paying attention to the detail in getting lean and I came up with my own solution. I started doing high intensity cardio about 2 to 3 times per week running the steps in my building for about 5 to 8 sets of 3. I added high intensity training to my regimen. for example a chest day would be incline barbell presses, flat bench dumbell presses, flat or incline bench dumbell flies then end it off with dips all 1 set 10 to 12 reps for a total of 5 working sets. my diet is nothing but egg whites (money saver) chicken breast, oatmeal, and a whey protein with the ususal fish oils pre workout drink a multi and some no2 pills. i work midnights so during the night i eat egg whites spinach alittle brown rice, and after workout a whey protein then a hr later white rice and some chicken. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now i dont think im seeing any results only after a workout a thats cause im pumped. is there anything that i need to change or do more of?
          give it more time.. a good plan takes many weeks to yield visible results, if not longer.. so dont give up.. just keep working hard
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex...I just turned 33 and am having trouble shaking off excess weight..its coming off slowly but I'd like to give it a boost. I am working out 5 days a week and doing at least 20-30 minutes of low impact cardio each session as well along with the weight training which tends to be 45 min to 75 min depending on body part/parts.
            Are there any over the counter thermogenics/fat burners you recommend..I have been using animal cuts so far...my friend is getting ephedra and the results are great for him but getting it is a pain in the ass. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by cremationist View Post
              Alex...I just turned 33 and am having trouble shaking off excess weight..its coming off slowly but I'd like to give it a boost. I am working out 5 days a week and doing at least 20-30 minutes of low impact cardio each session as well along with the weight training which tends to be 45 min to 75 min depending on body part/parts.
              Are there any over the counter thermogenics/fat burners you recommend..I have been using animal cuts so far...my friend is getting ephedra and the results are great for him but getting it is a pain in the ass. Any help would be appreciated.
              There are two products i can recommend... one is Arson by Muscle Assylum and the other is Xenadrine Hardcore.. both might be on the higher end of the price scale but why cut corners on something so valuable.

I would actually cycle between the two... each have slightly different compounds so you will notice a difference between the two.. hope all else is going good!
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex
                the weight is slowly coming off..I know diet is the ultimate key to trimming fat...just trying to take it one day at a time...one workout at a time...thanks for your advice...I will try cycling thermos every few weeks maybe 1 month on 2 to 3 weeks off and the try a new one and see what works best
                Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by cremationist View Post
                  Alex
                  the weight is slowly coming off..I know diet is the ultimate key to trimming fat...just trying to take it one day at a time...one workout at a time...thanks for your advice...I will try cycling thermos every few weeks maybe 1 month on 2 to 3 weeks off and the try a new one and see what works best
                  Jon
                  You will get extra calories burned by using the fat burners and good workouts but the key to fat loss is diet, training and cardio..
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Ok i have been lifting for about ten years, but am still a beginner because i have never been consistant. so here is my dilemma, I weigh 270 and am abviously really fat. I work 11PM- 730am on a rotating shift. can someone help me structure a routine around this. also on mon, wed and fri i go to school from 9am-950 about an hour drive both to and from school. and on tues nite i go to school from 6-930 pm. if someone who is good with time scheduling could help that would be awesome. also where should i begin with diet and how much cardio and lifting? my profile pic is me a few weeks out from 15 boot camp and running about 8 miles a day so it is true that i am genetically chubby. if anyone can help i would appreciate it very much. my goals are to loose some weight(fat), be healthier,and still have tons of energy as my lifestyle is busy. right now while i work i really don't have too much time to eat becasue i work as a special care tech in a hospital(cancer) that keeps me going pretty much all nite long so i do not have much time to eat. And for this I eat whatever I can later to make up for what I missed at work. A lot of carbs.

Comment

• huh
                      Last edited by chub-b-muscle; August 31st, 2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: accidently duplicated

Comment

• Originally posted by chub-b-muscle View Post
                        Ok i have been lifting for about ten years, but am still a beginner because i have never been consistant. so here is my dilemma, I weigh 270 and am abviously really fat. I work 11PM- 730am on a rotating shift. can someone help me structure a routine around this. also on mon, wed and fri i go to school from 9am-950 about an hour drive both to and from school. and on tues nite i go to school from 6-930 pm. if someone who is good with time scheduling could help that would be awesome. also where should i begin with diet and how much cardio and lifting? my profile pic is me a few weeks out from 15 boot camp and running about 8 miles a day so it is true that i am genetically chubby. if anyone can help i would appreciate it very much. my goals are to loose some weight(fat), be healthier,and still have tons of energy as my lifestyle is busy. right now while i work i really don't have too much time to eat becasue i work as a special care tech in a hospital(cancer) that keeps me going pretty much all nite long so i do not have much time to eat. And for this I eat whatever I can later to make up for what I missed at work. A lot of carbs.
                        Here is my before and after transformation bro...

I would like to help you out but your situation needs some major work, follow up and monitoring.. Im not giving you a hard time.. i can help anyone.. but i dont have the time to do that here...

Here is my before and after pic... Check out my website if you want... and once you really set your mind to the fact that your ready to make a big change in your life... contact me..
                        www.prepbyalex.com
                        Attached Files
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death all over the forum, however I was unable to find a specific thread on it. I might have asked you Alex before about bulking but it's been awhile and I couldn't find that thread.

I want to start a bulking diet in conjunction w/ the H.O.S.S program. I kinda went back and forth in regards to diet, but figured I can work on the cutting diet and weight training once I get on the bulk I want. I focused good now that I have a gym as well, kinda helps

Right now I'm doing the H.O.S.S program Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri and doing cardio 3-4 times a week to help shed some of the belly fat.

I try to eat any carb heavy meals before 4pm and snack on mixed nuts and dried fruit throughout the day. My meals consist of fish, chicken, steak, ground beef, eggs, lunch meat, cheese, beans, rice, salad, fruit & veggies w/ the occasional treat like 10 pringles or half a candy bar.

So to give you an idea of what I'm working with:

Weight: 165lbs
                          Height: 5'7

Current Diet
                          6 meals a day
                          Each Meal Avg
                          Cals: 500
                          Protein: 25 grams
                          Fat: < 15 grams
                          Carbs: < 20 grams

If you guys have some links to share I'm happy to do research myself

Comment

• thanks for answering back with the quickness, i am serious about the change, i have checked out your page and you seem like the real deal, but i just don't have that kind of extra money right now. so thank you very much alex you do look awesome though and i know you could be a big help. If anyone else has some input with working nights and scheduling that would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by chub-b-muscle View Post
                              thanks for answering back with the quickness, i am serious about the change, i have checked out your page and you seem like the real deal, but i just don't have that kind of extra money right now. so thank you very much alex you do look awesome though and i know you could be a big help. If anyone else has some input with working nights and scheduling that would be awesome.
                              sure thing bro, but your situation cant be adequatly answered by me on this board.. take care..
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by patrickzglr View Post
                                yes i would like to start working out
                                Hi Patrick,

Sign up at a gym, and build up your foundation by lifting free weights. Bench Press, Dips, Push Ups, Dumbbell Press, etc for Chest.

Deadlifts, Barbell/Dumbbell rows, Lat Pulls down, T-bar Rows, etc for Back.

Military Press, Seated Dumbbell Press, Front Raise, Side Raise, etc for Shoulders.

Squats, Leg Presses, Lunges, Leg Extensions, calf raises etc for Legs.

Dumbbell Curls, Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Zottman Curls, Hammer Curls, etc for Biceps and Forearms.

Close grip Bench press, cable extensions, skull crushers, kickbacks, etc for Triceps.

Your training regime needs to be emphasised on free weights to build up your foundation, before you start doing those movements, you need to work on your form. Once you've mastered the form, add weights gradually or increase the resistance to push your muscles to grow; overload. 3-4 sets of each exercise in the 6 - 12 rep range. You're a beginner so your body would adapt to any type of programme. Simple is the way to go, focus on free weights, train 3-4 days a week and the rest of the days make sure you rest in order to recover. Eat 3-4 meals consisting of nutritious protein, carbs and healthy fats. At your stage, protein shakes would definitly be of benefit.

Make sure you don't over train, and learn to listen to your body. Also don't forget to do your own research.

Rome wasn't built overnight, so be patient brother, all good things takes time.

Train big, eat big and sleep big.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X