This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex,

Do you beleve you have to eat every two, three hours? Don't think as long you have 4-5 meals a day, does't that matter

Comment

• Originally posted by almard View Post
      Alex,

Do you beleve you have to eat every two, three hours? Don't think as long you have 4-5 meals a day, does't that matter
      it depends on what your trying to accomplish.... but for bodybuilding i think 2.5 -3 hours is ideal..
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hope you are having a good prep bro !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
          Hope you are having a good prep bro !!!
          Thanks buddy.. put it this way... the mistakes i made last year have been on my mind 24/7 since last years show... i can guarantee not to make those mistakes again... Although small, they added up to me not looking my best.

I may make different ones... I hope not... My goal is to bring the best look ever.......to Florida..

Im arriving earlier this year, settling in, doing some training and relaxing, avoiding stress...... Its all business Steve.. I love competing and bbing but i have business to take care of.. keep an eye out for me...and thanks for checking in..
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• My teen age son

Hi Alex,

My question is about my son who will be turning 13 yrs. old son. He is a really good athlete and excels in soccer. He will be starting at a local high school next year that has 8th grade. The only sport he plays now is soccer, all year round. He has been approach by lots of coaches asking where is his going to high shool. He was invited to try out for ODP (Olympic Development Program) and actually made the cut for the regional team.

He is small for his age and the only suggestion most coaches have for him is he needs to play a little more agressive. They tell me once he starts to work out and get a little more weight and strenth he will be fine.

So my question is when can he start weight training? He runs alot now of course so conditioning is not a problem, but i do not wat him to hurt future growth if lifting will hurt him. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by gene View Post
              Hi Alex,

My question is about my son who will be turning 13 yrs. old son. He is a really good athlete and excels in soccer. He will be starting at a local high school next year that has 8th grade. The only sport he plays now is soccer, all year round. He has been approach by lots of coaches asking where is his going to high shool. He was invited to try out for ODP (Olympic Development Program) and actually made the cut for the regional team.

He is small for his age and the only suggestion most coaches have for him is he needs to play a little more agressive. They tell me once he starts to work out and get a little more weight and strenth he will be fine.

So my question is when can he start weight training? He runs alot now of course so conditioning is not a problem, but i do not wat him to hurt future growth if lifting will hurt him. Any suggestions? Thanks.
              I started martial arts at 12 and did a lot of pushups, situps and stretching and training.. by the time i was 13 i stopped growing taller anyways.. so i started lifting weights.

I think once your son stops growing much taller.. he will be ready for some resistance training..

I would start him off using bodyweight workouts.. then.. move on to some light resistance.. Get him using good form and teach him to respect his limits.. He should be fine to start soon.. I hope it all works out great for you guys!
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Need help

Trying to bulk up; how much cardio is appropriate during this stage? Im 25 years old, 195 lbs, 5' 7.
                Wanna compete but not sure how or where or when; Im so ready to get started but kinda in the dark. Ive pretty much gotta handle on training, diet I think is my main concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantean View Post
                  Trying to bulk up; how much cardio is appropriate during this stage? Im 25 years old, 195 lbs, 5' 7.
                  Wanna compete but not sure how or where or when; Im so ready to get started but kinda in the dark. Ive pretty much gotta handle on training, diet I think is my main concern.
                  Sounds like you need some extensive help.. Dont go on the boards to do this.. especially if your competing... Bits and pieces of info from everyone willing to chime in .... is not the way to go...

lets see though... you want to compete... but not sure how, where or when? are you sure you want to compete?

Anyways.. look into hiring someone to prepare you and walk you through the process..

Your first show is memorable and you dont want to screw it up and have a bad taste in your mouth about competing..

For my first show..I hired an ex competitor and she walked me through the process.. and I ended up winning my class plus the novice overall... Now ive worked up to national level shows and prep and do diets for a lot of follks...
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey, monday i am going to start going to a gym so i can finally start bulking, i am thinking of doing a back and bis, chest and tris, and legs split. should i throw abs on one of the days, have a separate day or just forget about them for now?

Comment

• Originally posted by hough View Post
                      hey, monday i am going to start going to a gym so i can finally start bulking, i am thinking of doing a back and bis, chest and tris, and legs split. should i throw abs on one of the days, have a separate day or just forget about them for now?
                      Throw them in ....i would just do a 5-7 min ab workout with minimal rest at the end of your workout..
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• I am sort of a beginner. I take SuperPump 250 sometimes also L-Carnitine and SNI Elite series Muscle Blast advanced Beta-Alanine. I also take Radox, Olio, Kre-Alkaline, Walnuts, Fruits and berries. I use SizeOn sometimes too!

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• Hey Alex.

How long does it take before u start noticing your gains...

i know everyone is different but i have OCD and i look everyday

when should i step on a scale, when should i measure?

Comment

• Originally posted by chucklestheclown View Post
                              Hey Alex.

How long does it take before u start noticing your gains...

i know everyone is different but i have OCD and i look everyday

when should i step on a scale, when should i measure?
                              This is a good question .... and i have to try to convince you to stay out of the mirror and off the scale... let your program do the work then give it some time... the longer you wait the more impressed you will be...

I would stay covered and dont micromanage and nit pick yourself.. I dont konw if your a beginner or not.. but if you are... then you have a ways to go and just be ready for a long ride.

Noticiing gains on eveyone is different.. for exmaple.. this years prep for me went like this... 10 weeks of hard dieting...sticking tomy plan without deviation... i get on a scale and no weight loss... and nothing showing up in the mirror but i feel leane and i know i have lost a good amount of fat...

so there is no way that i didnt make any gains during this time...

i wait about 2 weeks and in that time... everything is kicking in and I cant keep my eye off myself.. Now im super motivated and taking itup a notch... but at the beginnning it could have been a major discouragement if i weighed myself each weak and no weight loss ....

So... i advise.. stay out of the mirror and off the scale for many weeks.. esepecially if you starting a program to get lean and ripped for a show..

the body needs time to produce noticable loss of fat... but once it starts... it will be majorly notciable... and that will pick you up..

One big problem people have is that they are impatient and have to see results immediately... This sport i about longevity and working hard for a long time is somthing that you have to committ too..
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• what is the best way to start at the age of 30 after a 10 year lay off

Comment

Working...
                                X