Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Alex,

    I have been trying to lose my gut for the past 8 months now and have had no luck doing so. I was wondering if you could help me break through this wall of fat. I am currently 33 yrs old, 200 lbs, 22% body fat.

    When I first started I was 24% body fat and I was on a low carb diet (TNT by Men’s Health Magazine) that got me down to 200 lbs, 18% body fat. After 6 six months I hit a plateau and decided to try a 40-40-20 diet @ 2400 calories. After a month of this I went back to 200 lbs, 20% body fat but I figured it was natural because I had reintroduced the carbs. After some advice from friends I increased my calories to 2600 because I was told I was starving myself because of all the calories I was burning. So after a month of 2600 calories I am back to 200 lbs, 24% body fat and just so confused.

    During a week hiatus I decided to tweak my macronutrients again. Now I am at a 40-45-15 diet @1900 calories. I have read so much these past 8 months that I don’t know if I am coming or going anymore.

    My current work out routine is

    Mon: (1000 calories burned via polar watch)
    Incline Barbell Press 3 x 12-15
    Flat Barbell Press 3 x 12-15
    Flat Flyes 3 x 12-15
    Dips 2 x 12-15
    French Press 3 x 12-15
    Overhead Dumbbell Press 3 x 12-15
    Cable Pushdowns 3 x 12-15
    Crunches on an incline 3 x 12-15

    Tues: Cardio (6:30 am) 40 min, 500 calories burned via polar watch

    Wed: 1000 calories burned via polar watch
    Reverse Grip Pull Down 3 x 12-15
    Single Arm Rows 3 x 12-15
    Bent Over Rows 3 x 12-15
    Hyperextension 3 x 12-15
    Barbell Curls 3 x 12-15
    Alternate Dumbbell Curls 3 x 12-15
    Hammer Curls 3 x 12-15
    Seated Calve Press 3 x 15-20

    Thurs: Cardio (6:30 am) 40 min, 500 calories burned via polar watch

    Fri: 1000 calories burned via polar watch
    Leg extension 3 x 15-20
    Leg Press 3 x 15-20
    Hack Squat 3 x 15-20
    Hamstring Curls 3 x 15-20
    Arnold Press 3 x 12-15
    Rear raises 3 x 12-15
    Side Raises 3 x 12-15
    Lying leg raises 3 x 12-15

    Sat: Racquetball 1200 calories burned

    Sun: Cardio (12:00 pm) 40 min, 500 calories burned via polar watch

    Oh yeah, I am also currently taking Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein and animal pak multi vitamins.

    Can you please help me?

    Thanks

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by el_super_dan View Post
      Alex,

      I have been trying to lose my gut for the past 8 months now and have had no luck doing so. I was wondering if you could help me break through this wall of fat. I am currently 33 yrs old, 200 lbs, 22% body fat.

      When I first started I was 24% body fat and I was on a low carb diet (TNT by Menís Health Magazine) that got me down to 200 lbs, 18% body fat. After 6 six months I hit a plateau and decided to try a 40-40-20 diet @ 2400 calories. After a month of this I went back to 200 lbs, 20% body fat but I figured it was natural because I had reintroduced the carbs. After some advice from friends I increased my calories to 2600 because I was told I was starving myself because of all the calories I was burning. So after a month of 2600 calories I am back to 200 lbs, 24% body fat and just so confused.

      During a week hiatus I decided to tweak my macronutrients again. Now I am at a 40-45-15 diet @1900 calories. I have read so much these past 8 months that I donít know if I am coming or going anymore.

      My current work out routine is

      Mon: (1000 calories burned via polar watch)
      Incline Barbell Press 3 x 12-15
      Flat Barbell Press 3 x 12-15
      Flat Flyes 3 x 12-15
      Dips 2 x 12-15
      French Press 3 x 12-15
      Overhead Dumbbell Press 3 x 12-15
      Cable Pushdowns 3 x 12-15
      Crunches on an incline 3 x 12-15

      Tues: Cardio (6:30 am) 40 min, 500 calories burned via polar watch

      Wed: 1000 calories burned via polar watch
      Reverse Grip Pull Down 3 x 12-15
      Single Arm Rows 3 x 12-15
      Bent Over Rows 3 x 12-15
      Hyperextension 3 x 12-15
      Barbell Curls 3 x 12-15
      Alternate Dumbbell Curls 3 x 12-15
      Hammer Curls 3 x 12-15
      Seated Calve Press 3 x 15-20

      Thurs: Cardio (6:30 am) 40 min, 500 calories burned via polar watch

      Fri: 1000 calories burned via polar watch
      Leg extension 3 x 15-20
      Leg Press 3 x 15-20
      Hack Squat 3 x 15-20
      Hamstring Curls 3 x 15-20
      Arnold Press 3 x 12-15
      Rear raises 3 x 12-15
      Side Raises 3 x 12-15
      Lying leg raises 3 x 12-15

      Sat: Racquetball 1200 calories burned

      Sun: Cardio (12:00 pm) 40 min, 500 calories burned via polar watch

      Oh yeah, I am also currently taking Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein and animal pak multi vitamins.

      Can you please help me?

      Thanks
      Bro, you seem to be dilligent with your training and your doing cardio, but you did not mention what you are eating. That is what I want to hear, what are and when are your meals. THanks, i would love to help you further. take care, im sure we can get you dialed in bro, alex a
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

      Comment


      • #93
        Alex,

        Hey sorry for not putting in some of my meals, totally slipped my mind.

        Well, here is two days worth of meals. This is basically what I have been eating ever since I stopped doing the low carb diet (roughly about 2.5 months). Other than tweaking the macronutrients this is what I have been eating. I mentioned in my last post that I was doing a 40-40-20 diet but in my example I was trying to stay at a 1900 calorie intake with a 500 calorie deficit. If I was over the 500 calories I would add some extra calories to stay within the 500 calorie deficit.

        1/28/2008
        carbs protein fat calories
        oat meal +blueberries 128.6 144.9 47.9 321.4
        banana+strawberry smoothie 128.0 143.2 45.1 316.2
        mushromm chicken+stuffing 128.2 145.0 64.6 337.8
        banana+blueberry smoothie 128.9 143.1 44.9 316.9
        mushromm chicken+stuffing 128.2 145.0 64.6 337.8
        bannana smoothie 129.2 144.3 46.3 319.8
        bannana smoothie 129.2 144.3 46.3 319.8
        sausage 1.0 9.0 22.0 240.0

        total calories 901.2 1018.8 381.7 2509.7
        total grams 225.3 254.7 42.4
        total percentages 35.9% 40.6% 15.2%

        1/29/2008
        carbs protein fat calories
        oat meal +blueberries 128.6 144.9 47.9 321.4
        banana+strawberry smoothie 128.0 143.2 45.1 316.2
        beef serlion tacos+rice 128.8 145.4 100.8 375.0
        bannana smoothie 129.2 144.3 46.3 319.8
        beef serlion tacos+rice 128.8 145.4 100.8 375.0
        pineapple+mango smoothie 116.6 130.2 10.7 257.5

        total calories 760.0 853.5 351.6 1965.1
        total grams 190.0 213.4 39.1
        total percentages 38.7% 43.4% 17.9%

        With all the reading that I have been doing and the monitoring of my body fat percentage every month, I have been wondering if I could be “carb sensitive” or a “fast oxidizer”. What ever book you read I guess it all means the same.

        Well this may sound crazy but on Monday I was in the middle of transitioning back into the low carb lifestyle and staying at a 2000 calorie intake. What do you think?

        I know you didn’t ask for this but here are a few months of my body comp. results. Just to show you some of my frustration. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I am not at 26% body fat but it does piss me off to see positive results go down the toilet in just a few weeks.

        Date weight percentage lean mass fat mass
        12/7/2006 209 26.1 154.5 54.5
        8/27/2007 203 20.8 160.8 42.2
        10/23/2007 205 20.7 162.6 42.4
        11/20/2007 201 18.8 163.3 37.8
        12/20/2007 198 20.5 157.4 40.6
        1/20/2008 203 22.6 157.1 45.9

        From 5/08-11/08 I was on a low carb life style and then reintroduced the carbs after that.


        Well sorry for making you read all this and I really appreciate your help. Thanks

        Comment


        • #94
          Alex,

          Sorry that all the figures are squished together. If you would like I can email you this post so it’s easier to read my food intake.

          Thanks

          Comment


          • #95
            Hi

            Are ladies allowed in here its just there doesnt seem to be any. ?????? And dont want to intrude somewhere im not welcome

            Im 38 female,
            5ft 11 ins
            weight 162lbs.

            currently lifting as heavy as i can , calories 2400 average, but only been doing this for a couple of weeks (due to confusion ).
            150g protein 350gms carbs (the carbs is a bit hit and miss usually lower)
            Im eating as clean as possible, oats for brekkie and rice for other carbs.

            Trying to build muscle would like to get to the end of the year or begging of next with a figure that would allow me to compete.

            Im really serious with this, but have no family or friends who are willing to support me in my attempt to reach my goal.

            Do have a couple of pics from the end of last year when i was carb cycling which does work really well.

            I just want to make sure im doing the right things and not wasting my time.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by el_super_dan View Post
              Alex,

              Sorry that all the figures are squished together. If you would like I can email you this post so itís easier to read my food intake.

              Thanks
              Yeah go ahead and do that. [email protected]
              take care alex a
              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
              www.prepbyalex.com

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by jo0607 View Post
                Hi

                Are ladies allowed in here its just there doesnt seem to be any. ?????? And dont want to intrude somewhere im not welcome

                Im 38 female,
                5ft 11 ins
                weight 162lbs.

                currently lifting as heavy as i can , calories 2400 average, but only been doing this for a couple of weeks (due to confusion ).
                150g protein 350gms carbs (the carbs is a bit hit and miss usually lower)
                Im eating as clean as possible, oats for brekkie and rice for other carbs.

                Trying to build muscle would like to get to the end of the year or begging of next with a figure that would allow me to compete.

                Im really serious with this, but have no family or friends who are willing to support me in my attempt to reach my goal.

                Do have a couple of pics from the end of last year when i was carb cycling which does work really well.

                I just want to make sure im doing the right things and not wasting my time.
                Ladies welcome of course! Go ahead and email them to me at
                [email protected]

                take care.
                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                www.prepbyalex.com

                Comment


                • #98
                  Thanx Alex,
                  Much appreciated.

                  But like i said i havent been doing this that long, and the pics are pre - christmas and different diet so not a true representation of how i look now.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    They arent great, but then i guess everyone has to start somewhere.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jo0607 View Post
                      They arent great, but then i guess everyone has to start somewhere.
                      they're really not bad, don't be too down on yourself
                      you've got good muscularity for a new female. you've definitely got potential, keep up the work and you'll soar
                      While you're closing down the club, I'll be closing down the gym.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by big_swoll View Post
                        they're really not bad, don't be too down on yourself
                        you've got good muscularity for a new female. you've definitely got potential, keep up the work and you'll soar

                        Thank you much appreciated

                        Comment


                        • hey, i worked out consistently for over a year training naturally,( im staying natural ) and got my deadlift to 405, my squat to 315, and my bench to 235, and i managed to get my bw down as low as 193. my problem is that i had to take a 3 month layoff, i was unable to eat clean or work out during those 3 months. my bw shot to 235lbs again, and my lifts are about 60% what they were. what do you recommend to get myself back on track as quickly as possible?
                          straps are for kinky sex, or animal abuse.

                          Comment


                          • Sorry if you answered this already...

                            How many carbs do you take in on average per day during your offseason?

                            How many carbs do you take in on diet?

                            Im sure you might have touched in this but I havent read it before.

                            Thanks,

                            Ss

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pikey87 View Post
                              hey, i worked out consistently for over a year training naturally,( im staying natural ) and got my deadlift to 405, my squat to 315, and my bench to 235, and i managed to get my bw down as low as 193. my problem is that i had to take a 3 month layoff, i was unable to eat clean or work out during those 3 months. my bw shot to 235lbs again, and my lifts are about 60% what they were. what do you recommend to get myself back on track as quickly as possible?
                              I would recommend getting your diet back on track, get back in the gym consistantly and train super hard. Make every work out count. thats all you can ask for
                              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                              www.prepbyalex.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                                Sorry if you answered this already...

                                How many carbs do you take in on average per day during your offseason?

                                How many carbs do you take in on diet?

                                Im sure you might have touched in this but I havent read it before.

                                Thanks,

                                Ss
                                I average about 500 grams per day off season and about 400 pre contest. I dont rotate or change them much from 16 weeks to the show. Lots of white rice and brown sugar oatmeal.
                                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                                www.prepbyalex.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X