Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you own a gym - you gotta look the part !

That's my personal opinion - I've recently taken over a gym and it's my baby now - I have plans, dreams, visions.....but today I realised that ok, whilst I may have the gym and may have fulfilled a lifelong ambition, I should really start to look the part ! Will shortly take pics of me in my current unadulterated non photoshopped state - close friend Paul Summers (some in the UK may know him, father used to be a pro judge and Paul himself competed back in the l'eighties/early nineties) is going to assist on the nutritional side - i'm game for anything so am going to ask him to take some pics of me in the seven compulsory poses so we can get a feel for how I progress!

First thing - if i want to look big - I need to eat big !

Wish me luck !

Vinny

Comment

• Hey bro. I want some advice. I have played football all my life from a kid to a small stint in college. Now That i don't play anymore i wanted advice to get a better body over all. I am 6'4'' 336lbs (played offensive line of course). I know i need to loose the weight but i don't want to stop lifting because well i love to lift weights. Do you think i should stop lifting and just do a ton of cardio to drop my weight first or keep lifting but not as much and just up my cardio? thank you.

Comment

• New to bodybuilding/MMA

I want to start going to the gym and work out but I really donít know where to start at and my goal is to get up to 265lb and yeah I am 5í7 yeah it sounds kind of odd I know but itís something that I really want to do and someday compete in the Heavy Weight division for MMA so if anybody has any suggestions or tips please share them.

Comment

• Hey there. I googled for help on how to grow muscle and it pointed me this way, so nice of them. Now lets see if I can get some help here.

I am white male, 22 years of age, weight in at 205lbs. I am happily married at young age, so Im not looking to impress anyone but my self. I have been working out at about 10 months to say the least. Now there were weeks were I only went 1 or 2 days being lazy, but my regular schedule was Mon-Thur. Mon(Chest and Triceps) Tuesday(Shoulders and Legs) Wednesday(Back and biceps) Thursday(Legs and stomach). I have done everything naturally, and I think im ready to step up and get some help. When I first started working out, I weighted in at 195. So I gained around 10 pounds of something naturally. I DO NOT have a diet that I go by, I eat w.e. comes my way.

But I am ready to get serious, eat healthy, stop being lazy, hit the gym 5 times a week and gain A LOT of muscle.

Now my questions are:

What would be the best to use before and after work out as suppliemts. I been looking at this as one of my suppliements, tell me what you think: http://store.musculardevelopment.com...timulator.html

Would that be enough? Is that even the right stuff for me? What is my goal? Well from my short stay, I want to be somwhat like ROCKY III on here and that guy that wants to compete with him, forgot his name, the 22 year old gentlemen. Of course I may never be like them, but that is my inspiration.

Please hit me with some guides, what to use, Im ready and serious. I wish that I could make my own thread, but seems like I dont have the rights to that atm.

Comment

• I am currently doing a keto diet. I started about 2.5 wks ago and lost 3 lbs in the first two weeks. I started at 132 and am now down to 129. I was wondering if you could take a look at my diet and offer any feedback. I do cardio 2 times a day (hour in the am on the stairmill and an hour in the pm - running on tredmill and stair mill) 6 days a week. Icant seem to lose anymore weight and have already done one clean refeed day. I also drink a gallon and a half a day. Here is my diet...

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites
            Meal 2: 4 oz. Chicken, 1 oz. Walnuts
            Meal 3: protein shake (25g protein, 4 carbs, 1 sugar), 1 Tbsp. Almond butter
            Meal 4: 4 oz. Salmon, green salad w/ 1 Tbsp. Macadamia nut oil or EVOO and vinegar
            Meal 5: 2 eggs and 2 egg whites OR protein shake

Thanks so much, ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

• I feel super bad for not being on here more... its been a long time since i posted..
              ive been grinding out diets, training and preps like crazy and havent been posting much on the board.. im going to try to come back here to contribute

Anyways...Im not totally sure on the weight classes for the MMA but the best advice i can give you about weight is....
              dont be concerned with it.... Look awesome! lean, fit, hard, big, full, tight.. thats all that matters... .condition seems to rule with the fans.. ( people love it!)
              big guys are out there but ripped, full and complete is the way to go.. and if your not a heavy no one really will care... all that matters is that your in kick ass shape

if your not going to the gym now.. you need to really get a good detailed plan implemented with diet, cardio and trainining all layed out and some consistant follow up... that would be my advise.. probably not something you can do through message boards....you can drop me an email at [email protected]
              thanks again for posting everyone who has been posting on the thread... much appreciated
              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• is there anyone that could help me get started with bodybuilding?

Comment

• I am 17 years old and 198lbs. I have been trying to getr bigger for a while I just want the truth and I need something to start off on that will get me to my goal of being bigger and stronger. I have been doing Greg Plitt workouts for a month now and I like doing those workouts and I feel like they will make me bigger. But I dont understand certain stuff in bodybuilding. Alex I would hope that you could get me started off on the right foot to get stronger more toned and lose fat and what not please I need help.

Comment

• Hey my name is miguel, im just about done with my fat loss diet and getting ready to put some muscle on. im confused on what workouts i should be doing in order to keep growing consistently. on md's magazine bodybuilders give training excercises that they do. wouldnt your body get used to that and plateau over a period of time. If it does, how do i keep my body from plateauing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• Apologies 4 being off-topic im not sure where to post as i cant create my own lol, i was wondering if anybody knows where to buy muscle fx : hydrobolic fx

UK location/sites ?

Comment

• I'm having uneven back development. My left lat is noticeably smaller than my right. I do not know if there is built up scar tissue, although i do not think there is. What can i do to bring that left side up? Why are they developing differently?

Comment

• I did a clean bulk all through summer and i still start cutting in november. should i take a fat burner, fish oils, test to help me cut the weight off? and will it be fast? thank you.

Comment

• How do i post? their is no option to make new thread?

Thanks

And im new here , great to meet you all

Comment

• Hey, I've just gotten back into lifting and doing cardio after taking about 6 months off after what I think was a pulled muscle in my back. I'm 24 yrs old, about 5'10", and weigh about 180 lbs. When I was lifting regular I weighed around 175, and stopped to start boxing for almost 2 years. I dropped down to 165 while boxing. When I hurt my back I gained about 15 lbs of fat... a problem I never had before even when I took time off. Anyway, I'm struggling to get the gut off. I do sit ups, run a couple miles twice a week, and lift light weights 2-3 times a week. (After this semester of school, I plan on going back to 5 days a week) I was shredded a couple years ago and was lifting heavy. Do I need to go back to heavy lifting? Or should I just change my diet. I would liked to get lean and ripped, but I feel like I'm turning into a fat ass. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by lawlifter View Post
                                Hey, I've just gotten back into lifting and doing cardio after taking about 6 months off after what I think was a pulled muscle in my back. I'm 24 yrs old, about 5'10", and weigh about 180 lbs. When I was lifting regular I weighed around 175, and stopped to start boxing for almost 2 years. I dropped down to 165 while boxing. When I hurt my back I gained about 15 lbs of fat... a problem I never had before even when I took time off. Anyway, I'm struggling to get the gut off. I do sit ups, run a couple miles twice a week, and lift light weights 2-3 times a week. (After this semester of school, I plan on going back to 5 days a week) I was shredded a couple years ago and was lifting heavy. Do I need to go back to heavy lifting? Or should I just change my diet. I would liked to get lean and ripped, but I feel like I'm turning into a fat ass. :/
                                Diet is the key and adding more training without that being in order won't get you there.
                                Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

Comment

Working...
                                X