This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam McVey View Post
    by the way ......weight gainers are great for people with fast metabolisms and for a post workout treat!!!!
    I was looking at that one too... they are not NECESSARY by any means, but they're a good way of saving time if you're in a rush and need to take in some carbs and fat with protein... just obviously take them in moderation

Comment

Awesome post Tim! Great advice

Comment

Tim Knows his shit my friends.

He advocates an almost identical off season eating plan as I would.

Keep in mind that Tim has been in the sport a long time and offers strong solid advise, beginners, pay attention.
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

That was excellent advice. I agree with everything in the post for the most part.

Comment

How many meals do I eat in a day ?? how do I space them out ?? I have heard tha the professional body builders have 6 meals a day.

Comment

Hey guys! I just had a quick question for anybody that could help me. I'm a Diabetic and have been training for close to two years now. I've been looking for some good supplements that would work for me and am currently thinking about trying out Nutrex's Mass xplosion. Is this product even worth my time? also, has anybody tried Anabolic pump? if so, does it work like the ads says it does? thanks!
              Live Every Moment To The Fullest, Cause In A Second It Will Be Gone

Comment

i'm in the same boat being diabetic, but i've only been lifting for about a year. Only supps I've found very helpful are whey protein, and creatine as well as a fat burner for the morning workouts. Most other things seem to have too much sugar in them for me. Also, i'll sometimes cycle my diet to be low carb for a month or two and that seems to cut back on the fat gaining as i'm lifting for strength.
                Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Yeah, So far I've only tried a couple fat burners and Whey protein. The only problem with fat burners for me is I have a low tolerance for caffeine. Otherwise, I was thinking of trying some creatine but I've heard good and bad things about it. Right now I'm holding about 10% bodyfat at 195 lbs. My goal is to get up to 205-210 with only about 8-9% bodyfat. But it's hard being natural and putting on good size without gaining too much excess weight. That's not a bad idea going low carb for a month or so. I usually just keep my diet clean, usually only eating about 100-120 carbs a day. If I start cutting my carbs for too long I lose strength which sucks. what kinda training split are you doing?
                  Live Every Moment To The Fullest, Cause In A Second It Will Be Gone

Comment

GREAT INFO!!! I just made my Hopefully life changing decision to lift yesterday and was/still am looking as to how I will go about doing it.. My first misconception that you cleared up was the weight gainer mix I just bought from GNC... guess Il be taking that back before I break the seal...lol I hope to become very active in the forum, hopefully learning everything I should as I know absolutely nothing about gaining weight or lifting in that matter. If anyone has any help/tips etc... please do not hesitate to contact me.

Comment

I think you got the bascis down
                      "Push Harder"

Comment

I just found this thread. I need to bookmark the URL for this post and give it to all my online buddies who constantly ask me these very questions. You train to compete in one bodybuilding contest and suddenly all your friends think you are the expert....LOL.

Comment

wow i agree with all that i see, one question what about the programme for the mesomorph person, i'm 5'10, 268lbs and looking to cut down especially this belly, workout bout 4times a week and eat alot of boil food.

Comment

Do fiber carbs count?

Comment

Great post and Great community!

I am fairly noob and have questions:
                              1) What is a barbell press? I searched google and there are many variations of this. which one?
                              2)Barbell vs Dumbell any thoughts? Could these exercises be one or it's equivalent other?

Comment

Protein

I weigh 227lbs at 6'2". What should I be doing for my meal plan? I dont really need to put on bulk, I want to put on some more mass but I really want to cut, what should I do?

Comment

Working...
                                X