X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff man

Comment

so would this meal plan still be ideal for someone trying to loose the weight? Would it just be a factor of increasing the cardio to balance things out?

Comment

wow the original post sorta hit home. a little hard. btw, weight gainer drinks dont work for me. all they do is add belly fat.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobie snack View Post
          wow the original post sorta hit home. a little hard. btw, weight gainer drinks dont work for me. all they do is add belly fat.
          Actually, weight gainer drinks do not make you gain belly fat. The overall layout of your calories and what you are eating regularly is.

I use a weight gainer and it works perfect, mainly because I already know what I will eat for the entire day. The gainer's only purpose is to make sure that I get all that I need, or to bump up the calories a notch to start new growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider Fernandes View Post
            How many meals do I eat in a day ?? how do I space them out ?? I have heard tha the professional body builders have 6 meals a day.
            at least 6 meals per day

Comment

Great article Tim!!

Originally posted by Timski View Post
              Bodybuilding for Beginners Part 1
              By Tim Wescott

If you are thinking about embarking on a fitness or bodybuilding program, here are a few pointers you should know before you begin.

1.Consult your physician, especially if you are really out of shape or extremely overweight.)
              2.Set realistic fitness goals and record them in a notebook.
              3.Start off slowly.
              4.Stick to the basics.
              5.Commit to your program.
              6.Weigh yourself and take measurements
              7. Build a foundation (don't be tempted to follow an advanced routine, you will eventually get there if you are patient.)

Following this advice will be very helpful in the long run.

Lets begin with a program for the extremely underweight person. These are the people who can eat just about anything without gaining a pound. If you fall into this category you know how frustrating it can be to put on a single pound of muscle.
              Don't be fooled into believing some ad in a muscle book telling how you can get huge muscles almost
              overnight with very little effort.

You must work hard, stick to the basics, and eat more quality muscle building foods.

There are 3 basic different body types and some people have certain characteristics of all 3.

Let's review them and then design a program for all 3 types.

1. Ectomorph-Extremely thin with a very fast metabolism.
              2. Mesomorph-Athletically built and usually classified as an easy gainer.
              3. Endomorph- Usually overweight ,with a very slow metabolism.

We'll start with the Ectomorph.

Day #1
              Upper body: Here are the exercises we'll be using, DON'T DEVIATE FROM THIS--Bench Press-3sets of 8 reps,
              Barbell Row-3 sets of 8 reps
              Barbell Press - 3 sets of 8reps
              Barbell Curls-3 sets of 8 reps
              Triceps Pressdowns 3 sets of 8 reps

Lowerbody:
              Squats-3 sets of 8,10,12, reps.
              Leg Extensions-3 sets of 10 reps
              Calf Raises-5 sets of 10-25 reps
              Crunches- 4 sets of 20 reps

And that's it.

The reason I stress not adding any other exercises to this routine is because, being extremely under weight you do not want to overwork, and you must conserve energy to re-build the torn down muscle tissue.

Now the matter of what to eat to feed those injured muscles. I would recommend eating every 3 hours or so. I know from personal experience this might not seem possible, but you must try to eat at least a little more until your body becomes acclimated to the new food intake.

We no longer label our 3 meals as breakfast , lunch, and dinner, because we will be eating at least 5 but preferably 6 meals a day., and they are now known as meals 1 - 6.

Ready?

Here goes :
              Meal # 1:
              4 whole eggs
              2 slices wholegrain toast
              1 banana
              8oz. fat free milk.

Meal # 2:
              1 can tuna on wholegrain bread with low fat mayo
              1 green salad with low-fat,low-sugar dressing
              1 orange
              8 oz. fat free milk

Meal # 3:
              Protein shake 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder
              2 whole eggs 1 scoop of ice cream
              1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal# 4:
              Steak, chicken, or fish
              1 baked potato
              1 cup fibrous vegetables
              8 oz. fat free milk.

Meal# 5:
              1 chicken breast
              1 cup veggies
              1 Tbsp. olive oil

Meal # 6:
              Another protein shake
              1 Tbsp. natty Peanut butter

That should be enough for starters as you will probably have a hard time eating this amount.

Your workouts will be as follows:

Upperbody on Mon.& Thurs., lowerbody on Tues. and Fri. Rest on the
              other three days,keep outside activities to a minimum so as not to burn excess calories needed to build muscle.

If you find this diet too much to consume slowly make an effort to eat just a little more all the time. Also Get As Much Goog SOUND Sleep As You Can to aid in recovery.

Drink a minimum of a at least a gallon of water every day.

Now on to the Endomorph:

I would offer the same advice to them also except do 3 days of low intensity cardio just for your endurance and to keep fat gain to minimum. Mind you this is only a temporary routine.

IOnward to our Mesomorphic friends:

Same routine ,different diet, and 4 to 5 days of cardio of your choice.

I recommend walking on the treadmill. As you get in better shape increase duration, but start off at 20 minutes slowly building up to 30-45 minutes. If this seems like a lot of work it is but as I tell my clients if you can't stay motivated ,stand naked in front of a full length mirror, if you don't like what you see this should be motivation enough. I will go a lot deeper into fat loss but here we are just beginning.

The diet:
              Meal # 1:
              7 egg whites cooked in non-fat cooking spray
              1 whole egg
              1/2 cup oatmeal with sugar substitute (no milk)
              water

Meal # 2:
              Protein shake in water - 2 scoops

Meal # 3:
              1 can of tuna
              1 plain baked potato
              1 small salad with lemon juice or vinegar
              water

Meal # 4.:
              5 oz. chicken breast (no skin)
              1/2 cup brown rice ( I recommend Success Boil In Bag )
              1/2 cup steamed broccoli
              water

Meal # 5:
              1 can tuna
              Large green salad with vinegar
              water

Meal #6:
              Protein shake in water
              1 Tbsp. olive oil

That's it.

Now here are some helpful tips to avoid hunger pangs and binging.

1-Eat your food slowly,
              2-Always drink at least a gallon of water a day. There are a lot of good reasons for doing this but for you it will create a sensation of fullness.
              3-If you must eat something ,pick a healthy low calorie snack, such as raw veggie cakes, fat free yogurt, salad, etc.

Now for some does and don'ts for all 3 body types............let's get to the Don'ts first:
              Don't eat junk
              Don't forget water
              Don't miss workouts
              Don't deviate from this routine
              Don't slack off.

Now for the Do's:
              Do train hard
              Do be consistent
              Do stick to your your diet
              Do add weight to the bar when possible
              Do use good form

Oh yeah and I forgot one more don't:

DON'T QUIT!!!!!
              basskilleronline.com

Comment

Thank you very much, you really helped

Comment

quick question

i just started this program. just curious how long should i stick to it? 6 months or so. and when i switch it up should i go to a more regular workout like 3 sets per bodypart routine?? thanks

Comment

Ice cream and eggs?
                    Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

I just had a quick question about the cardio, I'm a manager at a retail store and I do a shit ton of walking each day, nothing to strenuous, could I consider that my cardio for the day?

Comment

^^^
                        do you constantly walk?
                        does the walking elevate your heart rate to about 65%MHR for at least 30 minutes?
                        if it doesn't, i don't think you can consider it cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jester View Post
                          I just had a quick question about the cardio, I'm a manager at a retail store and I do a shit ton of walking each day, nothing to strenuous, could I consider that my cardio for the day?
                          Yeah a friend of mine goes up and down ladders all day and workout but are still fat so they need to do an actual cardio session.

Some people need less cardio than others too

http://www.myspace.com/physiqueseminar
                          Dream big and work hard!

Comment

You all have given really great advice here...I have been working out for about 6 years and have seen pretty good results. This summer my friends have decided to jump on the exercise wagon and want me to drive. I know what works for me, but am not sure if I can "train" them. With that said, I woud like to get some sort of trainng certification. Any suggestions as to the best???

Comment

By Tim Wescott

If you are thinking about embarking on a fitness or bodybuilding program, here are a few pointers you should know before you begin.

1.Consult your physician, especially if you are really out of shape or extremely overweight.)
                              3.Start off slowly.
                              4.Stick to the basics.
                              7. Build a foundation (don't be tempted to follow an advanced routine, you will eventually get there if you are patient.)

Lets begin with a program for the extremely underweight person. These are the people who can eat just about anything without gaining a pound. If you fall into this category you know how frustrating it can be to put on a single pound of muscle.
                              Don't be fooled into believing some ad in a muscle book telling how you can get huge muscles almost

You must work hard, stick to the basics, and eat more quality muscle building foods.

There are 3 basic different body types and some people have certain characteristics of all 3.

Day #1
                              Upper body: Here are the exercises we'll be using, DON'T DEVIATE FROM THIS--Bench Press-3sets of 8 reps,

Lowerbody:

And that's it.

The reason I stress not adding any other exercises to this routine is because, being extremely under weight you do not want to overwork, and you must conserve energy to re-build the torn down muscle tissue.

Now the matter of what to eat to feed those injured muscles. I would recommend eating every 3 hours or so. I know from personal experience this might not seem possible, but you must try to eat at least a little more until your body becomes acclimated to the new food intake.

We no longer label our 3 meals as breakfast , lunch, and dinner, because we will be eating at least 5 but preferably 6 meals a day., and they are now known as meals 1 - 6.

Ready?

Here goes :
                              Meal # 1:
                              4 whole eggs
                              1 banana
                              8oz. fat free milk.

Meal # 2:
                              1 orange
                              8 oz. fat free milk

Meal # 3:
                              1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal# 4:
                              Steak, chicken, or fish
                              1 baked potato
                              1 cup fibrous vegetables
                              8 oz. fat free milk.

Meal# 5:
                              1 chicken breast
                              1 cup veggies
                              1 Tbsp. olive oil

Meal # 6:
                              Another protein shake

That should be enough for starters as you will probably have a hard time eating this amount.

other three days,keep outside activities to a minimum so as not to burn excess calories needed to build muscle.

If you find this diet too much to consume slowly make an effort to eat just a little more all the time. Also Get As Much Goog SOUND Sleep As You Can to aid in recovery.

Now on to the Endomorph:

I would offer the same advice to them also except do 3 days of low intensity cardio just for your endurance and to keep fat gain to minimum. Mind you this is only a temporary routine.

I recommend walking on the treadmill. As you get in better shape increase duration, but start off at 20 minutes slowly building up to 30-45 minutes. If this seems like a lot of work it is but as I tell my clients if you can't stay motivated ,stand naked in front of a full length mirror, if you don't like what you see this should be motivation enough. I will go a lot deeper into fat loss but here we are just beginning.

The diet:
                              Meal # 1:
                              1 whole egg
                              water

Meal # 2:

Meal # 3:
                              1 can of tuna
                              1 plain baked potato
                              water

Meal # 4.:
                              1/2 cup steamed broccoli
                              water

Meal # 5:
                              1 can tuna
                              water

Meal #6:
                              Protein shake in water
                              1 Tbsp. olive oil

That's it.

1-Eat your food slowly,
                              2-Always drink at least a gallon of water a day. There are a lot of good reasons for doing this but for you it will create a sensation of fullness.
                              3-If you must eat something ,pick a healthy low calorie snack, such as raw veggie cakes, fat free yogurt, salad, etc.

Now for some does and don'ts for all 3 body types............let's get to the Don'ts first:
                              Don't eat junk
                              Don't forget water
                              Don't miss workouts
                              Don't slack off.

Now for the Do's:
                              Do train hard
                              Do be consistent
                              Do use good form

DON'T QUIT!!!!!
                              that is great advice tim i just started training and your advice is really helpful!!

Comment

By Tim Wescott

3.Start off slowly.
                                4.Stick to the basics.

Day #1

Lowerbody:

And that's it.

Ready?

Here goes :
                                Meal # 1:
                                4 whole eggs
                                1 banana
                                8oz. fat free milk.

Meal # 2:
                                1 orange
                                8 oz. fat free milk

Meal # 3:
                                1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal# 4:
                                Steak, chicken, or fish
                                1 baked potato
                                1 cup fibrous vegetables
                                8 oz. fat free milk.

Meal# 5:
                                1 chicken breast
                                1 cup veggies
                                1 Tbsp. olive oil

Meal # 6:
                                Another protein shake

Now on to the Endomorph:

The diet:
                                Meal # 1:
                                1 whole egg
                                water

Meal # 2:

Meal # 3:
                                1 can of tuna
                                1 plain baked potato
                                water

Meal # 4.:
                                1/2 cup steamed broccoli
                                water

Meal # 5:
                                1 can tuna
                                water

Meal #6:
                                Protein shake in water
                                1 Tbsp. olive oil

That's it.

1-Eat your food slowly,

Don't eat junk
                                Don't forget water
                                Don't miss workouts
                                Don't slack off.

Now for the Do's:
                                Do train hard
                                Do be consistent
                                Do use good form

DON'T QUIT!!!!!
                                Let me just start off by saying hello to all because im a newbie on this forum and i love it already,i read what tim has wrote here but i was wondering what should i do.
                                Im a endomorph with type 2 diabetis(i only take pills 1 time a day) what should my diet consist of ? I train 3 days a week mon,wed,friday ive been at the gym for 6 weeks now. 1st 2 weeks i went easy 2 days a week and 3 and 4th week i went 3 days like im doing now. ive totally changed all my bad eating habits from my diet. i drink 3 to 4 1.5 liters of water during a 10 hour work day with freshly squeezed lemon in my 20oz cup

meal#1 8:00 am
                                3egg whites 2 ww toast
                                3 20oz cups of water with fresh lemon squeezed

meal#2 11:00am
                                protein shake 2 scoops with 1 banana (monstor milk)
                                dry roasted cashews 8oz

meal#3 2:00pm
                                fresh salad with grilled chicken low fat sugar free yogurt dressing
                                maple turkey with mustard on 1 slice of whole wheat bread

meal#4 5pm
                                protein shake 2 scoops with 1 banana
                                dry roasted cashews 8oz

work out is at 6pm 2 16oz bottles of water
                                ends at 8pm
                                protein shake with banana

meal#6 9:00pm
                                broiled fish,chicken or steak
                                steamed veggies,or salad
                                another 3 20oz water with fresh lemon

bed time 10:00
                                wake up 7:00am start all over again

what do you think about my diet? i weighed 232 when i set foot into the gym on may 27th i weighed my self on june 29th im 237,my pants size has dropped from a 38 to a 34 which i was very suprised. i also take 2 multi vitamins in the morning before leaving the house for work along with my other medication. does anyone have some suggestions please feel free to comment i could use the help
                                thanks
                                moe

Comment

Working...
                                X