X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice!

Comment

Hey guys I'm starting my gym membership tomorrow and want to lose weight and also get bulky. Not to worried about a 6 pack just want to have big arms and everything. I'm about 350 now but wanna be heathy and not look fat. So what do I start with what kind of workouts and how to keep focused.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by gorillabilla View Post
        Hey guys I'm starting my gym membership tomorrow and want to lose weight and also get bulky. Not to worried about a 6 pack just want to have big arms and everything. I'm about 350 now but wanna be heathy and not look fat. So what do I start with what kind of workouts and how to keep focused.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did you read through this thread at all?

Comment

I am 5'8'' 225 pounds a bit of stomach, i am wondering should i get down to the ideal weight and build back to to achieve "The Look" or keep on grinding?

Comment

Originally posted by The Student View Post

4) How often should I lift?

Train each body part ONCE A WEEK! That's it. Train no more than 4 days a week. On the other days, eat, sleep, drink water and be happy.

5) I want to gain weight and get my six pack.

I saw this one today. This is a misnomer. You can either gain weight or get a six pack. You are going to have to choose. You really can't have the best of both worlds. In order to get big, you have to take in more calories than are required for maintenance. To cut, you must ingest less calories than maintenance while keeping protein high to prevent muscle loss. Of course once you have built size you can then work on getting cut.

Great post, but I have to say numbers 4 & 5 are my enemies lol I am always wanting to gain weight and it sucks to see the abs go first. When it comes to working out only 4 times a week, despite the fact that I know that is the best, I am obsessed with being in the gym haha I do have to say though, when people want to build a certain body part, the first thing they ask is if they should train it 3 times a week! I am blown away by all of the people that try to tell them to do it because you cannot overtrain. Such garbage and glad you laid this one to rest for everyone!

Comment

Im working out 6 days a week, and going broke eating...

Comment

Hi, great advise in here. Just a question. As an absolute noob, wouldn't they be better off running a full body basic lifts program 3 times a week to learn the exercises, then moving to an Upper body, Lower body, Upper body, Lower body split. Then moving to the "standard 4 day per week" Legs, Chest/Tris, Back, Shoulder/Bi's routine? Thanks.

Comment

I do five days a week: chest day, back day, shoulder day, leg day, and arm day. But the articles talked about strengthening the core, yet I did not see specific exercises for it (or I missed them, which I readily admit could have happened). Any tips on how to strengthen my core so I do not hurt my back?
                  SARMS Info Thread by SarmsSearch Use SHREDMD30 for 30% off!

Comment

I have been doing Bi's/shoulders one day, Chest/Tri's another day, and Back on another. If I really want to build up my shoulders should I split things up and do them on their own day instead of combining them? Same with other muscle groups like chest?

Comment

• I stress not adding any other exercises to this routine is because, being extremely under weight you do not want to overwork, and you must conserve energy here to re-build the torn down muscle tissue.

Comment

• This thread has some really helpful tips. Thanks to the guys who posted those long ones. Only question I want to follow up on is should I start with a smaller diet if I'm trying to cut down my weight before building muscle? I'm a biggun, 5'11" and 240lb and I really want to get down by about 40 pounds for my health. Or would it be better for me to focus on these basics and let my body work off the fat while I work on building muscle?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeardedFitness View Post
                          This thread has some really helpful tips. Thanks to the guys who posted those long ones. Only question I want to follow up on is should I start with a smaller diet if I'm trying to cut down my weight before building muscle? I'm a biggun, 5'11" and 240lb and I really want to get down by about 40 pounds for my health. Or would it be better for me to focus on these basics and let my body work off the fat while I work on building muscle?
                          Check out the diet plans at this site: http://custommealplanner.com/
                          My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

This thread has some really helpful tips. Thanks to the guys who posted those long ones. Only question I want to follow up on is should I start with a smaller diet if I'm trying to cut down my weight before building muscle? I'm a biggun, 5'11" and 240lb and I really want to get down by about 40 pounds for my health. Or would it be better for me to focus on these basics and let my body work off the fat while I work on building muscle?
                            I would say if you are over 15% body fat dropping some of that excess weight you are carrying would definitely be better idea.
                            The problem with that is the fatter your body gets the less efficient the whole muscle building process becomes and eventually you just end up gaining even more fat compared to actual muscle.

Comment

• Hey,

I've a Question; How about doing YOGA for better breathing. I mean the asanas can really lead to better breathing. whenever I work out my breath took me away, some of the mate in the gym told me to do yoga for that issue should I do that ?? What say..?

Comment

Hey,

I've a Question; How about doing YOGA for better breathing. I mean the asanas can really lead to better breathing. whenever I work out my breath took me away, some of the mate in the gym told me to do yoga for that issue should I do that ?? What say..?
                                What's wrong with your breathing?
                                Also, you don't need to post picture if you uncheck the image options from the menu below the text area.

Comment

Working...
                                X