Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Howdy,
    This is a cool website. I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Houston and I am 35 yoa. I have been out of working out for about 10 years. I have been back in the gym for 3 months now. Ten years ago I was around 215 lbs with a bf of 9%. Due to many different circumstances, I stopped working out and to be blunt, I got fat. In April a Doctor told me my thyroid wasnt working properly and that my cholesterol was off the charts. I started meds for both and changed my diet. I hit the gym one month later and have rekindled my fire for bbing. In April I was 238 lbs with a 38" waist, today I am 181 lbs with a 31" waist.
    So thats my story and thanks for having me. I will try to not ask any stupid newbie questions.

Woah dude you lost so many weights in such a small time.

So, welcome back
    No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

Drastic times called for drastic measures. Of course, getting on thyroid meds helped also. I lift 5 days a week and also run sprints (HIT) everyday after leaving the gym. I had my bodyfat percentage checked two weeks ago and I am at 11%. Im at that tricky stage now where I want to bulk up some, but Im also loving the abs starting to peak back through the skin.

Comment

Welcome aboard bro.....
        Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

welcome to the boards
          Current Prep: KC Golds Classic - 2011

Comment

hey welcome

How have your cholesterol levels improved as you lost weight? Have you gotten them checked recently??

What are your goals now that you have sparked back up your passion for lifting weights?

Comment

In April before the diet my bad cholesterol alone was 286. I know, shocking, isnt it. Last week I donated blood for a blood drive and they checked my cholesterol levels and now my total cholesterol is 229!
              As for my goals, Im not really sure yet. I know for sure that I will keep at it in the gym. My weak spots in my body are my legs. Even when I was big and in good shape ten years ago my legs werent near what my upper body was. I am concentrating on improving them for sure, and probably add more size upper body as well. I have always been and easy gainer and easy loser.

Comment

Working...
              X