Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the pros do a morning and afternoon training in the same day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the pros do a morning and afternoon training in the same day?

Hi everyone, anyone know a good way to schedule a full day training at the gym? Reason I'm asking is I see that many pros do a morning and afternoon gym sessions but how do they time their supps pre and post-workout? I always take a low GI meal one hour before my workout followed by a creatine + amino drink 15 mins before and a high GI snack with creatine and protein shake post-workout. How do I do pre and post meals twice in one day? I understand that I shouldn't train the same muscles twice a day but I was thinking mixing up arms in the morning and legs in the afternoon + switching in back and shoulders every so often.
    Please help me guys, thanks a million.

TEAM MD!
    Old weight: 274 lbs (Dec 27th '07)
    Current weight: 198 lbs (August 25 '09)

Unless you are on steroids, like the pros are, your body does not have the ability to recover quick enough to be able work out twice a day like they do. No, this is not an opinion, this is fact.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Loco View Post
      Unless you are on steroids, like the pros are, your body does not have the ability to recover quick enough to be able work out twice a day like they do. No, this is not an opinion, this is fact.
      This is good to know. I always wondered that too.

Comment

Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen View Post
        This is good to know. I always wondered that too.
        LOL, I hope you're not being sarcastic..heh heh.

Actually, in a very, very brief nutshell (for the newbies and begginers) the workouts in and of themselves dont produce the results. It's a combination of diet and rest AND thr workouts that do. Two parts of that equation is diet and rest, which is called recovery. Some people can train body parts two times a week and get away with it because they recover well enough to break down the muscle again very soon. Others cant. One of the many things that steroids do is aid in recovery. Actually, they speed it up dramaticaly. Unless you have taken your body to it's natural limit and have trained it suffuciently to be able to add enhancements, training twice a day without the use of steroids is the quickest way to overtraining. Period.

Yes..... for all you "pros" and "experienced people" who will no doubt be chiming in, Im very well aware that there is more to this than what I wrote. But Im trying to keep it as simple as possible. Simple facts are simple facts.
        "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Nope....not being sarcastic here. I'm not exactly a beginner but this was a good question from the original poster.

Comment

When I was on a ketogenic diet (high protein/very low carb and fat) I did 50 minutes of cardio in the am and 50 minutes of resistance in the pm. I was totally exhausted and took naps in the am and pm to function. It was misery. The results were decent, but I'm doing a more balanced approach this time around 1/2 cardio daily and about 50 resistance on a balanced diet of protein, carbs, and low fat. Seem to be having good results--and don't need to nap.

Comment

Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen View Post
              Nope....not being sarcastic here. I'm not exactly a beginner but this was a good question from the original poster.
              Word, brutha.

Comment

First off, thanks for the compliments and secondly, thank you all for the quick responses. I just learned something new again. Yeah, makes sense that steroids aid in the recovery process to make this possible. Ok back to my original training routine.
                Old weight: 274 lbs (Dec 27th '07)
                Current weight: 198 lbs (August 25 '09)

Comment

Working...
                X