Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would like a little advice on what I need to work on more (pic/dietlayout/split)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like a little advice on what I need to work on more (pic/dietlayout/split)

I started out about 3 years ago at 6'2" 140lbs. I am now 20 at 6'2" 230lbs.
    I know that I need to really just work on OVERALL size, but I feel like my chest is lagging along with my shoulders.

As you can see, nothing special, but a work in progress always.

I have recently been doing FST-7 style training and my arms went from about 16.5 or so to 17.25 and back has also improved.

My goal is obviously to gain mass.

My diet ATM is as follows:
    Meal 1 - 4 Slices of Low Sodium Bacon, 4 Whole Eggs, 1 English Muffin
    Meal 2 - Shake: 50g Whey, 1/2 Cup Oats, 2tbsp Olive Oil
    Meal 3 - (Preworkout) 8oz. Chicken, 1/2 Cup Brown Rice (Sometimes No Yolk Egg Noodles)
    Meal 4 - (Post Workout) Shake: 75g Whey, 1/2 Cup Oats, 2tbsp Olive Oil
    Meal 5 - 8oz. Cod, 1/2 Cup Brown Rice (Sometimes No Yolk Egg Noodles)
    Meal 6 - Shake: 20g Whey, A small snack of carbs, nothing big but not necesarly perfectly clean always.
    Meal 7 - 8oz. Beef (Usually 97/3 Ground Beef or Strip Steak), 1/2 Cup Rice (Sometimes No Yolk Egg Noodles, or Whole Wheat Pasta)
    Meal 8 - 2 to 4 tbsp Natty PB

My Training split is:
    Arms
    Legs
    Off
    Chest/Abs
    Back/Calves
    Shoulders/Traps

Any help/advice/criticism you guys have is welcomed and much appreciated.
    Thanks

Welcome to MD!

Bro, you have gained 90 lbs in three years. Well done!

You look balanced. That is good. And it sounds like you are starting to put on real size. I have found it easier to put on size, the bigger I am. I am not sure why.

Are you a nattie? I am guessing you are. If so, good. There are a lot of us here. Before you consider using any chemicals, read the threads thoroughly. There are a lot of really bad side effects from steroid use reported here by the users themselves -- muscle infections, loss of testicle size, the need for permanent hormone replacement therapy after using steroids, etc.

Do you take rest weeks sometimes? I take one every 6 t0 8 weeks, but I am 44. They say if you take a week off every now and then, your natural hormone levels for HGH and Testosterone increase and you have a size surge when you go back to training. You might be able to get away with a rest week every 12 weeks or so.

Your food intake looks great for weight gain / maintenance. Remember the bigger you get, the more food you must eat to stay the same size. So over time as you get bigger, you will need to eat increasingly large amounts of food if you want to continue to gain.

I hope you diet down and lose the fat at least once per year. I didn't and got injured and was so discouraged by how fat I then became, that I delayed returning to weight training far too long (several years total). If I had dieted down each year, I think I would have realized the rewards of my training by seeing my improved muscularity, and would have been more motivated to return sooner. Right now I am in my first ever cutting phase and have lost about 10 lbs in a month. I have another 20 to go to hit my target!

Nowadays, I find that aerobics (karate / kickboxing) in the right amounts, help me recover more quickly from weight training, and keeps me from gaining a lot of fat when on weight gain diet. And if I am not gaining enough weight, I cut back on aerobics.

There are many people here who know a lot more than I do about all of this, and if you keep posting you should be able to get their excellent feedback, too.

Good luck with your weight training!

Comment

Originally posted by woodswise View Post
      Welcome to MD!

Bro, you have gained 90 lbs in three years. Well done!

You look balanced. That is good. And it sounds like you are starting to put on real size. I have found it easier to put on size, the bigger I am. I am not sure why.

Are you a nattie? I am guessing you are. If so, good. There are a lot of us here. Before you consider using any chemicals, read the threads thoroughly. There are a lot of really bad side effects from steroid use reported here by the users themselves -- muscle infections, loss of testicle size, the need for permanent hormone replacement therapy after using steroids, etc.

Do you take rest weeks sometimes? I take one every 6 t0 8 weeks, but I am 44. They say if you take a week off every now and then, your natural hormone levels for HGH and Testosterone increase and you have a size surge when you go back to training. You might be able to get away with a rest week every 12 weeks or so.

Your food intake looks great for weight gain / maintenance. Remember the bigger you get, the more food you must eat to stay the same size. So over time as you get bigger, you will need to eat increasingly large amounts of food if you want to continue to gain.

I hope you diet down and lose the fat at least once per year. I didn't and got injured and was so discouraged by how fat I then became, that I delayed returning to weight training far too long (several years total). If I had dieted down each year, I think I would have realized the rewards of my training by seeing my improved muscularity, and would have been more motivated to return sooner. Right now I am in my first ever cutting phase and have lost about 10 lbs in a month. I have another 20 to go to hit my target!

Nowadays, I find that aerobics (karate / kickboxing) in the right amounts, help me recover more quickly from weight training, and keeps me from gaining a lot of fat when on weight gain diet. And if I am not gaining enough weight, I cut back on aerobics.

There are many people here who know a lot more than I do about all of this, and if you keep posting you should be able to get their excellent feedback, too.

Good luck with your weight training!
      Thanks man, it been a little rough at time!

Yeah the past year I've been really making gains. Could be diet, or the fact my body is maturing more.

I've dabbed with a couple OTC PH's, but that's aboot it.

No, but I probably should. Never really thought about it, but it is probably a good idea.

Yeah, I'd like to eat a little more, but without a job ATM, it's hard.

Yessir, I cut every once in a while, but not to like 5% or anything, just to get rid of a little bulk.

Thanks man, I belong to a couple other forums, and this one seems to have the most "real world" bodybuilding experience, and figured itd be a good place to inquire some advice.

Thanks again though, really appreciate such a detailed post.

Comment

if you want just mass you need to update the diet bro looking it over an example

ml 1- 10-12 egg whites 2 whole eggs and 3/4 cup oats
        ml 2-12-14 oz chicken breast or fish or steak,8-10 oz sweet potato
        ml3-same as 2
        ml3-also same
        pwo-shake some carbs
        post wo shake
        ml 5- 12-14oz steak potatos and large salad
        ml-6 10-12 egg whites 2 whole eggs some greens

alot of food but if clean quality meals good hard work outs,it will pay off forget the whole abs thing.when you bulk focus on a clean bulk,when you diet cycle your carbs as in
        day 1 50-75 carbs med fats high protien
        day 2 same
        day 3 200-300 carbs same on fat and protien.

it's rough but you will rid the fat and keep the muscle if you do your cardio right
        There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
        - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by robert c View Post
          if you want just mass you need to update the diet bro looking it over an example

ml 1- 10-12 egg whites 2 whole eggs and 3/4 cup oats
          ml 2-12-14 oz chicken breast or fish or steak,8-10 oz sweet potato
          ml3-same as 2
          ml3-also same
          pwo-shake some carbs
          post wo shake
          ml 5- 12-14oz steak potatos and large salad
          ml-6 10-12 egg whites 2 whole eggs some greens

alot of food but if clean quality meals good hard work outs,it will pay off forget the whole abs thing.when you bulk focus on a clean bulk,when you diet cycle your carbs as in
          day 1 50-75 carbs med fats high protien
          day 2 same
          day 3 200-300 carbs same on fat and protien.

it's rough but you will rid the fat and keep the muscle if you do your cardio right
          I agree I need to start eating larger quantities of meat at each meal, it's just hard ATM with not having a job (with affording it, not preparing) and being in school. But I'm trying. I've grown extremely tired of rice, so I'm gonna give sweet potatoes a shot starting in... 30 min, just picked some up.
          Egg whites will be hard, because I hate them, but like you said, it'll pay off.
          Believe me, not worried about the abs, haha. I just started doing a little work maybe once a week to help I guess you could say "develop" them more, since they feel extremely neglected.

Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
          X