Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Tips on not looking Flat during contest prep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on not looking Flat during contest prep?

hey guys. Any tips or suggestions on not looking "flat" during a contest prep? Im currently at about 20 weeks out from my first show (OCB Presidential Cup), and I almost noticed immediately that I looked way flatter than during my bulk. I know I have limited my supply of glycogen to muscles, but it gets annoying looking flat...unless I'm in the gym of course...thanks

I would say you answered your own question; "I know I have limited my supply of gycogen to muscles"

Comment

This is a good thread, I was hoping to see more comments
      Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
      F.I.T. Corps

Comment

Well you may want to play with your macros to see how you react, especially being this far out, maybe your carbs are too low and your fats are too high. Check your protein levels, but of course during prep there are going to be a lot of periods where you are flat, but that is what happens during the fat burning process, or you may need a re-feed day to help replenish your glycogen storage in the muscles and to help boost the metabolism, just a few thoughts.
        AAEFX Board Rep....www.aaefx.com

Comment

Good luck at your show bro! I'm doing the OCB Bay State Never Surrender in just over 10 weeks...one of my friend's was actually laughing at how I look lean during the day and as soon as I touch a weight all my veins POP and she says I look like a monster. It's amazing how the body works

Comment

you're always going to be flatter than during a bulk, so don't compare offseason "fullness" (or fatness) to fullness at 3 weeks out

are you cycling carbs at all? keto?
            MorphogenNutrition.com
            Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

yea i am cycling carbs throughout the week. No way am I doing Keto....but I do have a refeed day with Legs..

Comment

as has already been said in this thread...don't expect to look "full" like off season full throughout your whole diet. Don't know how "off season" your shape is, but I've heard, and agree, that you may look worse for a time when you begin dieting before you look better.....fat and flat never looks good.Also play with your macros
                Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Comment

whenever i find myself looking too flat i like to throw in a cheat meal on either one of my off days or on a day where i train one of my weaker body parts. This helps me feed my muscles and seeign that i have a fast metabolism, really helps my energy levels. but like others have said, your never going to look as full as offseason while your carbs are dropped.

Comment

It is not what you look like during the prep....it's how you look at the end of the prep. Don't expect off season type fullness while dieting, but you should see a noticeable difference on your higher carb days in regards to fullness, vascularity, ability to achieve a pump, etc. Also, make sure you are keeping sodium and H2O high throughout...huge players in keeping a full appearance.
                    " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

All great answers here! Look at more concrete factors like your workout intensity, pumps, etc... if you can still train hard then you will be fine... too many competitors are afraid of getting "small" while they diet for a show, and is often the reason they don't show up in shape (I know b/c I did myself... several times!), also look at your weight loss, are you losing more than 2 lb. per week? unless you are obese, this is too much to lose too quickly, you could probably up the carbs a bit
                      http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

Working...
                      X