Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt so I bought some karbolyn in the mean time until your formula comes out. I did 50g with 20g eaa and glutamine intra workout. I had 2 ?s

    1: should I take the gda caps with the drink ?

    2. I felt kind of nauseas taking it. Granite I did legs today but wanted ur thoughts if u think it was a blood sugar thibg

    Comment


    • No I meant oats cup after cooked which is like 22 g after fiber or whatever. Also, I thought both sweet potato and reg potato were 5 g/oz?

      Also, I got that cheap rice, one cup in cooked serving is 35 carbs.
      A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
        No I meant oats cup after cooked which is like 22 g after fiber or whatever. Also, I thought both sweet potato and reg potato were 5 g/oz?

        Also, I got that cheap rice, one cup in cooked serving is 35 carbs.

        Ok I assumed it was oats raw, and YAM are 8g per ounce whereas sweet potatoes are 5-6g/ounce (same as white potato)

        Most people confuse sweet potato with YAM --different vegetables (tubers)

        -Matt
        Professional Body Mechanic
        www.MPASUPPS.com

        Comment


        • Ah shit now I don't know if I got sweet potatoes or yams LOL
          A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

          Comment


          • I got sweet potatoes, confirmation. Lol
            A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

            Comment


            • Ok, so with all that being said, I'm already at your recommendation of 200g carbs training, 100 non. Thoughts from there, other than the 10 min increase in cardio and a fat burner? I was thinking of maybe dropping the carbs from my last meal on training days, cutting it to 160ish on training days...
              A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

              Comment


              • Matt if someone is looking at a cut would you reccomend carbs intra workout or no? With fat loss n muscle retention the ultimate goal?

                Ive been doin no carb n mod fat n have stalled n In the past dieted on low fat so if I switched to low fat should I forgo tho intra carbs n just consume Pre n post like oats n rice? Or I can stick with the mod fat no carb except intra workout

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Matt Porter View Post
                  cup (cooked) oats, = 56g carb


                  and 60 grams Karbolyn = 60g carb

                  1 cups white rice =45g car
                  8 oz sweet potato (if this is orange and cooked) = 64g carb

                  8 oz white potato =40g carb

                  Total = 265g

                  Off- days should be 100g

                  -Matt
                  interesting, I get 50 grams carbs from cooked sweet potato (242g-8.5oz), curious what site you get your macros matt, I use two quality websites, with the same numbers.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by smbarney View Post
                    Matt if someone is looking at a cut would you reccomend carbs intra workout or no? With fat loss n muscle retention the ultimate goal?

                    Ive been doin no carb n mod fat n have stalled n In the past dieted on low fat so if I switched to low fat should I forgo tho intra carbs n just consume Pre n post like oats n rice? Or I can stick with the mod fat no carb except intra workout

                    So many variables here....

                    If you hoard fat easily, naturally a fatter person I know your ability to handle insulin is not as efficient as your leaner counter-part.

                    Therefore, in that scenario I would keep carbs POST training.

                    If faster metabolic rate and staying full and muscular is difficult I would shove carbs INTRA workout even while "cutting."

                    -Matt
                    Professional Body Mechanic
                    www.MPASUPPS.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mishag View Post
                      interesting, I get 50 grams carbs from cooked sweet potato (242g-8.5oz), curious what site you get your macros matt, I use two quality websites, with the same numbers.

                      I was referring to yam (orange) not the yellow sweet potato

                      -Matt
                      Professional Body Mechanic
                      www.MPASUPPS.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
                        Ok, so with all that being said, I'm already at your recommendation of 200g carbs training, 100 non. Thoughts from there, other than the 10 min increase in cardio and a fat burner? I was thinking of maybe dropping the carbs from my last meal on training days, cutting it to 160ish on training days...

                        Reduce slightly and see what happens in 7-10 days

                        -Matt
                        Professional Body Mechanic
                        www.MPASUPPS.com

                        Comment


                        • What kind of carb source ? Karolyn or something like jasmine rice? And should that be the only carb meal? I have 2 options or plans I guess.

                          1. 3 whole eggs, 1/2 cup whites, 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
                          eaa intra eworkout
                          2. 60g whey ISo post wotkout
                          3. 8 oz tilapia and 50g carbs
                          4. 8 oz chicken 1/4 cup almonds
                          5. 8 oz turkey 1/4 cup almonds
                          6. 60g whey


                          Or
                          1. 2 whole eggs, 1 cup whites, 1/2 cup oats
                          Eaa intra workout
                          2. 60g whey ISo post
                          3. 8 oz tilapia, 1 cup rice
                          4. 8 oz chichen
                          5. 8 oz turkey
                          6. 60g whey

                          im more endo but can get lean. Just getting on after a long time off. 205-210 about 12 percent body fat. Abs in, not deep n lower back fat. Go babe running test and tren and transition Into mast and tren or open for suggestions.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Matt Porter View Post
                            Reduce slightly and see what happens in 7-10 days

                            -Matt
                            Could u pm me the guys email for the fat burner you referenced earlier? And thank you for your input.
                            A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

                            Comment


                            • Matt,

                              After an early week carb load in final week (tues,wed), when you go back to depleting and say carbs are less than 50 thursday, 0 friday (just aspargus). Do you make sure fats are increased to match total calories you were consuming as before. For instance, if you are at 1900 before carb up tues and wed, when you take carbs out to deplete do u bring fats to match that 1900.

                              Sorry if missed this have read most of this thread

                              Comment


                              • Should also ask related question about the peak weak tuesday and wednesday carb load. If 1900 cals is number going into that, should carb up be kept to 1900 for the day.. say 300 from carbs, 175 from protien 0 fat.

                                Thx

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X