Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Matt and also do you have a recommended protein intake. Obviously the amount of other macros will determine things but if someone is taking in 100 g carbs and 70-80g fat what is a good protein amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by smbarney View Post
      Thanks Matt and also do you have a recommended protein intake. Obviously the amount of other macros will determine things but if someone is taking in 100 g carbs and 70-80g fat what is a good protein amount.
      The amount that lets you lose fat and not lose muscle ....lol

350 -400 grams to be honest --- put you around 2600-2900 calories give or take....

-Matt
      Professional Body Mechanic
      www.MPASUPPS.com

Comment

• Originally posted by conjugalburns View Post
        I've been off my SSRI for about 2 months and have slight issues with cheating not by much, but my emotions have been out of wack haha. Did this as an experiment though, because when I was taking it eating the same way I am now I was roughly 260 whereas now I am 238-240.
        There are many like you and I that I know. Maybe this Justin is an exception? I was on Effexor XR. Competed [soft] @ 196lbs. The year I came off few month prior to stage 194.5lbs little tighter. Now been off of it for a few years and will probably be around 190-192lbs for weigh-ins next month, already WAAAAAAY harder & leaner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Porter View Post
          Why run and risk joint pain or hip discomfort etc...? You get pretty beat up during prep and the heavier the guy/girl is the harder abrupt activities will be for the body.

I want to minimize joint, ligament, malfunction and not worry about burning someone out too as sprints can be quite taxing....I just want to melt off BF%

Perhaps for some women --- (figure./bikini) I could justify running since their body weight is light and holding fullness is not mandatory.

-Matt
          Agree 100% !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Demonwolf View Post
            There are many like you and I that I know. Maybe this Justin is an exception? I was on Effexor XR. Competed [soft] @ 196lbs. The year I came off few month prior to stage 194.5lbs little tighter. Now been off of it for a few years and will probably be around 190-192lbs for weigh-ins next month, already WAAAAAAY harder & leaner.

I will ask him just to make sure --- exactly what he was on. This kept him very focused and driven to succeed during prep.

Year later --- broke up with GF, No more meds, using hormonal assistance ---- cant get his shit together...

-Matt
            Professional Body Mechanic
            www.MPASUPPS.com

Comment

• MD I just wanted to give Matt a shout out for prepping me for my first competition, dude has been a pleasure to work with and always ready and willing to help out when he can.. Just a overall good guy in my book! again thx matt

Here are a couple of photos and of what me and matt have been working on for the last 7-8 weeks, I'm still 5 weeks out from my show, and I'm feeling really good about were and I am and I know matt will have me peaked and stupid shredded in the up coming weeks!
              Attached Files

Comment

• ^^ delts are sick

Comment

• Hey guys I'm new here. What an amazing read!! Ive read it from the very beginning to end including writing down notes to copy and pasting into my notes on my iPhone.

Matt you seriously have a gift for this and very knowledgeable. I'm currently 5 weeks out from a show. Sitting at 214lbs and last time I checked two weeks ago I was at 6% BF. I would like to post some pics of myself and see what you would do if u were me. I can PM you the details of my "supps". Luckily I stumbled onto this thread before I made a mistake in doing the deplete/carb load.

Comment

• Originally posted by CobraMike View Post
                    Hey guys I'm new here. What an amazing read!! Ive read it from the very beginning to end including writing down notes to copy and pasting into my notes on my iPhone.

Matt you seriously have a gift for this and very knowledgeable. I'm currently 5 weeks out from a show. Sitting at 214lbs and last time I checked two weeks ago I was at 6% BF. I would like to post some pics of myself and see what you would do if u were me. I can PM you the details of my "supps". Luckily I stumbled onto this thread before I made a mistake in doing the deplete/carb load.
                    get 9 more posts, wait for the system to update & you'll be all set to pm.

Comment

• Ok thanks!! How about pics? Am I good to go posting those up?

Comment

• Matt- What are your thoughts on Carb cyclic diets for Carb sensitive individuals(like myself)... Like for non training cardio days(low carb), Chest shoulders arm days(medium carb), and Back and leg day(high carb)...
                        Instagram: Deak007

Comment

• Comment

• You look good Man!... no homo...
                            Instagram: Deak007

Comment

Ok thanks!! How about pics? Am I good to go posting those up?
                              Yep looks like you can :] I don't believe it will let you post a link anywhere

Comment

Look great....you look bigger than 214
                                Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Comment

Working...
                                X