Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking diuretics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Taking diuretics

    First thing you should realize before taking diuretics is if you have more than 5 pounds to lose on them you have screwed up your prep and taking diuretics will help but they are not going to fix the problem. Losing any more than 5 pounds and the water will be pulled out of the muscle and not only will you not be shredded but you will look flat.

    Second thing is you want to drink water on them and leave the fucking salt in, don't over think the diuretic, it knows what to do, you pull salt and water and bingo , flat again and you have wasted your prep.

    Lasix, stupid, the only diuretics I ever use is aldactone and diazide and I guarantee my athletes look dryer that the coach that is pushing other crap.

    Aldactone you never use more that 4 days or you will go.....flat
    Diazide if used more that 2 days awill also make you flat

    Drink water, never stop

    you dont need to use very much

    as soon as you step off the stage you drink pedialyte,

    drink water
    if you have back to back shows you still drink pedialyte and be very careful on the next round
    drink water
    WWW.NoelFuller.com

  • #2
    Man that shit sounds like drinking seawater or something. Scary as hell. Doesn't seem too safe.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't have any experience on this topic but what you laid out seems like a fairly simple protocol to follow. Why is it that so many people either over think and/or over use diuretics?

      Comment


      • #4
        Hopefully most who do shows will follow this and not pass out. Good thread

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
          First thing you should realize before taking diuretics is if you have more than 5 pounds to lose on them you have screwed up your prep and taking diuretics will help but they are not going to fix the problem. Losing any more than 5 pounds and the water will be pulled out of the muscle and not only will you not be shredded but you will look flat.

          Second thing is you want to drink water on them and leave the fucking salt in, don't over think the diuretic, it knows what to do, you pull salt and water and bingo , flat again and you have wasted your prep.

          Lasix, stupid, the only diuretics I ever use is aldactone and diazide and I guarantee my athletes look dryer that the coach that is pushing other crap.

          Aldactone you never use more that 4 days or you will go.....flat
          Diazide if used more that 2 days awill also make you flat

          Drink water, never stop

          you dont need to use very much

          as soon as you step off the stage you drink pedialyte,

          drink water
          if you have back to back shows you still drink pedialyte and be very careful on the next round
          drink water
          Dead on

          Comment


          • #6
            This post is pretty spot on.....
            www.LamarByrdJr.com
            TeamWolf

            Comment


            • #7
              I found myself unable to stand and numb after prejudging taking aldactone, was fine after taking in some salt and fluids. O'Regan had me not drinking water, and I was flat. Looked crazy two days later though. Basically Noel is exact.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the post Noel. Great info.
                Sacrifice is everything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  thank you noel

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
                    First thing you should realize before taking diuretics is if you have more than 5 pounds to lose on them you have screwed up your prep and taking diuretics will help but they are not going to fix the problem. Losing any more than 5 pounds and the water will be pulled out of the muscle and not only will you not be shredded but you will look flat.

                    Second thing is you want to drink water on them and leave the fucking salt in, don't over think the diuretic, it knows what to do, you pull salt and water and bingo , flat again and you have wasted your prep.

                    Lasix, stupid, the only diuretics I ever use is aldactone and diazide and I guarantee my athletes look dryer that the coach that is pushing other crap.

                    Aldactone you never use more that 4 days or you will go.....flat
                    Diazide if used more that 2 days awill also make you flat

                    Drink water, never stop

                    you dont need to use very much

                    as soon as you step off the stage you drink pedialyte,

                    drink water
                    if you have back to back shows you still drink pedialyte and be very careful on the next round
                    drink water
                    Great post Noel, a subject most don't ever want to talk about.
                    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It never made sense to me to cut water and salt on diuretics. I've never personally used them as the only time I've competed I was natural at the time but plan to in the near future and I've always thought it sounded pretty dumb to stop drinking and salting. Good post

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great advice and Noel knows his stuff on this, he helped me last year with Aldactone for a friend and it worked like a charm. Very good guy!
                        2013 British Columbia Heavyweight and Overall Champion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tunnel_vision View Post
                          I don't have any experience on this topic but what you laid out seems like a fairly simple protocol to follow. Why is it that so many people either over think and/or over use diuretics?
                          Noel laid out a moderate, reasonable method to use diuretics and he has some experience with this.

                          I never used diuretics when I competed for over 15yrs + 40 shows , BUT, I never won a major title.
                          I'm not an MD, but my undergrad degree is in chemistry. In brief, I always felt diuretic use was too extreme and things could quickly go bad, big time.

                          I'm sure , plenty of bodybuilders have used diuretics safely and/or been under the direction of a good, experienced trainer , like Noel.
                          In my opinion, doing anything that extreme just to win a bodybuilding contest, is crazy.
                          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Howard View Post
                            Noel laid out a moderate, reasonable method to use diuretics and he has some experience with this.

                            I never used diuretics when I competed for over 15yrs + 40 shows , BUT, I never won a major title.
                            I'm not an MD, but my undergrad degree is in chemistry. In brief, I always felt diuretic use was too extreme and things could quickly go bad, big time.

                            I'm sure , plenty of bodybuilders have used diuretics safely and/or been under the direction of a good, experienced trainer , like Noel.
                            In my opinion, doing anything that extreme just to win a bodybuilding contest, is crazy.
                            noel is a little bit of a clown....but he is right here... no more than 5 lbs ! ! !...anything more will flush water from muscles and will make you flat

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Noel, what dose of Aldactone would you recommend for those 4 days? I'm seeing numbers anywhere from 25mg to 200mg.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X