X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEARD UP
    replied
    Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
    Not at all but I'll be honest since this is bodybuilding and without honesty how else would you know what to work on. I was 23 when I first competed and I did it AFTER I built a competitive physique or at least what I thought was competitive. Trust me, I didnt do it on chicken, fish and rice. Todays nutritional guidance is STRICTLY for competitive dieting and those priciples are somewhat useless in the offseason since fat is the most anabolic of all 3 macros, so I think you see why. I was as high as 197 with a LBM of about 150. However widdling a tree trunk was a lot better than trying to widdle a toothpick. Today guys join a gym and pick a show all in the same day. I know you asked me to work with you and I basically turned you down, which I do more so than not because most newbies are like you, not truly ready. So, for me to take your money would be down right dirty. Now if you want to hire me to build a competitive physique I'll be more than happy to talk terms and take you to your first overall...lol...That being said I suggest using your next few teen years and build some muscle and at 19 be very competitive as a teen then spend another 3 to 5 years building an award winning physique that can compete succesfully in the open against grown men...

Here are two pictures from my first contest. Easy on the mullet....It was in back then....lol

i agree. i see so many kids that compete and every once in a while there is a good one but for the most part, they should be training heavy and eating their asses off at that age. im helping a 20 year old with a show right now and i told him its fine that we do the 2 shows he wants to do but after that no more dieting for a year or 2!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sassy69
    replied
    Spend the time to build -- the shows will always be there but muscle needs time to grow. Its not a competition season, its a lifestyle!

Leave a comment:

• Sassy69
    replied
    Its sort of like a wedding vs a marriage... a show is a little slice in time you spend 4-6 months prepping for. Its the years of lifting that will give you the foundation to be competitive. The whole prep process will cost you some muscle mass and multiple shows has an cumulative effect on your base of mass. If you are starting at a deficit of sufficient mass to have to lose during prep, then you have already lost. This is also a huge gripe I have about women who drop some weight & expect to place high in figure w/ no hitsory of mass building. Spend the time to get a body that already has a solid base with which to prep.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsta
    replied
    Originally posted by BeefBrian View Post
    18. ya i know, young and foolish

Not at all but I'll be honest since this is bodybuilding and without honesty how else would you know what to work on. I was 23 when I first competed and I did it AFTER I built a competitive physique or at least what I thought was competitive. Trust me, I didnt do it on chicken, fish and rice. Todays nutritional guidance is STRICTLY for competitive dieting and those priciples are somewhat useless in the offseason since fat is the most anabolic of all 3 macros, so I think you see why. I was as high as 197 with a LBM of about 150. However widdling a tree trunk was a lot better than trying to widdle a toothpick. Today guys join a gym and pick a show all in the same day. I know you asked me to work with you and I basically turned you down, which I do more so than not because most newbies are like you, not truly ready. So, for me to take your money would be down right dirty. Now if you want to hire me to build a competitive physique I'll be more than happy to talk terms and take you to your first overall...lol...That being said I suggest using your next few teen years and build some muscle and at 19 be very competitive as a teen then spend another 3 to 5 years building an award winning physique that can compete succesfully in the open against grown men...

Here are two pictures from my first contest. Easy on the mullet....It was in back then....lol
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BeefBrian
    replied
    18. ya i know, young and foolish

Leave a comment:

• tammyp
    replied
    sounds like you need a trainer or have to find a new 1. dot give up, it takes awhile to figure it all out.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsta
    replied
    Originally posted by BeefBrian View Post
    well, i just finished my 3rd show. as usual, i sucked. I start my prep good, and then it just hits me, i find myself stuggling to get lean, and then losing muscle. when it comes to bodybuilding iv been so damn dedicated its ridiculous..and to get the results i get..just blows. How does everyone stay so committed when/if they consecutively lose? I was gonna enter Skips essay contest to try for free help...but at this point i feel like iv wasted my time with everything

How old are you?

Leave a comment:

• JetFingerBoy
    replied
    You know, when it comes to dedication there's a few things I think you need to do. 1: Stay motivated! no matter how you place, just remember that everyone starts somewhere, and it takes some people longer than others to achieve their goals! 2: learn from mistakes! This is truly the only way to grow! 3: Keep an open mind to trying new things! speaking from personal experience, we get stuck into doing the same methods, routines, diets, etc... and don't ever change them around and mess with them. If it's broken then fix it. Find a goal, and never stop until you reach it! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• cockmcocks
    replied
    keep doing what you're doing and learn from mistakes. take criticisms as a way to improve oneself.

tink ahead of what you're gonna improve on during your next off-season/comp.

thats all i can advise on you, everybody faces disapoointment at one point of their life, but its the struggle and shear determination that makes a champion.

gdluck

Leave a comment:

• BeefBrian
    started a topic staying committed

staying committed

well, i just finished my 3rd show. as usual, i sucked. I start my prep good, and then it just hits me, i find myself stuggling to get lean, and then losing muscle. when it comes to bodybuilding iv been so damn dedicated its ridiculous..and to get the results i get..just blows. How does everyone stay so committed when/if they consecutively lose? I was gonna enter Skips essay contest to try for free help...but at this point i feel like iv wasted my time with everything
Working...
X