Last week water/sodium/carb/diuretics sheme...some feed back needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week water/sodium/carb/diuretics sheme...some feed back needed

My first post on this board which is really the most informative BB board of all times!!

I'm doing a show on saturday...15th November

Did one on the past weekend and wasn't really satisfied with my conditioning

What i've done for this show was Dave's type of depletion/loading and then the Dyazide sheme....I was ripped in the morning but thru the day my conditioning was getting worse...i refused taking another 1/2 Dyazide since I already had cramps and didn't want to risk.

Show is sheduled for 5 pm Saturday with one stage apperance only...no prejudging

What I was thinking of doing for my upcoming show is as folows..
    MON: 2 gal water; 15 g sodium; 0 carbs
    TUE: same as monday + 25 mg Aldactone
    WED: 1 gal water; 5g sodium; 50 mg Aldactone
    THUS: 1/2 gal; cut the sodium; 50 mg Aldactone + begin carbloading
    FRI: 1/4 gal till 6pm; 0 sodium; 75 mg Aldactone+1/2 Dyazide at 10 pm
    SAT: sips only; 1/2 Dyazide 6am and another 1/2 at 12 pm

what do you guys think of this plan?

What I'm confused about is if I should cut the sodium already on WED?

I used this protocol before and was satisfied with the outcome just a bit flat in my opinion...but what I did was cutting the water Friday morning and taking a whole Dyazide Friday morning and then another whole tab on Saturday morning...I was fine till about 5pm Saturday...and then the worst has come... I had massive cramps in the evening...really bad ones for like 2 hours...lying on the floor with my whole body cramping...at one point I even thought I'm gonna die...

I think the whole Dyazides was an overkill and cutting water and sodium too early..?

So what do you guys think?

Originally posted by myself View Post

I think the whole Dyazides was an overkill and cutting water and sodium too early..?

I didn't have to read anymore of your post other than the above to see what the issue was. The above is a recipe to show up on stage flat and not looking as sharp as you could. I have heard it time and time again over the years not only with guys that do Dave's plan but others, as well.

Skip
    TrueProtein Sponsored Athlete http://www.TEAMSKIP.net

Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

So are you suggesting ditching all the diuretics and just go with water and sodium manipulation?

Comment

I am suggesting that you don't, in any way, dehydrate. If you are hydrated you will be full and dry. Just get lean as hell and if you do that, water won't be anywhere near the issue that you think it will.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by myself View Post
          My first post on this board which is really the most informative BB board of all times!!

I'm doing a show on saturday...15th November

Did one on the past weekend and wasn't really satisfied with my conditioning

What i've done for this show was Dave's type of depletion/loading and then the Dyazide sheme....I was ripped in the morning but thru the day my conditioning was getting worse...i refused taking another 1/2 Dyazide since I already had cramps and didn't want to risk.

Show is sheduled for 5 pm Saturday with one stage apperance only...no prejudging

What I was thinking of doing for my upcoming show is as folows..
          MON: 2 gal water; 15 g sodium; 0 carbs
          TUE: same as monday + 25 mg Aldactone
          WED: 1 gal water; 5g sodium; 50 mg Aldactone
          THUS: 1/2 gal; cut the sodium; 50 mg Aldactone + begin carbloading
          FRI: 1/4 gal till 6pm; 0 sodium; 75 mg Aldactone+1/2 Dyazide at 10 pm
          SAT: sips only; 1/2 Dyazide 6am and another 1/2 at 12 pm

what do you guys think of this plan?

What I'm confused about is if I should cut the sodium already on WED?

I used this protocol before and was satisfied with the outcome just a bit flat in my opinion...but what I did was cutting the water Friday morning and taking a whole Dyazide Friday morning and then another whole tab on Saturday morning...I was fine till about 5pm Saturday...and then the worst has come... I had massive cramps in the evening...really bad ones for like 2 hours...lying on the floor with my whole body cramping...at one point I even thought I'm gonna die...

You do realize Aldactone is an aldosterone inhibitor and is used for that very reason...It takes up to 5 days to become effective and starting it on Tuesday might have been a bit late.

Also Ive seen MANY use Aldactazide THINKING it was aldactone....The difference between Aldactazide and Diazide is they both are attached to a thiazide but Diazide uses triamterine which by itself is all so lovely, and aldactazide uses aldactone.

In the future look into Dyrenium by itself. Its one of 3 truly potassium sparing diuretics but works like a thiazide and not by hormone suppression like aldactone. Youll be quite surprised that it is not used more often.
          TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
          Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM SKIP View Post
            I am suggesting that you don't, in any way, dehydrate. If you are hydrated you will be full and dry. Just get lean as hell and if you do that, water won't be anywhere near the issue that you think it will.

Skip
            I general I would like to agree - but I am in the low 6% range, and am pretty dry in the morning - but I have not yet carbed up. I am no where near full, hard and dry on the abs. My ab reading is about 6mm - so no doubt I have some fat -- but I am sure that since I consume some sodium and some potassium, I need to dehydrate OR maybe someone can calculate the carbs so I dont spill over???? OR - have you heard of using Gyceron (sorry about the spelling) to pull some subcat water into your blood plasma???? I am not trying to be difficult, but for some of us, peaking is very difficult and there must be some way to help us come in hard, dry and full without duiretics and being so thirsty that you want to die the day before the show and the day of the show - and if you have a photo shoot, the day after the show as well. HELP?

Comment

Originally posted by THERICK View Post
              I general I would like to agree - but I am in the low 6% range, and am pretty dry in the morning - but I have not yet carbed up. I am no where near full, hard and dry on the abs. My ab reading is about 6mm - so no doubt I have some fat -- but I am sure that since I consume some sodium and some potassium, I need to dehydrate OR maybe someone can calculate the carbs so I dont spill over???? OR - have you heard of using Gyceron (sorry about the spelling) to pull some subcat water into your blood plasma???? I am not trying to be difficult, but for some of us, peaking is very difficult and there must be some way to help us come in hard, dry and full without duiretics and being so thirsty that you want to die the day before the show and the day of the show - and if you have a photo shoot, the day after the show as well. HELP?

I believe Skip takes Mastercard, Visa and Discover but not sure on the Amex.......LOL.......However on a more serious note, from what David Henry told me about him at the Armed Forces National, hes quite good at what he does!!!
              TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
              Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Originally posted by THERICK View Post
                ....but for some of us, peaking is very difficult and there must be some way to help us come in hard, dry and full without duiretics ....
                I don't think you are being difficult but you do seem to insinuate that it is "easy" for most to come in dry and full but not you. I put a lot of people on stage every year and I don't think it is necessarily "easy" but if you have a solid protocol you just don't need diuretics to come in dry and full.

Read my SkipLoading post in this forum and see if this might fit your situation.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                  I believe Skip takes Mastercard, Visa and Discover but not sure on the Amex.....
                  I take em all, even Diner's Club.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                  X