Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting off rebound that REFUSES to go down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting off rebound that REFUSES to go down...

Ok...how the fawk do you fight off the rebound? I did not pig out immediately after my shows. I had family problems and even didnt eat or sleep for an entire day. Iv gone low carbs for days. Iv lowered sodium. Iv even tapered down some diuretics. NOTHING is taking this shit off. Now granted, its nowhere near as bad as the past (iv gained 40 by the 10 day mark, im only up 25 2wks later)....is it just going to take time? Do i need to put a good amount of fat back on before my body stops hoarding shit? Whats the deal....

I weighed in at 209 last show. Iv gone as high as 234 and iv woken up as low as 226. Now it fluctuates all day long....but the weight will not STAY off. I know im blaoted because my hams and arms are TIGHT and lower back is killing me if i sit in car/stand too long or train back or legs. Pumps are insane tho and im very strong right now...but this cant be a good thing...
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

how quickly did you reintroduce the macros back into your diet?? maybe just bump them up slowly, bump up 30-50 grams of carbs each week until you reach your offseason amounts. Not sure what type of dieting you were doin though. Just keep runnin some lose dose diuretics.... lol hell you know your body better than me, I'd just take it extremely slowly in upping your amounts and keep doing your cardio until your body adjusts. Im sure you probably knew this already though. Pics lookin sharp bro, good work.

Comment

I ran into the same problems in 2007, I bet many guys do.. I just had to wait it out
      www.NJBodybuilding.com www.NPCNewJersey.com

Comment

it just takes your body time to adjust.. i would wake up with very little water in the ankles and then by the time it was night time i had kanckles.. LOL

Comment

Welcome to the world of Aldosterone........
          TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
          Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

I wanna get back into bulking....but its KILLING my ability to really push it....
            IG/Contact: PhilViz
            Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Comment

sounds like you may have cut sodium off too earlly and too much with a possibility that you over-cut water and overused diuretic as well. But I could be wrong as chemicals are NOT in my area of expertise.
              TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
              www.fitcorps.net

Comment

how long has it been now? did u just compete?

have u tried a detox program?

ive had that problem but i eat too much the weeks after my shows, so i know what i do wrong. too many binges of sugar, too many carbs and too much sodium. im sensitive to sodium anyway, so eatign all that salty stuff doesnt help me after shows!

maybe do some low dosages of natural diuetics, like dandelion root.

idk...im far from an expert. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ondrea View Post
                  how long has it been now? did u just compete?

have u tried a detox program?

ive had that problem but i eat too much the weeks after my shows, so i know what i do wrong. too many binges of sugar, too many carbs and too much sodium. im sensitive to sodium anyway, so eatign all that salty stuff doesnt help me after shows!

maybe do some low dosages of natural diuetics, like dandelion root.

idk...im far from an expert. lol.
                  on the bright side.. NICE AVATAR

Comment

Have you tried going back to your contest diet 2-3 weeks out and re-riding your entire protocol out from that point right up until your sodium/water cut & carb up? Maybe try that, but instead of cutting sodium/water, only 1/2 out and then slowly bring yourself back up on carbs, sodium, & water.
                    TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                    www.fitcorps.net

Comment

hoss has a good idea!!

shit, maybe ill do that! im not uncomfotable with lots of water weight but i do feel im holding on to bit 2much still.

thanks kyle!

o and hulk, thank you. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ondrea View Post
                        hoss has a good idea!!

shit, maybe ill do that! im not uncomfotable with lots of water weight but i do feel im holding on to bit 2much still.

thanks kyle!

o and hulk, thank you. :-)
                        Not a problem! I've been there. I think we all have! LOL.

I've honestly gotten so out of control....my problem is that I usually diet 16-20 weeks, then after a show I know I'm going to have to diet again, inevitably, within another 4-6 weeks for something (show, shoot, demo, etc...) that i just go hog wild for a couple weeks.

I think by going back 2, 3, even 4 weeks out from your show and re-acclimating your body to all the clean foods will help you detox. Then, slowly taper week by week until you get to your final week. Instead of a full deplete of carbs, water, sodium (unless you didnt' do this, but it sounds as if you did because of the rebound), just do a partial deplete and instead of a load, slowly start incorporating food/carbs/sodium back into the diet day by day/week by week.
                        TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                        www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Exact symptoms happened to me. Lasted 4 weeks though!!! CANT bent row, CANT squat etc... ham/lowerback and glute spasms/cramps etc..... very upsetting trying to get my off-season started. I finally had to take 4-5 days off from gym and try and normalize, I was soaking up my post workout nutrition like a sponge and paying for it with cramps. Nature of the game.
                          PRIMORDIAL PERFORMANCE

Comment

the rebound effect takes place for approx. 30 days after competition. If you add food back slowly for 4 weeks until you get up to the starting bulk calorie (end of week4) you will be cool. I would not suggest going right to bulking calories right away as this is when then bad side effects can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JDmiami83 View Post
                              the rebound effect takes place for approx. 30 days after competition. If you add food back slowly for 4 weeks until you get up to the starting bulk calorie (end of week4) you will be cool. I would not suggest going right to bulking calories right away as this is when then bad side effects can happen.
                              Wow....30 days? I knew it takes 2-3 months (of gradually increasing your calories the right way) to get your metabolism back on track, but I didn't realize the rebound lasted so long.
                              OFF TOPIC: http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/ot/OT.xml

Comment

Working...
                              X