Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to loose Body fat ONLY!?

Hey All,

I am now officialy in my pre-contest diet. 1 week in, I have lost 2kg. Brilliant! BUT! my body fat percentage stayed the same!!

THis could mean it was fluid? or muscle mass?

My dietitian reckons its the fact I am no longer eating rice and oats, and that the 2kg was from water.

So, when can I finally start loosing body fat?

My daily diet consists of the following ratios:

Protein: 230g - 58%
    Fat: 35g - 8%
    Carbs:105g - 26%
    Fibre: 35g - 8%

Total Grams 400grams

All opinions/suggestions please.

I would say that much is water and some is fat.

When you do figure out how to los fat ONLY...share it with the rest of us. LOL.
    TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
    www.fitcorps.net

Comment

he y bro if ur bodyfat percentaje stayed the same means that right now u need more protein, add 20gr more of it every day and test ur bodyfat in 10days, let me know..

Comment

Originally posted by yaxo View Post
        he y bro if ur bodyfat percentaje stayed the same means that right now u need more protein, add 20gr more of it every day and test ur bodyfat in 10days, let me know..
        No it doesnt, sorry. You cant make a blanket statement like that. He could be 135-145 lbs of lbm and 230 grams protein is sufficent. The problem is his energy sources. 105 grams carbs at the START of his diet, WAY to low, and ONLY 35 grams of fats, that ridiculous. Those are the two problems. Get those up.

You can certainly lose fat only, gotta get your energy sources up and diet slower, 1.5 lbs per week tops. That will be mostly fat.

Unless I know your size I cant give more than that without more information.

Sorry but your dietician is doing you no favors if thats where you are starting your diet. I can tell you that much.

Now, IF, and thats a big IF (becuase you dont mention them), you are employing refeeds, 105 carbs may be a decent ballpark, but your fats are still then WAY to low in my opinion for any size bodybuilder. And your refeeds better be sufficient or you will stall out on this big time.

Good Luck

Ss

Comment

A total of 400 grams? Why on earth are you calculating your daily intake like this? Although, it's ideal if you want to look like your avatar.

Comment

yeh boys went from 73kg to 71kg in 1 week. Still at 13% body fat!

What does refeeds mean? I am already on 3.5 grams of protein for every kilo of weight!!

Our goal is to get down to 6% body fat and under 65kg. Room to add a few more kilos pre-contest.

What shall we do?
            Last edited by musclefactory; November 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Scoobysnacks - if we add more fats and more carbs, what about the extra calories?

Comment

Bro... Just calculate your weight loss to happen slowly (as slowly as possible) like .5 to 1 lb a week and lift as hard as you can during this time. Eat the same way you did to gain mass only less of it. That is how you optimize the LBM loss during weight loss. Oh yeah and the less you do cardio the better. Protect those muscles and let the diet drop the fat....

Comment

IMO to make some more intelligent responses, we need a little more info:

- your current stats
                  - you just started this diet a week ago? What was your diet like before?
                  - What is your training / cardio program to go along w/ this diet?
                  - how far out are you from whatever your target date is?

If you make a sudden change in your diet, e.g. from "normal" to a competition diet or just a more regimented & restricted diet, you can drop water weight. Also it takes more than a week to set up a good fat burning rate (i.e. your body, your diet, your cardio, your training program are all established long enough that your metabolism is cruising very efficiently).

And I gotta ask what is your diet strategy? I'm not familiar w/ the goal of a macro ratio of 58/8/25... Its not keto, and if not keto, too low fats and low carbs and very high proteins aren't going to get you much. If you've never prepped before I'd probably pick something more like 50/25/25 as your base and tweak from there. Also we don't know your total cals - that would be a piece of information that would go w/ knowing your current stats.

Comment

Originally posted by kfisherx View Post
                    Bro... Just calculate your weight loss to happen slowly (as slowly as possible) like .5 to 1 lb a week and lift as hard as you can during this time. Eat the same way you did to gain mass only less of it. That is how you optimize the LBM loss during weight loss. Oh yeah and the less you do cardio the better. Protect those muscles and let the diet drop the fat....
                    The cardio depends on the person and how much you are eatting and how your body responds. Less cardio is not always better and the type of cardio you do can make a world of difference in what sources your body will use for energy during your workout. Letting the diet drop the fat doesn't work the best for everyone, people who have more trouble losing bodyfat may find that more cardio helps speed up the process and is less likely to burn muscle tissue than it would be in someone who struggles to gain weight in the off-season.
                    OFF TOPIC: http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/ot/OT.xml

Comment

Originally posted by musclefactory View Post
                      Hey All,

I am now officialy in my pre-contest diet. 1 week in, I have lost 2kg. Brilliant! BUT! my body fat percentage stayed the same!!

THis could mean it was fluid? or muscle mass?

My dietitian reckons its the fact I am no longer eating rice and oats, and that the 2kg was from water.

So, when can I finally start loosing body fat?

My daily diet consists of the following ratios:

Protein: 230g - 58%
                      Fat: 35g - 8%
                      Carbs:105g - 26%
                      Fibre: 35g - 8%

Total Grams 400grams

All opinions/suggestions please.
                      If your body fat % did not change but you lost weight, I would say you are eating too few calories and are now even maintaining weight - you your composition is not changing. I would suggest that you increase low GI carbs - oatmeal or something - and start exercising. There could me many reasons for this - not sure if you are drinking enough water or getting enough sleep - but for sure you are losing muscle & fat so it is not good.

Comment

ridiculously low calorie intake for this far out, keep this up and youre metabolism will end up in the toilet..
                        it's happened to me before

Comment

Originally posted by Gpr View Post
                          ridiculously low calorie intake for this far out, keep this up and youre metabolism will end up in the toilet..
                          it's happened to me before
                          Happened to me too.

Calories need to start has HIGH AS POSSIBLE. When you stall, increase activity. Once you reach a pretty high level of activity (2-3 hours of exercise per day) then you begin decreasing/manipulating cals.

Google G-FLux...

Comment

HIRE A CONTEST PREP COACH!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLynn View Post
                              The cardio depends on the person and how much you are eatting and how your body responds. Less cardio is not always better and the type of cardio you do can make a world of difference in what sources your body will use for energy during your workout. Letting the diet drop the fat doesn't work the best for everyone, people who have more trouble losing bodyfat may find that more cardio helps speed up the process and is less likely to burn muscle tissue than it would be in someone who struggles to gain weight in the off-season.
                              This is the first time Ive ever seen anybody say this!!! I honestly cant eat the amount of food I do during prep....Especially the carbs....
                              TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                              Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Working...
                              X