Healing - The Last Week prior to Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing - The Last Week prior to Show

I just had a brutal quad deep tissue massage yesterday - and I worked legs. My show is in a week, and I planned to stop all leg work now (except cardio that I was going to continue through Monday. Tuesday on an airplane - and Wednesday I start carb up. So here are the questions:

How long should legs rest (from weight training) prior to a show? 1 wk?

How long should the body rest from a deep tissue massage prior to a show?

I plan to work upper body today and tomorrow, though lighter than in the past for blood flow - is that ok?

In blue below...

Originally posted by THERICK View Post

How long should legs rest (from weight training) prior to a show? 1 wk?

Saturday before - 1 wk

How long should the body rest from a deep tissue massage prior to a show?

3-4 days,

I plan to work upper body today and tomorrow, though lighter than in the past for blood flow - is that ok?

this can be tricky, depending on your diet, you risk over depletion and not being able to carb up - so it's tought to say - where do you feel your at from a depletion / fullness stand point right now?

Comment

why stop traning leggs??
      myspace.com/h5llidae

Comment

Pete is dead on except I find the secondary swelling is an issue and ALL deep therapy is out for me 7 to 10 days...
        TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
        Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Originally posted by hollidae View Post
          why stop traning leggs??
          They need to fully repair 100% so there is no cloudyness to them...Also glycogen doesnt store very well when muscle is in a state of inflammation but its used for repair...
          TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
          Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
            Pete is dead on except I find the secondary swelling is an issue and ALL deep therapy is out for me 7 to 10 days...

Agree.

NYC BIG MIKE
            Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Yes This was part of the problem - I iced them but the really did not come in in time for the show - though it did not impact my placing. (I am all the way to the right). Next time I would not do deep tissue within 2 weeks of a show - especially on quads. My quads had shown much more detail and cuts in the past-but water retention (and maybe some fat) hide it. http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...2/banghead.gif
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X