Skin irritation after Shaving body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin irritation after Shaving body

I keep getting skin irriatation about 3 days after shaving my body.... any insight on clearing this up?

I know it's not razor burn because I'm fine for a few days.. but then about three days later it looks like my folicles are irritated and some come to a white head... would tanning clear this up?

Thanks in advance...

I got lazer ( IPL ) done a few times on areas that were sensitive to shaving , besides being used as a hair removal process it also works as a skin conditioning treatment ,( it changes the way the skin reacts ) for example I dont get shaving rash & bumps anymore on my neck line after daily shaving .... same applies now to the other areas I have had treated ... I just shave a body part a day in the shower , takes minutes. No more irritation.

Comment

Use a good track 3 or 4 not a disposable...and use soap instead of shaving cream !
      Live Healthy & Look Fit. Be happy

Comment

Use a loofa or some other scrubby item. Also, shave with a blade less often, and touch up with electric the off days.

Comment

I had my chest shaved at the start of the summer and I still have a few red marks left. Are some people just more susceptable to irritation? I'm from Ireland so I'm naturally very fair skinned, could this be the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by DublinLarry View Post
            I had my chest shaved at the start of the summer and I still have a few red marks left. Are some people just more susceptable to irritation? I'm from Ireland so I'm naturally very fair skinned, could this be the reason?
            I' m not from Ireland but I'm Irish and I get skin irritation very easily, it is a real pain in the ass especially after shaving my face.

Comment

Oh I know about that man. I'm not shaving until after St. Patricks Day so I imagine it'll be a bloodbath. If I don't wash my face with very hot water before shaving I'll get cuts and marks. I did this when I shaved my chest but I still had marks about 3 or 4 days after. I won't be doing it again until I put on alot of size anyway. Maybe I'll just pull out all the hairs with my fingers like Franco Columbo.

Comment

Originally posted by blueouija View Post
                I keep getting skin irriatation about 3 days after shaving my body.... any insight on clearing this up?

I know it's not razor burn because I'm fine for a few days.. but then about three days later it looks like my folicles are irritated and some come to a white head... would tanning clear this up?

Thanks in advance...
                Its called folliculitis and its caused from bacterias infecting the hair follicle.... Use anti bacterial soap to clean the surface to be shaved, then shave with it and use it the days following....
                TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

thank you everyone for the input... sounds like folliculitis the more I read about it.

I did an experiment last night, I shaved my forearms with anti-bacterial soap as the shaving lubracant... we'll see what happens the next few days.... plus I hit the tanning booth last night...

Comment

Originally posted by blueouija View Post
                    thank you everyone for the input... sounds like folliculitis the more I read about it.

I did an experiment last night, I shaved my forearms with anti-bacterial soap as the shaving lubracant... we'll see what happens the next few days.... plus I hit the tanning booth last night...
                    Its not the actual shaving itself but its the killing of the bacterias PRIOR to shaving then continueing to keep them away from the open pores the days following...

Easier said than done.....Hence the reason I use ALL hypoallergenic detergents on my clothes...
                    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Get a good exfoiliator. Exofoliate with it. Jan Tana makes a body scrub you use your hands to scrub on and it restores the skins pH levels. GREAT PRODUCT.

Also, find a good moisturizing body wash and use a loofa, as suggested. Mosturize throughout the day, but not before bed (It may cause sweating at night and lead to acne).
                      TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                      www.fitcorps.net

Comment

creams? gels? seriously

guys. whats wrong with just a wax? kills first time then u are sweet

Comment

Working...
                        X