Low protein diet help.. PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low protein diet help.. PLEASE!!

I know that sounds crazy, but here's the deal. I used to compete and did my last show in 2002. I had to stop competing due to losing a kidney in 2005. I dropped from 212 down to 170. I'm back up to about 195 now and looking pretty decent again. The problem is I can only have 80 grams of protein per day. I'd love to compete again and was wondering if I can get in contest shape on that low of an amount of protein. Could I substitute good carbs and fat for the protein.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Xterror View Post
    I know that sounds crazy, but here's the deal. I used to compete and did my last show in 2002. I had to stop competing due to losing a kidney in 2005. I dropped from 212 down to 170. I'm back up to about 195 now and looking pretty decent again. The problem is I can only have 80 grams of protein per day. I'd love to compete again and was wondering if I can get in contest shape on that low of an amount of protein. Could I substitute good carbs and fat for the protein.

Thanks,
    I think if you already lost a kidney bro that might be a big indicator to not worry about competitive bodybuilding. that doesnt mean you cant look good on 80grams of protein though.

If I were you I would space out your protein amounts into smaller meals and to make sure your protein soruces have a good amino acids profile. I wouldnt take in protein powders as much if at all. focus on whole food sources only.

what are the specific details around your 80grmas of protein diet. was this set up by a dietician or your doctor?? are you on any other medications?? what was the reason for losing your kidney?? did they specify if you could take any suppliments??? alitle more info would help bro

Comment

Originally posted by joel.dale View Post
      I think if you already lost a kidney bro that might be a big indicator to not worry about competitive bodybuilding. that doesnt mean you cant look good on 80grams of protein though.

If I were you I would space out your protein amounts into smaller meals and to make sure your protein soruces have a good amino acids profile. I wouldnt take in protein powders as much if at all. focus on whole food sources only.

what are the specific details around your 80grmas of protein diet. was this set up by a dietician or your doctor?? are you on any other medications?? what was the reason for losing your kidney?? did they specify if you could take any suppliments??? alitle more info would help bro
      I was just thinking of stuff like Beverly International Ultra 40s....

Comment

Well, the 80 grams per day was what my doctor told me. I lost the kidney due to a blockage that wouldn't allow the kidney to drain. I haven't had a protein drink in over 3 years. My wife is a dietitian but unfortunately she's divorcing me. She was a huge help over the past 4 years. As far as suppliments I've taking All American EFX products as suggest by Flex Wheeler. I talked to him at last years Arnold, knowing that he has kidney problems too. I guess I'll just give it up and just try and stay in the best shap I can. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Luke Wood (IFBB PRO) used to eat around this many grams of protein per day too - he used to eat very high amounts of carbs though..

Where theres a will theres a way and you can do it. Dont give up! Just keep training and eat the best you can.
          It's eat time!

Comment

Working...
          X