Simple vs Complex to start carb load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEAM SKIP View Post
    Glad to see you're still making friends, Tipsta. : )

Wondered where you had been (seriously) as I hadn't seen you around.

Skip
    Honestly, it was kind of nice reading people help out and give advice on these boards without purposefully being a d-bag about it. But, now that he's back and seeing how he responds to people, I would expect nothing less coming from a person like him

Sporto
    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
      Actually not really as Rehab is really just personal training for the injured and I have 100% full range of motion. Rehab is more for people that have not done any muscle building and due to the surgery need to strengthen the surrounding area. I as well as many of us do not fit that bill. However other types of therapy will be important such as Stim/Ultrasound/Vasocompression...etc. as well as deep therapy to break up the surrounding muscle guarding. I have my own therapy machines thanks to a family member who does Rehab for the NHL. My issues are just the bone shaving at this point as its still sore to the touch.

You have your own TENS unit, I take it? Never liked the thing myself.
      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

Originally posted by connstellation View Post
        You have your own TENS unit, I take it? Never liked the thing myself.
        A TENS unit is different than a stim machine. I have both but a 9 volt battery powered Tens unit is more for blocking pain and its like taking an icepick to Mount Rushmore in comparision to a plug in Stim machine.

Its old but very powerful and unlike the newer units that have a shut off feature once it goes past a certain point to avoid tearing the muscle off the bone, this one does not.
        TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
        Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Wait a minute, I want an invite, too. I want to see it. lol

Tip: That isn't "damage" as much as that is just us old guys' normal knees. It takes me longer to warm up my knees than it does to train quads. I can't imagine the damage I have in there and, quite frankly, I probably don't want to know.

Skip
          TrueProtein Sponsored Athlete http://www.TEAMSKIP.net

Comment

Tip: That isn't "damage" as much as that is just us old guys' normal knees. It takes me longer to warm up my knees than it does to train quads. I can't imagine the damage I have in there and, quite frankly, I probably don't want to know.

Skip
            Have you tried deep tissue massage on ur quads?

they can really release a ton of tension that in turn causes knee pain..

Comment

Skip
              Well I am old and you are pretty smart so...................lol... Its actually two injuries days apart and it started when I missed the last step coming up my front steps with two gallons of water in each hand and I landed on my knee and went face down into the door. Thats the impaction injury on the Anteromedial Femoral Condyle which most likely was the catalyst to the tearing of the medial horn. It was pretty funny at first but days later all I did was shuffle under the hack squat pads and BINGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                Have you tried deep tissue massage on ur quads?

they can really release a ton of tension that in turn causes knee pain..
                Me or him? I incorporate everything daily but you are SO right as IT band was like steel cords up until a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                  Well I am old and you are pretty smart so...................lol... Its actually two injuries days apart and it started when I missed the last step coming up my front steps with two gallons of water in each hand and I landed on my knee and went face down into the door. Thats the impaction injury on the Anteromedial Femoral Condyle which most likely was the catalyst to the tearing of the medial horn. It was pretty funny at first but days later all I did was shuffle under the hack squat pads and BINGO!
                  alcohol?

man, that just sucks. you have had some injuries over the years!
                  TEAM GORMAN

Comment

Originally posted by johngorman View Post
                    alcohol?

man, that just sucks. you have had some injuries over the years!

No, just a clumsy ass bastard that couldnt see the stairs and didnt want to make two trips...lol

Worse was the extra 16 pounds in each hand going down...

Comment

Lets get back on track guys. I just deleted a bunch of garbage. Stay on topic.

Thanks
                      All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Comment

i think, that if you deplete well and then eat complex carbs, because your body wants carbs alot it will overract and you will be able to push the stores harder, and the complex carbs make insulin react less of course meaning you can push more carbs into the muscular glucose store. for that reason, and that i am carb sensitive with simple carbs particularly, i voted for complex. what did u decide to do in the end this week Chad?

Comment

I usually make weight the NIGHT odf WEIGH-IN. Friday night. What can I do to FILL OUT AAS FAST AS POSSIBLE BEFORE I GET ON STAGE SATURDAY MORING. i AM USUALLY stting around 3% bodyfat , really lean . Lightweight catagory. Please help. I get really fat because I have to take a water pill the day of weigh-in & not drink any water just to make it down to Lightweight. PLease help

Comment

i like potatoes to carb load, but i also like flapjacks, do you think flapjacks are a good source to carb load? i know it has sugar in it and fats but it really makes me veiny

Comment

Originally posted by becks View Post
                              Use what you have been eating all the way through the diet as you know how your body reacts.

If you use complex carbs through your diet then simply increase the amount.

If you refeed each week using simple carbs then use the same carbs. Know how long it takes for your body to expel the water and look your best for pre-judging.

I like this answer. I think people should do a test run before competition day.

Comment

sushi, flapjacks or waffles, and cereal (preferrably captain crunch or cocoa krispies!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X