Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Contest Diet Hunger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Contest Diet Hunger

    Just wondering how hungry some of you guys get on your contest diets? This contest diet has been driving me nuts with hunger the past 6 weeks or so. Food is always on my mind it seems. The only time I am happy is when I am eating my chicken and oatmeal. I go to bed early because I can't wait to get up and eat egg whites!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Just wondering how hungry some of you guys get on your contest diets? This contest diet has been driving me nuts with hunger the past 6 weeks or so. Food is always on my mind it seems. The only time I am happy is when I am eating my chicken and oatmeal. I go to bed early because I can't wait to get up and eat egg whites!
    Not to bad until about 4 weeks out. But food is always on my mind that is a constant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
      Not to bad until about 4 weeks out. But food is always on my mind that is a constant.

      I'm still learning how to get in awesome contest shape, and get better every time I compete but I have never been this hungry. Granted I am in better shape than ever before and my show is Saturday. You are a great bodybuilder so if you go through many of these cravings than I guess I may be on track. I just feel that these last few weeks my fat loss has slowed down compared to the firt 12-15 weeks of the diet. Seems like I may not be eating enough to me, since I did reduce calories about the time my hunger got started. Metabolism may be slowing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Pinnacle View Post
        I'm still learning how to get in awesome contest shape, and get better every time I compete but I have never been this hungry. Granted I am in better shape than ever before and my show is Saturday. You are a great bodybuilder so if you go through many of these cravings than I guess I may be on track. I just feel that these last few weeks my fat loss has slowed down compared to the firt 12-15 weeks of the diet. Seems like I may not be eating enough to me, since I did reduce calories about the time my hunger got started. Metabolism may be slowing.

        Thanks but Im always learning myself, and you will be too, if you want to be good.

        Next time if you are already lean and just fine tuning things play around with refeeds, they keep the metabolism moving, and during my refeeds were the only time Id feel my fat burner again, meaning the other days my metabolism was crawling but as soon as I got the carbs I was zooming.

        Comment


        • #5
          How hungry am I? lol words cant explain

          Cant wait to hit up RU next sat night for some GreaseTrucks
          Jimmy Robinson - IG @jimmyrob23

          Comment


          • #6
            I get extremely hungry during contest prep. I think its mainly a mental thing because i get cravings off season too. Off season i eat pretty much all contest food just a shit ton of it! After a while i neeeeeeeddd TACO BELL!!!! haha
            5 weeks out is when I really start hating life. I just think of myself on stage and invision what I want to look like and it occurs to me that that is more important than fixing my craving.
            Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
            F.I.T. Corps

            Comment


            • #7
              i am on my first contest prep and i am 2 weeks in but this is also the cleanest i have ever eaten so i feel your pain well at least for the next 14 weeks hahaha hang in there the prize is worth the pain
              There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
              - Robert Frost

              Comment


              • #8
                I just kept myself full by drinking sugar free drink mixes in water. Gives ur brain that sweet taste it's craving and doesn't effect your diet. Worked for me. Cuz for sure my food cravings were nuts. It's worth it though

                Comment


                • #9
                  I had 2 weeks between my 1st and 2nd show and I have NEVER been so miserable in my life!!! It was the longest 14 days of my life!!!!!!!!!! I eat my fair share of junk in the off season (i'm a sugar freak) so I have to gradually ease into my contest diet.
                  SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                  2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am currently on a very strict diet for the spring competing season. I feel like I am hungry all of the time!! I, like you go to bed as early as possible because I drive myself nuts thinking of all the different foods that I want to be eating hahaaha. I constantly have to find stupid little things to do to occupy my mind (such as going to check the mail, when I know it doesnt come for another 2hrs LOL).. best of luck!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      diet soda and i like to watch the food network.. LOL

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        food network! that only makes it worse for me! lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                          diet soda and i like to watch the food network.. LOL

                          All I did pre contest was watch the Food Network. Man vs Food was my favorite
                          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                            All I did pre contest was watch the Food Network. Man vs Food was my favorite
                            Diners, Dives and Drive ins baby! I used to write down places I wanted to go when I visited those towns..lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                              I had 2 weeks between my 1st and 2nd show and I have NEVER been so miserable in my life!!! It was the longest 14 days of my life!!!!!!!!!! I eat my fair share of junk in the off season (i'm a sugar freak) so I have to gradually ease into my contest diet.

                              wow i didnt need to hear that... im 5 weeks out from my first show, then im doing another 5 weeks after that...

                              im pretty sure its going to be the hardest/longest 5 weeks of my life...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X