Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dodium and water loading/ sodium + water depletion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodium and water loading/ sodium + water depletion.

NOW CHILDREN...

I got to contest shape in 8 weeks except without the shredded glutes...therefore i wasnt in contest shape.

I did however act as if i was coming up to a contest by spending the last week training and eating like a pre contest bodybuilder. 3 days of 60 gr carbs followed by a 2.5 day carb load.

I water loaded on the high carb day and sodium loaded on the low carb days.

I looked great affter my high carb day except i was holding a veneer of water which was new to me. I thought id cut back on water and just sip it when i was really thirsty through friday evening and saturday morning whilst decreasing the carbs.
    i took photos on the saturday supposing i would look better. I didnt so i deleted the photos and posted my other ones (but not to this forum).

Anybody want to jot down ideas on how manipulating water and sodium intake can be hit and miss like i experienced.
    Training Log. I train like a manbearpig. http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...t=#post2381061

Originally posted by CATABOLIC1 View Post
    NOW CHILDREN...

I got to contest shape in 8 weeks except without the shredded glutes...therefore i wasnt in contest shape.

I did however act as if i was coming up to a contest by spending the last week training and eating like a pre contest bodybuilder. 3 days of 60 gr carbs followed by a 2.5 day carb load.

I water loaded on the high carb day and sodium loaded on the low carb days.

I looked great affter my high carb day except i was holding a veneer of water which was new to me. I thought id cut back on water and just sip it when i was really thirsty through friday evening and saturday morning whilst decreasing the carbs.
    i took photos on the saturday supposing i would look better. I didnt so i deleted the photos and posted my other ones (but not to this forum).

Anybody want to jot down ideas on how manipulating water and sodium intake can be hit and miss like i experienced.
    when u restricted ur water did you ever reintroduce sodium?

Comment

no...i only ate chicken oats and rice and sipped on water. I had 4 protein shakes but im pretty sure they are low sodium.
      Training Log. I train like a manbearpig. http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...t=#post2381061

Comment

well there is one of ur problems right there.... u should have reintroduced sodium and added a bit of water back in

Comment

Don't manipulate either and it won't be hit or miss....keep water high,sodium moderate, and let your body do what it was designed to do. Trying to outguess either of these constantly self regulating factors is near impossible.....and almost always results in less than perfect results.
          " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

Originally posted by rockhard View Post
            Don't manipulate either and it won't be hit or miss....keep water high,sodium moderate, and let your body do what it was designed to do. Trying to outguess either of these constantly self regulating factors is near impossible.....and almost always results in less than perfect results.
            i disagree...

if you know what your doing maniplutating sodium, carbs and water can make you look a lot harder

but you have to have an EYE for it and know what your doing.

Comment

Heres the thing. I looked great on day 2 od my carb load with low sodium but did not cut water by that stage.

I cut the water to get rid of the discouraging veneer of water on my quads and abs. It went away somewhat by saturday but the photos did not agree so i kept the friday pics. They looked great no doubt but that experience was enough to persuade me to leave water and sodium alone when i do a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by CATABOLIC1 View Post
                Heres the thing. I looked great on day 2 od my carb load with low sodium but did not cut water by that stage.

I cut the water to get rid of the discouraging veneer of water on my quads and abs. It went away somewhat by saturday but the photos did not agree so i kept the friday pics. They looked great no doubt but that experience was enough to persuade me to leave water and sodium alone when i do a contest.
                like I said you just have to know how to manipulate water, sodium and carbs.. and you NEVER just cut water, you control it..

water is what helps fill your muscles out.. without water and sodium you will go flat..

if you dont have a lot of experience with a peak week, then I do suggest you leave everything alone cause you will prolly f it up..

or u should hire someone to guide u thru a peak week process..

Comment

one more thing.. the leaner you are.. the better a carb load works..

if your not in true contest shape, a carb load doesnt work as well.

Comment

yeah i didnt have shredded glutes...everything else looked great though. I cut for 8 weeks and was almost contest ready but it was just a practice run for the future. It also helps me get the ladies haha

Comment

Working...
                    X