No announcement yet.

Need Opinions (Thinking about doing a Target keto diet so I can do HIT cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Opinions (Thinking about doing a Target keto diet so I can do HIT cardio

Hey guys. As you all probrablely read on my first thread I've been doing the Palumbio diet for a month know with little success. I think my metabolism has crashed thus resulting in me not losing any weight even on a 2000 calorie diet.

I have been doing a lot of research on high intensity interval cardio and it's post metabolic advantages. I've been doing 60 minutes of low intensity cardio 6 days a week with no drop in bodyfat so I think high intensity cardio may be what I need to kick my sluggish metabolism up. The only problem is while on the palumbio keto diet your muscles are low on glycogen and high intensity cardio is said to eat muscle on a keto diet.

What I'm confused about is if high intensity cardio burns muscle on a keto diet then how is it that a weight lifting or body building session not burn muscle while on the keto diet. A training session is high intensity by nature on less you are doing light weight more reps. Palumbio sez to keep the weights heavy in the 6-10 rep range and keep the time short and the intensity high. So if Palumbio sez that heavy lifting is ok on the keto diet then why is HIT cardio not allowed on the diet since they are both high intensity by nature.

To get around this problem I was thinking about doing a target keto diet meaning on my non lifting days eat about 20-30 grams of complex carbs then do 20-30 minutes of high intensity cardio for the post metabolic raise afterwards then resume the keto diet with no more carbs for the day. So my diet would be the same as it is now with the only difference being 20-30 grams of carbs ingested on my non lifting days an hour before my HIT cardio sessions. What do you guys think about an approach like that. This way the HIT cardio done in the morning will hopefully keep my metabolism extremely elavated through out the day while I'm on the keto diet.

Another question I had was how long does it take the body to get back into ketosis after 20 -30 grams of complex carbs have been ingested. Basically what I'm asking is lets say I am doing my normal palumbio keto diet then an hour before my HIT cardio session I take in about 20-30 grams of low glycemic carbs. Now obviously this will kick me out of ketosis. After I burn off the 20-30 grams of carbs with the HIT cardio how long will it take on average for my body to get back into ketosis after the HIT cardio session?

So heres what my lay out would be. Keep doing the palumbio diet with the exception of 30 grams of carbs being taking an hour before my HIT cardio sessions on my non lifting days.

Lifting days and low intensity cardio

meal#1 4 whole eggs omega and 4 egg whites
    meal#2 50g Whey protein shake and 1 table spoon natural penut butter
    meal#3 Preworkout 8-10 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cashews or almonds.
    Meal#4 post workout 50g Whey protein shake
    meal#5 8oz top sirloin and some green vegies + 1 tablespoon olive oil
    Meal#6 4 whole eggs omega and 4 egg whites

Non Lifting days but HIT cardio

meal#1 4 whole eggs omega and 4 egg whites
    meal#2 50g Whey protein shake and 1 table spoon natural penut butter
    meal#3 Preworkout 8-10 oz chicken breast and 30 grams of complex carbs like oatmeal

Meal#4 (resume keto diet) post workout 50g Whey protein shake
    meal#5 8oz top sirloin and some green veggies + 1 tablespoon olive oil
    Meal#6 4 whole eggs omega and 4 egg whites

If any body can give me some good opinions on my layout and my questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Come on guys. Any usefull tips or opinions on this topic. I am really struggling with dropping bodyfat here and any tips on my post above would be appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
    X