Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jude2
    replied
    Smart girl. People try to make contest prep a lot harder than it should be most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• borky
    replied
    Originally posted by Jude2 View Post
    Let me know how it turns out. I have been competing and getting people ready for shows for the past 25 years and never seen that before. Maybe it is very new.
    Oh Imma pepper him with Qs now, I figured if anyone would know if it was legit it would be you guys. The fact you haven't even heard of it makes me wary.

Leave a comment:

• Jude2
    replied
    Let me know how it turns out. I have been competing and getting people ready for shows for the past 25 years and never seen that before. Maybe it is very new.

Leave a comment:

• borky
    replied
    I am glad you want to train hard and do figure. To me it is more competitive and athletic. What do you mean when you say genetic test???
    *shrug* I origionally started lifting because that was the look I liked, I never thought I'd compete but now that I am why settle for anything less?

The way he made it sound was like they swab your cheek and send it in and then the results tell you what macros you body would best respond to? He said he'd get me a printout on it, sounded interesting I've just never heard of anything like that before.

Leave a comment:

• Jude2
    replied
    I am glad you want to train hard and do figure. To me it is more competitive and athletic. What do you mean when you say genetic test???

Leave a comment:

• borky
    replied
    Originally posted by lil mama View Post
    you look great, and at this point can do both fig and bikini..... forget about what someone said about the boobs ur fine in that department as well. What I can advise you about Figure is to work on shoulders and back but by all means ya dont have to add mass just work on gettin a lil leaner so that shoulders can be a lil mo define as well as back as you get leaner your abs will be better defined as well. What a lot of females dont realize in figure is that they are no longer looking for extreme hardness and muscularity in figure like they use too, and there is a fine line in the look between fig and bikini (there really is not too much of a difference when comparing the both divisions but only subtle differences such as the caps being a lil mo defined as well as abs and as far as the back muscles again the leaner you are the mo defined the back will be) so I would not worry about putting on a whole lot of size just work on getting leaner so that the muscles can be a lil mo pronounced that about it.

If ya get a chance check out pics of local shows and national show as well as pro show too familiarize yourself what look is taking top placements . You will be surprised to see that in the pros the look is definitely a nice look of a athletic female view of small shoulder caps with visable abs (not hard) and lean backs the more muscular ladies usually dont fair so well in placings...good luck to you

thank you so much thats good to know, I keep thinking that if I had the money for a boob job, its not what I would want to spend my money on anyways lol

leaner, check. I've been keeping my cardio up post competition so I'm still just about as lean as I was for the comp. My trainer has a genetic test he wants to do on me to help us dial in the diet...does anyone know anything about stuff like that? does it work?

I actually got on here for the awesome contest coverage, still a huge fan of the more muscular look though...kinda wishing that was still where it was at.

Leave a comment:

• lil mama
    replied
    you look great, and at this point can do both fig and bikini..... forget about what someone said about the boobs ur fine in that department as well. What I can advise you about Figure is to work on shoulders and back but by all means ya dont have to add mass just work on gettin a lil leaner so that shoulders can be a lil mo define as well as back as you get leaner your abs will be better defined as well. What a lot of females dont realize in figure is that they are no longer looking for extreme hardness and muscularity in figure like they use too, and there is a fine line in the look between fig and bikini (there really is not too much of a difference when comparing the both divisions but only subtle differences such as the caps being a lil mo defined as well as abs and as far as the back muscles again the leaner you are the mo defined the back will be) so I would not worry about putting on a whole lot of size just work on getting leaner so that the muscles can be a lil mo pronounced that about it.

If ya get a chance check out pics of local shows and national show as well as pro show too familiarize yourself what look is taking top placements . You will be surprised to see that in the pros the look is definitely a nice look of a athletic female view of small shoulder caps with visable abs (not hard) and lean backs the more muscular ladies usually dont fair so well in placings...good luck to you

Leave a comment:

• borky
    replied
    thx for the replies

Did # 40 win the class? What did u place? You have a very cute look to you. You need to add some lean muscle to progress with figure. Have you thought about bikini?
    No she didn't I thought she should have though. The girl in the other black suit did #59 took first, #40 took second. I placed third, I'm willing to work to put on more mass, I really love that look.

Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
    Welcome Doll!

You are very pretty

and I agree with Jude2, have you done or considered bikini?
    thank you

Uhm I'm not as interested in bikini, I had a man tell me I needed a boob job if I wanted to do anything with bikini. Thats not really a direction I wanted to go in, I'd rather lift heavy, put on some muscle and keep things fairly natural.
    Last edited by borky; May 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JuicyGlamGirl
    replied
    Welcome Doll!

You are very pretty

and I agree with Jude2, have you done or considered bikini?

Leave a comment:

• Jude2
    replied
    Did # 40 win the class? What did u place? You have a very cute look to you. You need to add some lean muscle to progress with figure. Have you thought about bikini?

Leave a comment:

• borky
    started a topic Figure Feedback

Feedback

These were taken at my first contest which was April 3rd of this year. I competed in the novice B class. I'm 20, kinda in limbo between 5'6 and 5'7. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but I'm always between 125-135. A local bber has been helping me w/ diet and workouts. Any feedback is appreciated, right now were working on try to add more mass to my shoulders and back for my next contest which is July 17th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaO0GG6YJJY
Working...
X