Considering Dental Cosmetic Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Dental Cosmetic Surgery

Has anyone had Veneers, or any other type of dental cosmetic surgery. I never had braces and I have gaps, and now I'm considering filling in the gaps with veneers instead of 2 years of braces. I've had photographers say to keep my teeth the way they are because they're cute and they add character and give me a recognizable look. I've also had photographers ask me not to smile because of the gaps?
    Thoughts?
    Experiences?
    Ideas?

I was born without my lateral Incisors which are the teeth in between the Central Incisors (front teeth) and Cuspids (Canines) which has created gaps and a vampire like look.

Last edited by DoubleyaG; February 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Or at least little kids and adults ask me if I'm a vampire or not. At work once a gentleman walked up to me and said, "WOW, I love your fucked up teeth!" It hurt my feelings.

Comment

It's hard to find a picture of me smiling.

Comment

I dont think anyone's particularly dissapointed over the pics that you HAVE posted . Please, by all means continue.......
          "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by PRGIRL View Post
            It's hard to find a picture of me smiling.

[ATTACH]101796[/ATTACH]
            Sorry John........but this pic got me hard enough to be able to hunt with it...........
            "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

This one? Ninja... you're supposed to give me your opinion if I should fix them or not?

Comment

You look beautiful as you are.
                Fix them ONLY if you are doing it for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by kiMbergman View Post
                  You look beautiful as you are.
                  Fix them ONLY if you are doing it for yourself.
                  Thanks Kim! I'm in limbo honestly. I don't mind my teeth, they're great. Perfect, no cavities, healthy, white, just gappy. To me they look fine, but when I'm in social situations I do feel self conscious. Especially as competative as fitness modeling is.

Comment

At this point I feel like they're part of my personality and I'm afraid to change them, but it might make me feel more confident to smile whenever I feel like it without reservation.

Comment

On the flip side it would give me a very distinctive look to keep them the way they are in a fitness world where it's very hard to stand out.
                      -shrug- I just dunno

Comment

I would keep the unique look and not change a thing.
                        Especially considering you have no cavities or health issues with your teeth, surgery could create other problems down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by jrlight View Post
                          I would keep the unique look and not change a thing.
                          Especially considering you have no cavities or health issues with your teeth, surgery could create other problems down the line.
                          Yes I totally agree, I've consulted with multiple orthodontists and after two years of straightening with braces (invisialign is not an option) I'd have to see an oral surgeon who would drill screws in my upper jaw to put in dental lateral implants. Risk factors include sinus problems and separation from the gum leaving that gray line between your teeth and gums.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGIRL View Post
                            [ATTACH]101799[/ATTACH]

This one? Ninja... you're supposed to give me your opinion if I should fix them or not?
                            Yeah, that one, LOL.

And yeah, you do look great even if you do have a problem with them. Which, to be honest, I wouldn't have noticed had you not pointed it out. AND Im still not seeing a "problem". But do I think you should have them fixed? Since you're asking, I will say yes. To hell with what anyone else says or doesnt say, it's you and your comfort with yourself that is important. If it bothers you enough that you think about it, I say yes. You will never regret it, but if you dont you will always wonder "what if". I know I feel that way about my nose and the rest of my face. I do get told often enough that I dont need reconstructive surgery and Im sure they mean what they say. But I aso have to look at myself and i want to be as comfortable as I can with what I see. So yes, one day when the funds are expendable or available I will have my reconstructive surgery. And if there's enough to get some vanity work done than im doing that too

Comment

Thanks Ninja Loco

Comment

Working...
                              X