smashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smashed

so im a boilermaker and last week i was using a 60lb impact gun (automatic wrench) on an exchanger (heats up and cools down crude oil when after busting my ass for 10hrs it slips off the nut and i try to catch it and it so happens to smash my finger against a valve which shatters the tip of the finger and completely rips my nail off. So i am taken to this ghetto ass hospital were i wait 7 f*cking hours for a doctor. luckly the only fortunate thing to happen was that my doctor was the head hand and plastic surgery doctor and was also the head professor at U of I. Well he ended up putting the bones back in place and gave me 8 sitches.

so far i have lost almost 8lbs seeing as i can only lift pretty light weights and only do certain movements! this sux!

atleast im gettin paid 32.40 to sit in the tool room

Yet another example of how bad American health care is.

You should have flown to Canada, you would have gotten care in one hour or less.

Comment

I sure hope no one from your work sees this. You need to have this thread deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine565 View Post
        I sure hope no one from your work sees this. You need to have this thread deleted.
        Why?...

Comment

Not good to hear. I hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Comment

those are my knuckles in my avatar, different story but same deal at the hospital, I waited almost 6hrs before I saw the surgeon. Fixed me up, 8 stitches, and a splint for a month, no pulling movements, and it bled like a sonuvabitch on any type of press.

Comment

Originally posted by indianamonster1986 View Post
              and it so happens to smash my finger against a valve which shatters the tip of the finger and completely rips my nail off.
              Ouch! Get well soon. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, of course!

Originally posted by Moose88 View Post
              Why?...
              Yeah, why? An honest account of a workplace accident. Nothing negligent or irresponsible on the part of the employee.

Comment

I hope you get well soon bro. I was a welder and witnessed a 1500 pound steel harness get dropped on some dudes steel toe boot because of carelessness using a crane. I know what its like to work in dangerous work places. Shit happens.

Comment

so i went to the doctor this past thursday and he gave me the ok to start lifting again. (I had tried to a couple days after but it was messing up my finger more). So i am writing this as i am getting ready to go to the gym after my 10 hour work day. (working 7 10's). I am currently weighing 235lbs. Down from 255lbs. I have been off cycle for 4 months and next week I should be recieving anadrol test E and EQ. My goal is to get back up to 245lbs then jump on and get up to 265ish then cut down for a show around aprilish.

Comment

p.s. i will not be able to grow my nail back and i still do not have the feeling in it. but it is slowly looking better. thanks to all for the encouragement!

Comment

Just as a note....the AVERAGE wait time in an ER in the US is 4 hours, that is average. May luck out and be there shorter, may have alot of serious cases ahead and need to campout in the waiting room.

Glad to hear you are doing better, but sucks about not getting your nail back, guess you could be missing your finger though?

Comment

Good to hear you're on the mend. I hope you're able to lift today. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                          Yet another example of how bad American health care is.

You should have flown to Canada, you would have gotten care in one hour or less.
                          you would think.

Comment

So just to keep you posted been back at the gym for about a week now. Back up to 243lbs! Also just received my goods yesterday and plan on starting next week. My goal is to get up to a lean 265-270lbs before i start cutting down for my next show.

Comment

Originally posted by indianamonster1986 View Post
                              So just to keep you posted been back at the gym for about a week now. Back up to 243lbs! Also just received my goods yesterday and plan on starting next week. My goal is to get up to a lean 265-270lbs before i start cutting down for my next show.
                              Wishing you successful recovery and training, indianamonster1986.

What is your next show, btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X