• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosko
    replied
    Had the same situation---
    Originally posted by bigjd69 View Post
    HEy Doc you did my nose back in like 86 or 87 cant remember. My nose had very little cartlige in it so you took cartlige from my ear to build my nose back up. You basically gave me back my old nose.

Leave a comment:

• DrBlau
    replied
    Originally posted by Northman69 View Post
    I don't need a nosejob but If I snore does that mean I have a deviated septum?
    No ,it does not mean you have septum deviation and unfortunately correcting deviated septum does not usually improve snoring.

Leave a comment:

• curtjames
    replied
    Originally posted by YukonCrazy View Post
    Just because I enjoy free health care does not mean I can go into my doctors office and ask for blood tests to check for certain things. Its actually very difficult to get someone to help you.
    There's always a catch, isn't there? Free medical but then no doctor will help you.

Most of our doctors here are the same generation as you Curt (no ZING implied)
    Can't let an opportunity like that pass, YC. Add that zing to your scorecard!

and they simply do not want to get involved.
    "First, do no harm!" Isn't that one of the medical mantras? You'd think a doc would want to verify your physical requirement, etc. for AAS use.

Drugs are Drugs to some old fashioned folks.
    Well, the older I get the more I appreciate drugs.

What do you have to PAY for your tests?
    The last test I had was for cholesterol back in 2005 or so. I'm sure I paid at least a co-pay. Ten bucks at the time, I think.

Leave a comment:

• YukonCrazy
    replied
    Originally posted by curtjames View Post
    And you STILL can't get a decent doctor to test your levels. ZING!

This U.S. co-payer had to take a jab at you, Yuke!
    Just because I enjoy free health care does not mean I can go into my doctors office and ask for blood tests to check for certain things. Its actually very difficult to get someone to help you. Most of our doctors here are the same generation as you Curt (no ZING implied) and they simply do not want to get involved. Drugs are Drugs to some old fashioned folks.

What do you have to PAY for your tests?

Leave a comment:

• curtjames
    replied
    Free Health Care.
    And you STILL can't get a decent doctor to test your levels. ZING!

This U.S. co-payer had to take a jab at you, Yuke!

Leave a comment:

• YukonCrazy
    replied
    Originally posted by tammyp View Post
    insurance cover all of it?
    Free Health Care.

Leave a comment:

• sherwin
    replied
    I had a deviated septum corrected last October. This involved a septoplasty and inferior turbinate reduction. Thankfully, they did not have to do a closed reduction of nasal fracture (this is where they "re-break" your nose to straighten it again).

I already met my $2k deductible for the year for my health insurance. The billed amount for the surgery (surgeon's fees, operating room, anesthesiologist fees, etc.) was ~$20k. I was only in the hospital for 6 hours total (surgery and post-op observation).

My out-of-pocket 20% was about $1200.

(FYI: I snore when I sleep, and my surgery really didn't address this issue. The correction of a deviated septum *usually* doesn't help with snoring. Snoring is usually an issue with soft tissues of the mouth and throat [soft palate, etc.].)

Leave a comment:

• tammyp
    replied
    I had a deviated septum and I had surgury to correct it. Took 2-3 weeks to heal and I had 2 awesome black eyes!

I was put under and I had to stay overnight for observation.

Its all good now though.

Leave a comment:

• YukonCrazy
    replied
    I had a deviated septum and I had surgury to correct it. Took 2-3 weeks to heal and I had 2 awesome black eyes!

I was put under and I had to stay overnight for observation.

Its all good now though.

Leave a comment:

• por2gue
    replied
    Sometimes this is the case, get it checked out.

Leave a comment:

• KurtyJ99
    replied

Leave a comment:

• curtjames
    replied
    Originally posted by desibaby View Post
    I want a nose job, I hate my nose. Do we have to like get in general anesthesia for this or just they numb the nose area? how does this work??
    I'm not Dr. Blau, but general anesthesia or total unconsciousness is the order of the day with rhinoplasty. You have a mask and count backwards and it's LIGHTS OUT! After all, they shave or saw cartilage. I can't imagine a surgery like that being done with some simple numbing.

After the surgery I was major league beat up. I looked like a truck hit me. Black and blue and puffed up. This was nearly 30 years ago, though, so the procedure is probably a lot more sophisticated by now.

That said, you're gorgeous.

Otoh, I can definitely empathize. No one could have talked me out of the surgery. I contacted a surgeon for an appointment. Verified his credentials. Looked at his albums to see his previous work. Gave the surgeon the check. Was dropped off at the hospital and got the surgery. Back then I stayed over night at the Reading, Pennsylvania hospital where I had the surgery completed. Never had any regrets. Very happy with the results.

Leave a comment:

• dzine2fit
    replied
    I want a nose job, I hate my nose. Do we have to like get in general anesthesia for this or just they numb the nose area? how does this work??

Leave a comment:

• curtjames
    replied
    hes checking with the insurance company, saying its 50/50, medical to cosmetic. i have heard of some covering it all, but i wont e that lucky. however, breathing without sounding like i have a cold would be nice for a change. in hte winter especially.
    Tammy, I hope you are that lucky and that insurance covers it totally.

Also if an agent says no then persist.

I had water damage at my home years ago and an agent said it wasn't covered. After explaining my perspective, thankfully, a different ruling was made and insurance issued a check.

In this case no doesn't always mean no.

Best wishes for your health and happiness.

Leave a comment:

• bigums
    replied
    stiock with the juice its a waste of money unless people called you gonzo in school

Leave a comment:

Working...
X