Q & A with Dr. Mordcai Blau M.D., P.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matt0 View Post
    I'm looking to have the surgery to remove my gyno, this might be a stupid question but I thought that by doing the surgery you have NO chance of getting gyno again. Basically I thought the surgery removed the whole gland...

My question is, what are the chances of getting gyno again after having the surgery, it would suck to pay 6000 and then a year later do it all over again. I'm planning to continue to use "supplements" so I assume that this will increase my chances of getting gyno again?
    If Dr Blau removes your gyno, It'll never come back. He's very experienced and he knows how to remove the entire gland!

Comment

• Originally posted by peters View Post
      Dr Blau, is massaging useful to get rid of internal scar tissue? I'm 1 month post-op, have large scar tissue on both the sides and i can't see much difference from pre-op. i know i have to wait till 6 months but is massaging worth it?
      You might need to have a Kenalog shot into the scar tissue. This cortisone-based drug will shrink the inflamed scar tissue.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsj1 View Post
        My left side of my chest is very numb and swollen up. My right is not so much. Also I have a clear fishing line like stitch still left in my right nipple. Will it dissolve on it's own?
        Numbness is normal. I had numbness for over a year on both sides. The swelling could be fluid that needs to be drained? As for the stitch, you probably will have to cut that out. I'll leave all the details to Dr Blau but this is my initial instincts.

Comment

• Originally posted by huge285 View Post
          You might need to have a Kenalog shot into the scar tissue. This cortisone-based drug will shrink the inflamed scar tissue.
          yes, i have read about kenalog and cortisone shot to melt the scar tissue. But i will have to wait 6 months for that. so, in the mean time i'm curious to try out massaging with palmers cocoa butter. what's Dr Blau's opinion about massaging scar tissue?

Comment

• Thanks!

Thanks for the answers! I'll post a pic of the chest soon. So you have to wait for 6 months to a year for the kenilog shot?? Right around the nipples it's so hard and that's the side that had the least amount of glandular tissue in there.

Comment

• Indentions? And such?

Indentions? And such? Also my right side chest which was always a little less muscular maybe due to more glandular breast tissue on that side now seems so flat! Quite a bit more so than the left side! But the left side is quite a bit more swollen as well.... Do you know what would be better to have the revision done by the original plastic surgeon(for free)or have Dr. Blau do it and if he Dr. Blau did it what would the approximate costs be? I heard that Dr. Bermant in Richmond Virginia is also world renowned like Dr. Blau. Should of just went with Dr. Blau in the beginning but didn't know of him when I got it done. Do indentions heal go away on there own? Or are they permanent? Everyone here is excellent in trying to answer concerns. Thanks I'll post pics soon-have to go and get a new digital cam.....

dsj1

Comment

• Dr. Blau

If we were unable to make it to your office and instead needed to have it done more locally (Chicago or Detroit for me) would you be willing to give us a set of guidelines to find another surgeon that would meet your standards?

Comment

• Originally posted by peters View Post
                  Dr Blau, is massaging useful to get rid of internal scar tissue? I'm 1 month post-op, have large scar tissue on both the sides and i can't see much difference from pre-op. i know i have to wait till 6 months but is massaging worth it?
                  Massaging may help to a degree to soften the scar,but it Helps to a lesser degree to reduce the size.
                  Award winning sculptor and painter.
                  Dr. Blau is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon &
                  A Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.
                  http://www.cosmetic-md.com
                  http://www.gynecomastia-md.com

914-428-4700

Comment

Thanks for the answers! I'll post a pic of the chest soon. So you have to wait for 6 months to a year for the kenilog shot?? Right around the nipples it's so hard and that's the side that had the least amount of glandular tissue in there.
                    When you will post your before and after pictures it may be easier to judge and provide you with an answer .The best way is a second consultation with a Gynecomastia Surgeon you trust..

914-428-4700

Comment

• Originally posted by animaluser View Post
                      Dr. Blau

If we were unable to make it to your office and instead needed to have it done more locally (Chicago or Detroit for me) would you be willing to give us a set of guidelines to find another surgeon that would meet your standards?
                      Since it is Aesthetic Surgery it is extremely important to see large number of before and after pictures . Credential are very important. Rarely when revision is needed I personally do not charge for it . Almost every Physician's has a Web site that can provide you with all the imformation you need.

914-428-4700

Comment

• Originally posted by huge285 View Post
                        Dr. Blau,

When you use kenalog injections do you use them to a point where the tissue has shrunken down to a more reasonable size per say and let nature take its course in shrinking down the remaining scar tissue, or do you inject until you basically can't feel or pinch anymore scar tissue? I'm assuming there could be some dangers of injecting too much kenalog directly into scar tissue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikejm View Post
                          Dr. Blau,

When you use kenalog injections do you use them to a point where the tissue has shrunken down to a more reasonable size per say and let nature take its course in shrinking down the remaining scar tissue, or do you inject until you basically can't feel or pinch anymore scar tissue? I'm assuming there could be some dangers of injecting too much kenalog directly into scar tissue?
                          Each case is different .Sometime there is a need for several injections every 6 weeks.This should be the plastic surgeon choice.

914-428-4700

Comment

• I was wondering after surgery for gyno with puffy nipples how soon did you see results? Are the puffy nipples/areola flat after surgery? I had surgery almost a week ago, and though the puffy-ness is less i still see the areola/nipple sticking out a bit. Is this just swelling or will the areola/nipple go down after a couple weeks. Thanks for your imput!

Comment

• Puffy nipples

Puffy nipples. My plastic surgeon didn't do much to my puffy nipples during my gyno surgery. He said it's best not to do too much with the nipples??? Because of possibly loss of sensation??? Well anyways I will post pics at the end of the week-OK. so you'll all can see. He said he would fix anything that I didn't like but would have to wait upto 1 year for the final results to be evident! Does it really truly take 1 full year to see the final results or only say 6 months? What time frame would 2 months show compared to the final results? Much or little improvement up to the 1 year mark? Well thanks for the comments answers.

Thanks!

Comment

Puffy nipples. My plastic surgeon didn't do much to my puffy nipples during my gyno surgery. He said it's best not to do too much with the nipples??? Because of possibly loss of sensation??? Well anyways I will post pics at the end of the week-OK. so you'll all can see. He said he would fix anything that I didn't like but would have to wait upto 1 year for the final results to be evident! Does it really truly take 1 full year to see the final results or only say 6 months? What time frame would 2 months show compared to the final results? Much or little improvement up to the 1 year mark? Well thanks for the comments answers.

Thanks!
                                Every case is different and every Physician may feel differently . I perform Glandular excision in over 90% of my cases with less then 1% recurrence. After 2 month there still may be be a change but usually not major.
                                recovering from gynecomastia

Puffy Nipples Photo Gallery

914-428-4700

Comment

Working...
                                X