Teeth Whitening Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth Whitening Systems

Which system are you guys using? I just got the NiteWhite system with a custom mold, 5 treatments in 3 days and a HUGE difference.....anyone else using these systems?

Best prices I have found were on dentist.net

Originally posted by Pearce View Post
    im trying to find the stuff that you "paint" on, any word on the effectiveness or these, or better/cheaper options?
    I mean you can get a home tray kit that will cost you about $40
    http://dentist.net/dr-collins-whitening.asp

Get the 22% and use it for an hour twice a day.....the brand I have is 2.2ml of the gel, and I get 6 uses from it....so you should get about 10 uses from the 5cc that this kit comes with. Honestly, after the first time I saw a difference....shit works GREAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pearce View Post
      im trying to find the stuff that you "paint" on, any word on the effectiveness or these, or better/cheaper options?
      http://www.pearlie.com/pearlie.html

Comment

try going to a dentist and get then cleaned... once cleaned continue to brush to keep them clean
        Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post
          try going to a dentist and get then cleaned... once cleaned continue to brush to keep them clean
          he cant clean coffee stains

Comment

yes they can.. stains they do
            Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

I bleached my teeth (everyone always comments on how good they look)......and the I can honestly say, the best method is to go to your dentist and have him make you customized TRAYS......... put the Whitening Gel in the trays and wear them to bed.........in 3 weeks, you're teeth will look transparent. Then, you can do it once a month to maintain the whiteness. Make sure you use CUSTOM MADE trays or else the gel wont sit flush on your teeth. Also, buy the strongest whitening gel you can find (unless your teeth are too sensititve).

Comment

I tried those crest white strips when they came out. They made my gums bleed.

Either I had never noticed previously my gums were receding or it caused them to. I've been fighting it for 6+ years now to get them to heal up.

I used to brush about 8 times a day. Then my dentist told me I brush too often and I might be hurting my gums. Now I do it three times a day. No improvement. =(

And sadly, now that I don't brush 8 times a day (I was seriously going through a tube of toothpaste a week by myself) I really do need teeth whitening. But I'm afraid it will make my gums bleed again!

Comment

Originally posted by huge285 View Post
                  Also, buy the strongest whitening gel you can find (unless your teeth are too sensititve).
                  I call it ice cream pain because that is how they feel after bleaching with the strong gel--like you just bit into frozen ice cream. Those custom trays are the way to go.

Anyone had the laser treatment and how did it work for you?

Perp

Comment

Rembrandt whitening kit. Comes with trays and 3 syringes of gel. it works great. its like 24 bucks and totally worth it. wear it for 20 minutes, rinse wait 10 min and repeat. you can go as white as you want. I highly recommend it

Comment

The strips and paint on stuff did nothing for me. oh and that rembrandt stuff you dont have to wait weeks you can do that cycle for like 3 hours and you'll be amazed.

Comment

I have a number of dentists in my family, so I felt compelled to contribute. The Rembrandt kit that you get through the dentist is one of the better ones around. I would also agree that getting a tray custom molded to your teeth is more effective than a "one size fits no one" that you buy off the shelf, as the custom-fitted one will keep the gel into contact with your tooth enamel for a sustained period of time, over the course of the nighttime. (I have 4 dentists in my immediate family and I've worked in 2 dental offices myself, so I have good sources to glean my information from.)

A few tips:
                        1) When applying the gel into the tray , try to do so in such a manner that the gel will be sitting on the outside surface of your teeth, but not the inside surface. Having the gel on the inside surface of your teeth can lead to increased sensitivity and can be quite painful.

2) When brushing your teeth, do not brush hard! You may think that "pressing really really hard" will remove those stains, but all you will get are irritated gums and gum recession (and once those gums recede, you CANNOT get them back to where they were before. When your gums recede, they start to expose root surface which also leads to tooth sensitivity). Use a toothbrush with SOFT bristles (no HARD OR MEDIUM!!)

3) Lastly, don't use scratchy or pumice-like materials on your teeth in an effort to remove stains -- leave that job to your dentist or dental hygenist. If you scratch your teeth away, you will get the opposite effect of having pearly whites.

The Explanation: Teeth are made of a white translucent enamel with a yellow-toned dentin core within. The more that you scratch away at that tooth enamel, the thinner and more "see through" that it gets, which makes the lovely YELLOW dentin shine through even more. So lay off the scratchy stuff!

I hope that this helps! (True Story: My dental assistant colleague once had a freaky patient who was constantly sick and had horribly eroded teeth. She finally discovered what he was doing...he was brushing his teeth with AJAX! What a freak!! )

Comment

what about the Zoom 2 System is supposed to take like 45 minutes in the dentists office and that it.

Anybody has any feedback on this.

Comment

fuk thats my only flaw. perfect teeth. im going to get LUMINEERS - $2,200

Comment

I saw this on a late nite infomercial and thought it looked pretty good. I usually use whtening toothpaste and chew whitening 'extra' sugar free gum and then hit a professional treatement weekly treatment ( the tubed stuff), but I think I'm going to buy this for an at home option.
                              Has anyone tried this?

http://www.ionicwhite.com/

Introducing Ionic White, with its revolutionary Light Activated Ionic System. The harmless blue light activates the gel and supercharges the painless whitening process.
                              It's that easy! It does both the front and back of your teeth so you can have a whiter, brighter smile.
                              • Lift years of stains
                              • Completely painless
                              • Just 21 Minutes
                              • No Costly dentitst visits
                              • Does not leave your teeth sensitive!

Comment

Working...
                              X