Lower Back Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Back Pain

About once or twice a year I get really bad lower back pain. I've had it this time for about a week, it's gotten better, but hasn't completely gone away. I found that by going to the gym and working out, it alleviated some of it. I took it easy today, hoping it would heal.

Does anyone else get this condition? What do you do about it, and what can I do when this happens? I don't train my stomach at all, should I do ab training to strengthen my lower back?

Core work, yoga and no dead lifts.

You fuck up your back and you are done for life. Also the lighter you are the better your back will feel, same with your knees.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

Stretch your hip flexor sand quads ALOT.

Anterior Pelvic Tilt is the root of a lot of back pain

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
        Core work, yoga and no dead lifts.

You fuck up your back and you are done for life. Also the lighter you are the better your back will feel, same with your knees.
        I'll make sure not to do deadlifts. Thanks for your advice!

Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
        Stretch your hip flexor sand quads ALOT.

Anterior Pelvic Tilt is the root of a lot of back pain
        I know how to stretch my quads. How do I stretch my hip flexor?

Comment

chip_flexor_stretch.jpghip-flexor-stretch.jpg

and once you get really do...do this....probably the best possible stretch...completely lengthens your quads and hips at the same time

crossfit-couch-stretch.jpg

Comment

Thanks, D-NUTZ, I appreciate your help!

Comment

Anytime buddy

Comment

Could be your pelvis is out of line giving you problems , id go to a chiropractor an see if anything is out of line . Your insurance should cover it . Also your lower back an abdominals , one may be lacking in strength force one muscle group to overload . I have a sciatic nerve issue that comes an goes at times , alot of people said im fucked but doing tons of research i learned that the wall in front of spine ( abs ) and your lower back need to be strengthen so i do alot of leg lifts an deadlift heavy an believe it or not im pain free . Like what Dnuts said alot of stretching an as well deloading the spine and a foam roller helps a TON

Comment

Leg Lifts are contraindicated in those experiencing low back pain.

Planks are the better/safer option

Comment

I agree as well dnutz but you can do them hanging to relieve tension of the spine , Some people are able to an some are not able to the motion . Planks would be the safest overall to do to be incorporated into the workout

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyT View Post
                      I agree as well dnutz but you can do them hanging to relieve tension of the spine , Some people are able to an some are not able to the motion . Planks would be the safest overall to do to be incorporated into the workout
                      Hanging is great!

Comment

Exactly its so nice for the spine an i just like hanging there lol . If you get chiropractic work , deep tissue an stretching you are golden

Comment

Working...
                        X