Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reoccuring lower back pain

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reoccuring lower back pain

    I have been having reoccuring lower back pain for the past 4-5 months. From what I have read on webmd it sounds like I have a medium muscle sprain. My back will be O.K. as long as I don't bend at the waist, but when I do reinjure it I feel a pop in my lower back and pain for 3-4 days with swelling. How long should I avoid lifting and what, if any compound exercises can I do for quads and hams to avoid this again. Should I definitely see a doctor? Thanks.

  • #2
    The "pop" you feel would indicate a structural problem. Hard to say over the net really. If it goes away in 3 to 4 days as you say and makes it hard to bend at the waist it sure as hell sounds alot like the SI (sacro iliac) joint. Avoid movements that aggravate it and definately work on strengthening the area with hyperextension movements (easy at first,then build up). I'd have it looked at if it's re-occuring.

    http://www.coachroblowe.com/injuries...cro-illiac.htm

    NYC BIG MIKE
    Looking for the "gang of 20".

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigben0426 View Post
      I have been having reoccuring lower back pain for the past 4-5 months. From what I have read on webmd it sounds like I have a medium muscle sprain. My back will be O.K. as long as I don't bend at the waist, but when I do reinjure it I feel a pop in my lower back and pain for 3-4 days with swelling. How long should I avoid lifting and what, if any compound exercises can I do for quads and hams to avoid this again. Should I definitely see a doctor? Thanks.
      find a GREAT C-H-I-R-O-P-R-A-C-T-O-R!
      i know i just did and after 3 adjustments my hip & low back are already feeling better, plus just knowing that i can now put the muscle on more evenly is worth continuing adjustments for the next month.
      chiro's are a bodybuilders best friend, plus the ICE PACK!lol
      check one out, really......
      I'm workin on getting better K!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Speaking of chiropractors, if you find one who is into working out you got a friend for life. Mine is a avid lifter and keeps me going strong.
        The SI problem I spoke of above (assuming that's what you have) was re-aligned by my chiro a bunch of times until it settled down. Good post bndniron4evrgal .

        NYC BIG MIKE
        Looking for the "gang of 20".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
          Speaking of chiropractors, if you find one who is into working out you got a friend for life. Mine is a avid lifter and keeps me going strong.
          The SI problem I spoke of above (assuming that's what you have) was re-aligned by my chiro a bunch of times until it settled down. Good post bndniron4evrgal .

          NYC BIG MIKE
          thanks mike.
          AGREED about the chiro at your gym.........
          i know 2 IFBB pro fbb's who are also chiro's.
          I'm workin on getting better K!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
            thanks mike.
            AGREED about the chiro at your gym.........
            i know 2 IFBB pro fbb's who are also chiro's.

            People who push their limits in the gym don't really appreciate a good chiropractor until they've tried one. I go once a week for maintenance but if some other thing comes up I'm simply amazed at how he can sometimes just "pop" it back into place. I'm feel lucky to have a chiropractor.


            NYC BIG MIKE
            Looking for the "gang of 20".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
              People who push their limits in the gym don't really appreciate a good chiropractor until they've tried one. I go once a week for maintenance but if some other thing comes up I'm simply amazed at how he can sometimes just "pop" it back into place. I'm feel lucky to have a chiropractor.


              NYC BIG MIKE
              Its called a subluxation. More important is loosening that all so dreaded muscle guard that keeps pulling you out. Thats why some chiros who dont incorporate deep therapy work to release the surrounding muscles get very little results and are the ones responsible for giving chiros a bad name.

              My cousin Dr. Nicholas Ruggiero AKA the Muscular Medicine man is the Chiropractic rehab physician for the NHL so I am beyond convinced at their abilities. For those in South Fl he has an office as well in Coral Springs.
              TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
              Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

              Comment


              • #8
                I also got the same advice from Larry Opiela who owns my gym. I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow, thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                  Its called a subluxation. More important is loosening that all so dreaded muscle guard that keeps pulling you out. Thats why some chiros who dont incorporate deep therapy work to release the surrounding muscles get very little results and are the ones responsible for giving chiros a bad name.

                  My cousin Dr. Nicholas Ruggiero AKA the Muscular Medicine man is the Chiropractic rehab physician for the NHL so I am beyond convinced at their abilities. For those in South Fl he has an office as well in Coral Springs.

                  The "pop" I referred to is the adjustment. A subluxation is when one or more of the bones of your spine (vertebrae) move out of position and creat pressure on or irritate spinal nerves. Spinal nerves are the nerves that come out from between each of the bones in your spine. This pressure or irritation on the nerves then causes those nerves to malfunction and interfere with the signals traveling from other nerves.

                  NYC BIG MIKE
                  Looking for the "gang of 20".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                    The "pop" I referred to is the adjustment. A subluxation is when one or more of the bones of your spine (vertebrae) move out of position and creat pressure on or irritate spinal nerves. Spinal nerves are the nerves that come out from between each of the bones in your spine. This pressure or irritation on the nerves then causes those nerves to malfunction and interfere with the signals traveling from other nerves.

                    NYC BIG MIKE
                    The pop is the subluxation being manipulated back into its original position. That I know. Like I said I have one of the top chiros in the country on my team. In fact he is also the Chiropractic rehab physician for the Dolphin cheerleaders and the Miami Heat is after him.

                    He is the sole reason I have such an education in this sport.
                    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                      The pop is the subluxation being manipulated back into its original position. That I know. Like I said I have one of the top chiros in the country on my team. In fact he is also the Chiropractic rehab physician for the Dolphin cheerleaders and the Miami Heat is after him.

                      He is the sole reason I have such an education in this sport.

                      I went to college and got a BS and MS in ex. physiology. I still learn new things all the time.

                      NYC BIG MIKE
                      Looking for the "gang of 20".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                        The pop is the subluxation being manipulated back into its original position. That I know. Like I said I have one of the top chiros in the country on my team. In fact he is also the Chiropractic rehab physician for the Dolphin cheerleaders and the Miami Heat is after him.

                        He is the sole reason I have such an education in this sport.

                        He is the man. I see him weekly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I swear by my chiro as well - used deep tissue as well as realignments!
                          SARMS Info Thread by SarmsSearch Use SHREDMD30 for 30% off!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A woman I know recently went to a chiropractor for the first time for foot problems. He "made an adjustment" to her feet and tore both achilles tendons. I told her to sue him but she never did. It took her months to recover.
                            By the way this is an 8 years old thread That was dragged up.
                            1700 years ago, supermen walked on earth. They called themselves Goths.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              While this is not directly related (due to the pop the guy feels), a friend of mine has lower back pain when his liver is working overtime and its values are too high...such as if he is taking an oral steroid or Tren. The liver has no pain sensors in it, so instead it causes pain in nearby areas to let you know it is in trouble. For him, that means bad lower back pain. He noticed this because he gets his blood work done quite frequently.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X