Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got tennis elbow in the right arm along with rotator cuff pain in the shoulder in my right arm. Been out of the gym since Nov 4... i am nervous to see how much weight I have lost. Was making some nice gains, but i have been battling these 2 things for over a year and decided to shut it down, going Mon to see the doc to get refered to an orthopedic doctor to see what is causing my bad shoulder, to say I am frustrated... I guess I will be out until early Jan.. Diet has gone to crap.. I am eating ok.. but just not too hungry. anyways what can you do...

Comment

went to a sports doc. he said I have tennis elbow.. which I have had for over a yr and a half on and off. I also have some small micro tears in my rotator cuff which is causing tendontitis in my rotator cuff. He put me on meloxicam for 30 days.. 15mg.. 1 per day.. When I was weighed I was @ 191, I usually weigh around 204.. no telling how much weight I have dropped by now.. He said I could start lifting after my next check up on jan 5... if all is well.. or I might need another cortisone shot... my appetite has dropped to.. I am eating clean.. just been going to a few holiday parties... hell I only went out drinking 3x the whole last yr... plus he gave me some exercises to do for my elbow and shoulder. I was going to go to pt but I already know the drill.... I know when I get back to the gym it is on.. I was burned out...

Comment

Well I just got the cast off my elbow, I don't know what I was expecting but the gruesome 7 inch cut with staples wasn't it. I had the same surgery to the other one done and the scar is only 2 inches!! My rom is horrible, my mind is telling me that all my gains will be gone in days. I know this is not the case but it makes me depressed to not hit the iron like I want too.

Comment

Weel im not injured but i am recovering from strep throat and the flu all w/in 2 weeks. It got so bad i was admitted into the hospital for IV's. I lost the most amount of strength i have ever in my life.

It is down right depressing.
          I am happy o nthe other end that my injuries have healed over the last year and a half.
          Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          F.I.T. Corps

Comment

Giant, I understand what your feeling bro, I just keep in mind all the pros and such overcoming way worse injurys and still be at that level inspires me

Comment

Originally posted by strongman05 View Post
              Bulged disc in my lower back that occasionally and seemingly randomly spazzes out. Not fun...and has put a hiatus on my strongman training for nearly a year now. Bench only powerlifting just isn't cutting it for me...AHHHH
              I got this same injury 4 months ago and it wont fucking go away. Can't squat or deadlift, or lift heavy for that matter. It's the worst feeling in the world

Comment

my elbow is still messed up. tennis elbow sucks.. I have had this for about 2 yrs. taking time off to get rid of it hopefully for good. I know I have lost so much muscle. Have not lifted since Nov.... I probably will start physical therapy in the next few weeks. These cortisone shots did not work this time...

Comment

I have thrown in the towel on my left shoulder.Went to the doc a week ago and he felt no tear and shot up the cortisone. After 7 days off it was good but now after a week back in the gym pure F'n hell. I am trying to get into the Ortho doc to get a closer look.

What sucks is i just got back in the gym in December after turning into a fat ass. I will turn 48 today...yeah..and at 40 was in the best shape of my life till i was kicked in the bicep and had it ripped lose. I went thru hell for that recovered but never got fully back to training ..on and off. Now i am back 100% committed and after a great shoulder workout 3 weeks ago BANG the F'n shoulder goes whack on me. I was cutting weight gaining strength and thanks to muscle memory seeing good gains in only a month and a half now this! Old injuries never die i am afraid.

Comment

Lower back

edit: accidentally posted what was intended to be a new thread here, my bad.
                    Don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about

Comment

I've been dealing with forearm/elbow pain. They think tennis elbow. No pain on skull crushers but bicep work hurts forearms. was getting some pain running down bicep, in front delt and in delt tie-in so got MRIs and have partially torn rotators in both shoulders and tenditis throughout my shoulders

the only area of pain right now is the forearms which is aggrivating cuz bringing up arms was goal this off season

so far
                      anti-inflammorties prescription
                      icing
                      deep tissue massage (this seem to help most)
                      electric stim (have small home unit)

Finally after 4 weeks got referral for PT don't have my hopes up but will give it a shot
                      iForce Nutrition Athlete
                      iTrain iCompete iDominate iForce

Comment

I only got half way thru this thread before I found it too depressing, best of luck to all of you.
                        Time to hit the reset button.

Comment

I have tendonitis on the side of my left foot which I have had since last december. My shoulder is starting to hurt where I had surgery on it and now I have carpal tunnel syndrome. My liver hurts and wakes me up in the middle of the night. There is nothing more discouraging then your liver starting to hurt a lot. Its the thing I love to do the most is going to kill me when Im 40.

Comment

Last memorial day I broke my ankle on a dirt bike. After about three weeks of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, I started hopping in to Golds on crutches. I was not going to let a little setback stop me from lifting. I actually waited 3 weeks to even have surgery. I kept telling people it's probably just sprained real bad. I was just scared of the cost of a broken ankle with no insurance. ($17,000) Anyhow, it's been almost a year. My limp is gone. I can jog for short periods, and I seem to be healing nicely.
                            If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Comment

this is a long needed thread for guys like me who have had injuries and want to talk to ppl who have been through similar things,it gets very hard to deal with sometimes,ive had 4 shoulder surgeries in 2 tears,2 on each shoulder,hernia surgery,i had 9 hemoroids cut out in the space of a year,and had started training again 3 months ago and now my back has stuffed up from a problem from years ago and may need surgery,can hardly walk now,at this rate ill never be trainin again,not happy.has anyone here had back surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by scott.b View Post
                                this is a long needed thread for guys like me who have had injuries and want to talk to ppl who have been through similar things,it gets very hard to deal with sometimes,ive had 4 shoulder surgeries in 2 tears,2 on each shoulder,hernia surgery,i had 9 hemoroids cut out in the space of a year,and had started training again 3 months ago and now my back has stuffed up from a problem from years ago and may need surgery,can hardly walk now,at this rate ill never be trainin again,not happy.has anyone here had back surgery?
                                Wow Scott, that is alot of surgery. I have had three this year on my elbow. How are you handling the pain managment if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                                X