Shoulder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder?

Was doing front raises when my shoulder popped, giving me horrible pain throughout the shoulder, bicep area. At first I thought I tore the bicep tendon, but its not so bad now. Still can't get in to the orthopedic for almost 2 weeks. pain is still in the shoulder with alot of popping, and extends through the bicep still and now down the lat.

Any thoughts of what I may be looking at? I'm hopping just a frayed rotator cuff, but am perplexed by the pain in my back.
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Do a google on "Referred pain"
    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
      Do a google on "Referred pain"
      Thanks DB, saw the Ortho today , says he pictures show about a 15% fraying of the long head tendon @ shoulder insertion. He told me to give it another week of rest and start exercising with 5 lb dumbells. This will test my patience I believe.
      “War is peace.
      Freedom is slavery.
      Ignorance is strength.”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

fuck that sucks...hopefully it will heal up proper.
        your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
        Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
          Thanks DB, saw the Ortho today , says he pictures show about a 15% fraying of the long head tendon @ shoulder insertion. He told me to give it another week of rest and start exercising with 5 lb dumbells. This will test my patience I believe.
          That sucks.

I know what you mean about shoulder injuries and patience.
          It took me a year to get over a serious one and I cannot lift the weight I could prior to it.

Comment

have the same problem

I have the same issue. Fucked mine up in Sept of last year and had to take off until this past March. Still can't do curls with any appreciable weight.

Comment

LOL been tight for the last year, with tendonitis pain. About a week ago doing BB curls it popped again , but this time no pain, I just tore the rest of the frayed part off, full range of motion w/no pain, feels a little weaker but should be ok. Bicep looks noticably different from left one now also.
              “War is peace.
              Freedom is slavery.
              Ignorance is strength.”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
                LOL been tight for the last year, with tendonitis pain. About a week ago doing BB curls it popped again , but this time no pain, I just tore the rest of the frayed part off, full range of motion w/no pain, feels a little weaker but should be ok. Bicep looks noticably different from left one now also.
                Now that's hard core.

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                  Now that's hard core.
                  No, probably just stupid LOL. The dr said all along I probably just had some frayed pieces hanging on for dear life that were causing the tendonitis, and that if i didn't have a history of weight training it and more probably would have torn away initially. Oh well, I can start hitting the arms a little harder now as long as the pain stays away...
                  “War is peace.
                  Freedom is slavery.
                  Ignorance is strength.”
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

Most likely it's torn rotator cuff! Some MRI's won't show it, but have more than one radiologist read the image. I had the same symptoms,and it wasn't until the third radiologist, that i was torn along the cuff and not across it.. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X